Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

393 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was by an HR rep working with the account team. Simple over the phone conversation asking me about my experiences and background. I was asked to come in for an in person round of interviews. 3 rounds on the same day. First with a manager. This was a case study. Very different and a bit overwhelming but if you have the experience in the field you should be able to nail it. Second round was with a senior manager / Director. Once again interview was focused on the role and the past experience. Third was with a Partner. Asked me a lot about the SDLC cycle and also Agile. At the end of it all if you know what to talk about and have a good background in the field, you should be able to get through it all.

Interview Questions

• How is the SDLC cycle different than Agile?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's onsite usually on a Friday. You have 3-4 interviews all back to back. They put you up at the Ritz Carlton which was nice. It was an easy walk to office.

It seems very laid back but do not assume you did well. I was astonished when I was told that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They give you about 5 minutes to give a proposal on how you handle an issue that a client is having.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The recruiter explained that the interview would be a three part interview, including a behavioral interview, a normal interview, and a case study. They sent a practice case study and other interview prep materials. The interview was exactly as described.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used your attention to detail and listening skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews: one case interview, and one behavioral interview. Candidates selected from the first round of interviews were invited for a second round of the same. The case interview was what I expected. The behavioral interview was really disappointing--the interviewer seemed unprepared and uncomfortable. On balance, the interview process seemed rather unstructured and highly subjective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make a decision in an ambiguous situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

They sat me down with two managers. Both were very friendly. The first manager did a traditional behavioral interview. He gave me an opportunity to ask lots of questions. The second manager had me do a fairly simple case study. We also had a good conversation as well. In the end I didn't get the second interview likely because there were some competitive candidates from ivy league schools there as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you add value to our team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Had 2 rounds of interview with partners. It was pretty ok and the partners were friendly. The asked me about my previous experience. They were interested in why i wanted to work at Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Lengthy, but it was nice. lots of round at least 2 technical rounds. Waiting time between technical and HR round is lengthy. at least 2 telephonic rounds before gets a call for managerial round. Technical round is good. the questions are difficult and up to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Well coordinated and structured. Set the right expectations. Lasted an hour. Had a panel that asked very direct questions on past experience and future aspirations. Got confirmed over the phone and then an email after the right job fit was established.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

This is a long process with lots of dead air between you and the recruiter that took over 10 weeks start to finish. Overall, the interviews are very simple and ad-hoc in structure with no clear goal of skill or personality assessment.

After speaking with their management team, I felt they held themselves with too high a regard to be taken seriously (used car salesmen), so I declined their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR to ensure interest and overall fit. In-person interview with 3 interviewers: 2 personal interviews, 1 case interview. The process was very good and managed well. There was a bit of a mix-up in my file because HR double-booked my file but it was resolved easily.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background.   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a good fit for Deloitte.   Answer Question
    • Scenario interview having to do with the organizational change surrounding the centralization of an organization. Interviewer threw in curve balls in the middle of the mock presentation to see reactions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Management was open to negotiation based on intelligent rationale. Make sure you are aware of when your first bonus will come based on your hire date as it could be over a year away and not on your first anniversary. If that is the case, management will compensate you for the bonus that you will miss.