Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Informal phone interview - current experience, salary expectations etc
2. First stage interview with manager - intense hour long interview where lots of detailed questions were asked
3. Called back for second stage interview and assessment centre. Got an hour to prepare for a presentation, received an 8 page brief and had to do about 5 slides. Presented to a senior manager and he asked some questions. Senior manager then interviewed for 45 mins was quite intense. He then went and spoke to the director who then came in to interview for another 45 mins. Was more relaxed but still some probing questions.

Took quite a while to contact me as they were struggling for internal approvals so doubt it would take as long usually.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. HR phone interview
    2. One on One interview with senior manager mainly around my motivation
    3. HR assessment day
       a. Case based interview and presentation - Read the case, and create a presentation. Followed by a Q&A on the presentation
       b. Group Exercise - Read a case and discuss the issues within the group
       c. Written Exercise - Read a case and provide a 2 page written assessment
       d. 2 One on One interview with Director & Senior Manager - mainly testing motivation and competency

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

45 min competency based interview on the phone. Interviewer asked me to go through my CV and experiences and asked follow up questions based on projects I have worked on. Interviewer came from the same background as myself and encouraged me to ask questions on the transition to consulting. They want to know whether you would be the right fit for the company, mainly focusing on being able to change all the time - different projects, teams, people etc.

Interview Questions

• What would be the main challenge you would face when moving to consulting   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Experienced hire process. I applied to the website, had a screening interview with HR and then a competency and cv-based telephone interview.

The final stage was an assessment centre that consisted of a competency based partner interview, an hour-long case study preparation followed by a 10 minute presentation of the case study which went into Q&A about the presentation and then some competency based questions. There was also a written exercise (1-hour) and a group exercise.

The group excercise was the classic Deloitte one - Montolian community who have to implement 10 unpopular policies. Goal is for the group's top 3 to have 3 of your top 5. Key thing is to remember it's more about how you interact than the task per se!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After a first stage telephone interview I was invited to an assessment day which ran from 9-3pm. This involved a writing exercise summarising some information into 1 or 2 pages. Next was the Director interview, usual type of questions, more trying to get an idea of where you would fit in the business and your experience. Followed by a hour to prepare a presentation and then deliver it in 10 mins with questions afterwards which then went into another 30 min interview and finally a team exercise where you all are given some time to rate a few different proposals into a priority and then agree this with the rest of the team. Sounds like a lot but the day flew by and is a good chance to test yourself and see how you handle each task. I didn't really do any prep beforehand as was too busy with work/life but felt I handled it all very well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Screening telephone interview (45 mins), subsequently invited to attend a 1 hour face-to-face interview by a Senior Manager at Deloitte offices. I was then invited to attend an all-day assessment centre with 4 main exercises, including; a 1 hour written exercise, 10 min presentation and 45 min competency interview, 1 hour Partner interview, and 45 min group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview: covered general career background.

Senior Manager interview: more detailed interview covering; my CV, skills and experiences, understanding about the organisation and my potential fit within it, and general discussion about the industry.

Assessment centre: you're not competing with other attendees as you are potentially applying for different roles and so it helps if you can 'break the ice' before you start the exercises.

1 hour written exercise: write a summary report (2 pages) based on case study material you are provided with. There is a lot of information and you have to identify, comprehend and then summarise it. This should be in continuous prose rather than bullet points. It helps to quickly plan a structure for your report. Time will be tight.

Presentation & competency interview: prepare a 10 minute presentation (using flip charts) in the form of a management brief about potential engagement opportunities at a fictitious company. Keep things to the point but be prepared to elaborate on and justify your points based on the interviewer's questions. This then moves straight into a competency based interview (45 mins).

Partner interview (1 hour): a more detailed interview about you and your career to date, and your skills and experience. Be prepared to summarise key aspects of your CV, your working style, etc but then respond in detail to the interviewer's questions.

Group exercise: 10 mins to make an individual prioritisation of a series of options relating to a fictitious scenario, and then discuss this as a group with the objective of getting your top three in the group's top five. The group discussion is observed by interviewers, though it's best to try and ignore them.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Not difficult in the first 3 interviews but what I didn´t like it was the lack of information after the interviews. I did the last interview in March 2015 so after 3-4 weeks of the interview I sent them an email asking for info but they didn´t reply me. It was in AUGUST when I received an email telling me that I wasn´t in the process...

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?; 3 positive and 3 negative things about me; where will I be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview is a Short 1:1 interview, followed by extensive feedback. Second interview is a day long process of interviews, presentations, tests and group exercise. There is plenty of oppertunity to ask questions and be asked hem too, you'll meet interesting people. A really positive experience that helps your decision making as well as the company.

Interview Questions

• normal usual questions, they want to know you your experience and what you have to offer, no hidden agenda or tricks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely slow to respond with little or no feedback. The employees were all very friendly and welcoming, however the waiting time between rounds made the process very tedious. The competency interview was split out from the case study interview, which was inconvenient but the interview was fairly straightforward and informal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very disappointing interview. Although the interviewer arrived 5-10 minutes late, tried to finish earlier (the interview was 14:45 - 15:45, but we started after 14:50 and I was not allowed to ask questions after 15:40).

When I started to ask my questions, interviewer started to ask other questions and I haven't had clear answers to my questions at all. Also, the responses I had were very discouraging and not improving my interest in the company and the role. From the first minutes of the interview, having an interviewer checking the time at every 5 minutes and telling me "Listen" was very distracting and the attitude was very discomforting.

It is clear that there are many managers at Deloitte you'd work together at some projects, but representing a big company to an experienced candidate in that manner wasn't something I expected, perhaps this caused my frustration.