Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

This was part of campus recruiting. Usually first rounds are on campus where there is a behavioral followed by a case. Second rounds are at Deloitte where there is an individual case, a behavioral, and a group case.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging situation you were in and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The hiring process was very well organized. The recruiter was able to schedule each of the three interviews back to back on the same day, which worked well as I didn't want to take multiple days off going through the interview process.

The decision to hire was made in a reasonable time (2-3 days after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Explain some of the challenges you think you would face in the consulting world and how would you overcome those challenges?   Answer Question

Base salary was not what I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Sonya Yeonas, a Recruiting Specialist. She found me on Indeed.com. I had an interview with a senior software developer and one with a project manager and was told that both interviewers gave very good reviews of me and was told my final interviews would be with a program manager and a principle. I scheduled the time and then a half hour later Sonya calls and says that they decided to hire internally. I wonder if others have had similar experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was confusion in my interview process from the beginning. There was a posted position that was more of a staff aug role, and another position for a Senior Consultant that I was actually interested in. For some reason, recruiting keep mixing them up. The result being, my interview process lasted 7 weeks, and I interviewed with approximately six different people over that time. Each connection ended with a promise of someone getting back to me, but that never happened. I always initiated contact after not hearing back from anyone after a week. In my opinion, this was extremely unprofessional. I almost quit the process in frustration during week six when I was told to expect an offer in a couple of days, only to be informed days later that I needed to have yet another interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically any of the interview questions. From what I remember questions revolved more around my previous job and role, and where I saw myself in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Series of phone screens and interviews followed by in-person interviews and case studies. Their Talent team was extremely helpful and anticipatory of my needs throughout the process. Very impressive and professional and a great experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Application
    I was referred. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte on May 29 at McLean, VA office.
    Interview
    I currently work in the public sector on salesforce.com platform. I got a call in a week form the HR about the interview result.
    Three Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte.
    Three Face to Face Rounds:
    1. Consulting Round
    2. Technical Round
    3. Personality Assessment

Salary
    Offer made was decent and expected based on the city the position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions based on a business problem on Salesforce platform.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2015.

Interview

The HR screening went well and the woman I spoke with was a delight. It was standard questions and nothing stuck out as odd, except that she kept warning me about the hiring manager being hard to please and picky and having gone through many candidates. I didn't think much of it at the time, but she was in no way wrong! I had a phone interview with the hiring manager that went well, which was followed up by some test work. It took a good 6+ hours of my time and he was ultimately disappointed. Since he thought the phone interview went so well, he let me redo the work with further details on what expectations were. Another 6+ hours of work received an awkward note that he was again disappointed and included a running train of thought as to why he shouldn't hire me. Not surprisingly, I wasn't offered the position, though by that point I knew it was a mismatch for all involved and was not disappointed..

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions - why do you want this position, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard from what I understand. I met with a manager, senior manager and partner. We reviewed my resume, talked about work culture, expectations, and my career goals. Everyone was warm and very honest. I also loved that everyone spoke so highly of the firm. They really love the company and believe in the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled juggling multiple deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions

• They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

So glad you had a positive experience! What you described in terms of the variety of different types of interviews is consistent with our interview process for Consulting. If you haven't done a ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through a job portal. my profile is .net
    The lady who took my interview didn't even introduce her to me .
    It looked like she wasn't even interested in taking my interview.
    She was not sure of what questions to ask and asked some random questions.
    I gave all the right answers(i checked later too) but she was not convinced with any of my answer.I guess she didn't even deserve to be on the interview panel. She also questioned me about my lack of skills being a 6 years experience guy.(if you dont want to take interview it's fine, but dont judge anyone)
    This is one interview that i would like to forget.