Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.1

394 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Series of phone screens and interviews followed by in-person interviews and case studies. Their Talent team was extremely helpful and anticipatory of my needs throughout the process. Very impressive and professional and a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions

• They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

So glad you had a positive experience! What you described in terms of the variety of different types of interviews is consistent with our interview process for Consulting. If you haven't done a... More

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Application
    I was referred. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte on May 29 at McLean, VA office.
    Interview
    I currently work in the public sector on salesforce.com platform. I got a call in a week form the HR about the interview result.
    Three Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte.
    Three Face to Face Rounds:
    1. Consulting Round
    2. Technical Round
    3. Personality Assessment

Salary
    Offer made was decent and expected based on the city the position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions based on a business problem on Salesforce platform.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2015.

Interview

The HR screening went well and the woman I spoke with was a delight. It was standard questions and nothing stuck out as odd, except that she kept warning me about the hiring manager being hard to please and picky and having gone through many candidates. I didn't think much of it at the time, but she was in no way wrong! I had a phone interview with the hiring manager that went well, which was followed up by some test work. It took a good 6+ hours of my time and he was ultimately disappointed. Since he thought the phone interview went so well, he let me redo the work with further details on what expectations were. Another 6+ hours of work received an awkward note that he was again disappointed and included a running train of thought as to why he shouldn't hire me. Not surprisingly, I wasn't offered the position, though by that point I knew it was a mismatch for all involved and was not disappointed..

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions - why do you want this position, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard from what I understand. I met with a manager, senior manager and partner. We reviewed my resume, talked about work culture, expectations, and my career goals. Everyone was warm and very honest. I also loved that everyone spoke so highly of the firm. They really love the company and believe in the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled juggling multiple deadlines?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through a job portal. my profile is .net
    The lady who took my interview didn't even introduce her to me .
    It looked like she wasn't even interested in taking my interview.
    She was not sure of what questions to ask and asked some random questions.
    I gave all the right answers(i checked later too) but she was not convinced with any of my answer.I guess she didn't even deserve to be on the interview panel. She also questioned me about my lack of skills being a 6 years experience guy.(if you dont want to take interview it's fine, but dont judge anyone)
    This is one interview that i would like to forget.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for a position in the ITRM practice. The process took 1 week. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. Then shortly after then they brought me in for in person interviews in one day.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the salary and they accepted my counter offer. Always negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward for an experience consultant. A phone call from a recruiter, followed by a consultant in the particular practice you are interviewing for. If you pass that, you advance to an interview in office with typically a manager/senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you been on and what were your duties and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2015.

Interview

It was a couple phone interviews and a final video conference interview. All the phone interviews got an excellent feedback. The video conference interview was easy, it didn't look like they really planned what they were going to ask. It was more like random thoughts.
    The problem is with the recruiters, she is not a professional. I had better recruiters from small IT boutiques than from this big corporation.

My view about this company has changed and I don't longer have a great opinion of them.

Interview Questions

• Really simple questions, those questions were more random than a planned interview. They didn't take the time to have some coherence on their questions. They were jumping from topic to topic. I answer all of them.
      They wanted to present an offer for a different location that I was applying. The recruiter later drop the ball and stop all communication.
      A company at this caliber and having that type of recruiters, left a bad taste. I am professional and I can take a "NO" as an answer, but they decided to ignore all requests from my side and hide in a hole.
      My admiration for this company has just vanished.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I first had a 45 minute phone screen which was pretty standard--no surprise questions, although Q1 was "What did your supervisor say about you in your recent performance evaluation?"

After that, invited for in-person interview. Three, 30 minute interviews one right after the other. The first was walking the interviewer through my resume, the second was a case study, and the last was an interview specifically about my technical skills and capabilities.

The process went very quickly and the overall candidate experience I would rate very high.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me about your client-facing experience
      How do you manage multiple, distinct responsibilities?   Answer Question