Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

3.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

online application - telephone interview by HR - face to face interview with a manager - assessment center - partner interview - offer - accept offer - background checks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position of senior consultant, coming from a small consultancy in the same area.

I had my first interview with a senior manager. It was supposed to be a director, but he was called away last minute, and rather than cancelling, Deloitte found an alternative.

On the same day as my first interview I was called back for a final partner interview, which was set up for a couple of weeks after.

In the partner interview, I was informally offered the job.

During the interview and on-boarding process I had an assigned member of the recruitment team to contact. He was really useful!!

Interview Questions

• What areas of you skill set do you feel need developing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and the interview was competency based on five categories: problem management, management etc
    Most of the interview was also based on my curriculum vitae.
    They also gave me a chance to ask questions after the interview which lasted for close to an hour

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

An overly long process taking over 3 months from point of application to actually starting work.

Be aware of being told something you want to hear versus the reality of the role once you start.

Talk to other Deloitte employees if you can to get a better idea of the role before blindly accepting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you would contribute the most to Deloitte?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Informal phone interview - current experience, salary expectations etc
    2. First stage interview with manager - intense hour long interview where lots of detailed questions were asked
    3. Called back for second stage interview and assessment centre. Got an hour to prepare for a presentation, received an 8 page brief and had to do about 5 slides. Presented to a senior manager and he asked some questions. Senior manager then interviewed for 45 mins was quite intense. He then went and spoke to the director who then came in to interview for another 45 mins. Was more relaxed but still some probing questions.

Took quite a while to contact me as they were struggling for internal approvals so doubt it would take as long usually.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. HR phone interview
    2. One on One interview with senior manager mainly around my motivation
    3. HR assessment day
       a. Case based interview and presentation - Read the case, and create a presentation. Followed by a Q&A on the presentation
       b. Group Exercise - Read a case and discuss the issues within the group
       c. Written Exercise - Read a case and provide a 2 page written assessment
       d. 2 One on One interview with Director & Senior Manager - mainly testing motivation and competency

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

45 min competency based interview on the phone. Interviewer asked me to go through my CV and experiences and asked follow up questions based on projects I have worked on. Interviewer came from the same background as myself and encouraged me to ask questions on the transition to consulting. They want to know whether you would be the right fit for the company, mainly focusing on being able to change all the time - different projects, teams, people etc.

Interview Questions

• What would be the main challenge you would face when moving to consulting   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Experienced hire process. I applied to the website, had a screening interview with HR and then a competency and cv-based telephone interview.

The final stage was an assessment centre that consisted of a competency based partner interview, an hour-long case study preparation followed by a 10 minute presentation of the case study which went into Q&A about the presentation and then some competency based questions. There was also a written exercise (1-hour) and a group exercise.

The group excercise was the classic Deloitte one - Montolian community who have to implement 10 unpopular policies. Goal is for the group's top 3 to have 3 of your top 5. Key thing is to remember it's more about how you interact than the task per se!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After a first stage telephone interview I was invited to an assessment day which ran from 9-3pm. This involved a writing exercise summarising some information into 1 or 2 pages. Next was the Director interview, usual type of questions, more trying to get an idea of where you would fit in the business and your experience. Followed by a hour to prepare a presentation and then deliver it in 10 mins with questions afterwards which then went into another 30 min interview and finally a team exercise where you all are given some time to rate a few different proposals into a priority and then agree this with the rest of the team. Sounds like a lot but the day flew by and is a good chance to test yourself and see how you handle each task. I didn't really do any prep beforehand as was too busy with work/life but felt I handled it all very well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Screening telephone interview (45 mins), subsequently invited to attend a 1 hour face-to-face interview by a Senior Manager at Deloitte offices. I was then invited to attend an all-day assessment centre with 4 main exercises, including; a 1 hour written exercise, 10 min presentation and 45 min competency interview, 1 hour Partner interview, and 45 min group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview: covered general career background.

Senior Manager interview: more detailed interview covering; my CV, skills and experiences, understanding about the organisation and my potential fit within it, and general discussion about the industry.

Assessment centre: you're not competing with other attendees as you are potentially applying for different roles and so it helps if you can 'break the ice' before you start the exercises.

1 hour written exercise: write a summary report (2 pages) based on case study material you are provided with. There is a lot of information and you have to identify, comprehend and then summarise it. This should be in continuous prose rather than bullet points. It helps to quickly plan a structure for your report. Time will be tight.

Presentation & competency interview: prepare a 10 minute presentation (using flip charts) in the form of a management brief about potential engagement opportunities at a fictitious company. Keep things to the point but be prepared to elaborate on and justify your points based on the interviewer's questions. This then moves straight into a competency based interview (45 mins).

Partner interview (1 hour): a more detailed interview about you and your career to date, and your skills and experience. Be prepared to summarise key aspects of your CV, your working style, etc but then respond in detail to the interviewer's questions.

Group exercise: 10 mins to make an individual prioritisation of a series of options relating to a fictitious scenario, and then discuss this as a group with the objective of getting your top three in the group's top five. The group discussion is observed by interviewers, though it's best to try and ignore them.   Answer Question