Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.1

406 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process at the big green dot is pretty extensive. I️ met a partner and discussed coming on board prior to kicking off the process. Then I️ was put in touch with the recruiter who scheduled my interview.

My interview was 2 hours total, and consisted of three 30 minute behavioral interviews with a consultant, manager, and senior manager; in addition to a 30 minute case study interview with a manager.

I️ felt my interviewers were welcoming and positive and asked good questions. I️ did a lot of intensive prep for the case study but it’s my experience they aren’t so much looking for a correct answer as they are the fact you can follow a process to get there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 people, HR (phone interview), and then followed by 3 back to pack interviews in person with a manager, senior manager and a partner. Very friendly and conversational interview.

Interview Questions

• How your past experiences make you the best candidate, understanding of the industry, expected growth (professional and personal)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Process was straight forward with behavioral questions based on STAR approach. There were 3 Mgr/SM rounds and 1 PPMD round. The selection process is one of the easiest in the industry. You need to maintain positive tone and body language in order to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague? How did you resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenging situation in your career?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position of senior consultant, coming from a small consultancy in the same area.

I had my first interview with a senior manager. It was supposed to be a director, but he was called away last minute, and rather than cancelling, Deloitte found an alternative.

On the same day as my first interview I was called back for a final partner interview, which was set up for a couple of weeks after.

In the partner interview, I was informally offered the job.

During the interview and on-boarding process I had an assigned member of the recruitment team to contact. He was really useful!!

Interview Questions

• What areas of you skill set do you feel need developing?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Technical Round followed by Versant Round and finally Manager Round.
    Technical Round for SAP Skills.
    Versant Test for business english.
    Manager Round - In which candidate is tested whether he/she is fir for deloitte or not.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2017.

Interview

2 x phone interview with recruiters + 2 x face to face interview with senior managers + 1 x phone technical interview.
    I was selected for the role. They asked for relocation to another country. Relocation package was a bad joke and salary was below market.
    I don't accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and the interview was competency based on five categories: problem management, management etc
    Most of the interview was also based on my curriculum vitae.
    They also gave me a chance to ask questions after the interview which lasted for close to an hour

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Three rounds held with each round reviewed by different employee levels. Each round involved understanding the work I did. First round was telephonic, followed by another telephonic, and final in person interview.