Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Camp Hill, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Recruiter call, phone screen, in-person interview with 3 individuals (manager, senior manager, principal). Basic questions about work history, interests, interest in Deloitte, and qualitative and quantitative skills. The interviewers were all very nice but lacked diversity.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

1. gesprek met recruiter
    2. telefonisch interview
    3. assessment
    4. tweede gesprek
    5. derde gesprek

Voor deze functie ben ik benaderd door een recruiter van Deloitte via LinkedIn. Vervolgens heb ik ene kort gesprek gehad met de de recruiter.
    Daarna een telefonisch gesprek. Vervolgens het tweede en derde gesprek weer op het kantoor in Amsterdam.

Een paar dagen daarna werd ik weer door de recruiter gebeld, dat ze me op dit moment niet kiezen voor deze functie. Maar mogelijk over een halfjaar als het project uit de startfase is, wel weer contect opnemen.

Interview Questions

• Noem een project waar je ana hebt gewerkt dat heel goed/heel slecht ging. Waarom?
      Vertel eens iets over jezelf
      Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Almost 6 rounds conducted. All went really very very well. End of the 6th round, the interviewee was convinced to pull me in, the process took some 2 months... but suddenly one odd day got a message that profile is not suitable... Really disappointed by the process. HAd to visit to the office almost 3 times bunking my office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was unnecessarily lengthy and partly unprofessional. I was contacted by an experienced hire in their human capital - talent and transformation practice, and the initial phone screening went well. I was then scheduled a few weeks later for a technical interview with a senior manager. At the said interview time, the interviewer did not show up. About 20 minutes later, I contacted the recruiter and scheduler and they apologized stating the interviewer was on a client engagement and could not make it. That she could not alert the recruiter or scheduler (even 10 mins before the interview) to let them know she was tied up, yet could let them know she was unavailable when they reached her after I contacted them asking where she was, to me was unprofessional and a waste of my time.
    After going back and forth with the scheduler, I was finally rescheduled with another manager for the technical phone interview, which went well. Shortly thereafter I was invited to an in-office "interview day" held on specific Fridays of the month. Here's where another bottleneck occurred as scheduling the interview date was held up for months due to "business priorities". The recruiter indicated she had to get approval to schedule me though I was invited, however, she had not secured that approval due to several reasons including the priority of Fall recruiting of MBAs. This delay lasted a full 3-4 months. At some point early this year the recruiter and I were in touch again and she was open to scheduling me in the Feb-March timeframe to which I agreed. I was told the "level" at which I would be brought in if I was offered the job would only be determined after the final in-office interview. As an experienced hire with more than 10 years of experience, I was targeting a manager position.
    The interview day came and I thought I did pretty well, although I noticed one of the interviewers (manager level) kept asking me questions about a business I founded and was running. I clearly stated I would not be involved if I transitioned to FT employment with Deloitte but she pressed on it pretty hard anyway. Early the following week, the recruiter called to tell me they would not be offering me the job due to lack of depth in human capital specific experience. What surprised me was the fact that based on my resume, they could have made this assessment even before the technical interview but it was never a problem as I sailed through the interview process. To me, it was a royal waste of my time to have to go through such a lengthy and poorly managed process just to tell me that as the reason to not offer the job. Ironically, I later found out they were considering me for the senior consultant role as opposed to the manager role I wanted. I doubt I would have taken a sr consultant offer anyway, as it was not worth giving up my current employment and business to take on all that travel and hectic lifestyle.
    On the positive side, once they finally scheduled me for the interview this year, a consultant was assigned to assist with any questions and preparations and that individual was helpful. The recruiter was also professional and responsive, though she seemed to have her hands tied throughout most of the process until the end when approval was granted to move forward.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard from what I understand. I met with a manager, senior manager and partner. We reviewed my resume, talked about work culture, expectations, and my career goals. Everyone was warm and very honest. I also loved that everyone spoke so highly of the firm. They really love the company and believe in the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled juggling multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in January 2017.

Interview

Exploratory chat with two Directors, very friendly. A case study with 2 senior managers with 5 days to prepare. Half a day of psychometric testing. I received an offer 5 days later.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Short and sweet, they were very polite and forward thinking. Was asked some behavioral and fit questions, which led to a more technical interview, and finally with partner. Have not heard a response yet but I am optimistic.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2017.

Interview

Had couple of rounds on day 1 with leads from USA in Deloitte Hyderabad office. Everything was setup as per schedule and the team was available on time. The questions were precise and the team was clear on what they wanted to achieve

Interview Questions

The package offered is not as per industry standards

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lugano (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lugano (Switzerland)) in September 2016.

Interview

apply online. receive a phone call. phone interview followed by office interview with 3 other people. interview lasted two hours and was both formal and informal. office was small for my like but i applied and then accepted after interview when they offered me contract.

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer: german or italian?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Deloitte holds rounds of interviews at specific locations across the country twice a year. Applicants are called in droves to certain locations for interview. Very precise schedule. Mass hiring twice a year.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my plans re: career path   1 Answer