Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in July 2018.

Interview

Process was erratic and unprofessional at times. After two strong phone interviews with members of the team and discussing moving forward (eg that I would here back from the recruiter the following week as to next steps for scheduling an in person interview), I have never been contacted. That was over two months ago. I understand that another candidate may have been preferred or maybe the position was no longer available, but I expected a company like Deloitte to have the common courtesy to send at least an email bringing the process to a close.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

--Phone screen followed by Partner Interview

The process felt like it took a very long time.

After completing the partner interview in October 2018, I felt like my chances were very high and that the next step would be an in-person interview with several people.

It is now March 2019, and I still have not heard whether I should expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the biggest challenge you have faced in your career and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

An overly elongated Big 4 process compared to their competitors. Within the time frame that Deloitte was moving to 3rd round of interviews (out of the 6-7 they casually referenced at the beginning of the process) I received 3 formal offers from competitors. I accepted an offer with a competitor but chose to continue the interview process in the hopes that perhaps their offer would be more advantageous, it was not. The general attitude of the interviewers was not one in which I felt particularly "sold" on the firm.

Interview Questions

• behavioral interview questions, client management questions, conflict resolution questions, general views on subject matter area you would consult for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

2 interviews with the recruiter, and one with the MD. Detailed review of my background, experience, industry knowledge etc. MD did the same, we spoke about culture etc. Things seemed to be going well, but then it suddenly went silent.

Interview Questions

• this was for a lateral hire - so questions about industry happenings and my work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview were all with the partner level folks. I was looking for a role higher than senior manager but this was the highest for the level as the next level is partner. a

It started with an initial phone interview with HR Rep followed by another phone interview with a partner on the role. The latter was followed by in person interview with 3 partners. Finally the offer was provided .

Interview Questions

• They asked about the career track and presentation at events/conferences   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

WORST RECRUITER ever! The whole process took 9 months. The lead recruiting specialist in technology digital (V. D.) was unprofessional and unfit. She has no understanding of technology/digital or the different industries, didn't listen to interviewers feedback, and did not follow up.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2016.

Interview

Not easy. Got a personal introduction/referral which set off the hiring process. Didn't apply for a specific job, rather, I had experience and a skill set they thought would be helpful to grow a business sector. Took over two months and included interviews with 6 different PPDs. Explanation for length and depth of process was twofold - they don't ordinarily hire senior managers from outside and they needed to identify specific assignments for me to begin on day 1.

Although frustratingly long, it was helpful in that I met many of the people I will be working with regularly, and I was equally able to interview them while concurrently being considered.

HR rep was great throughout - very communicative and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest hurdle you had at your last position and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the industry right now?   Answer Question
    • How have you motivated reluctant clients to retain your services?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had discussed what I was looking for with HR before the offer was made. Was satisfied with the terms offered, which were consistent with my stated request, so did not negotiate further.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very long process with at least 4 (maybe 5) Partners and/or Partner-level people. Many phone calls that were primarily focused on the ability to bring in new business and build new business in market area.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my basic industry experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A little back and forth but was not too bad.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Standard for professional services: recruiter confirming/screening (phone); technical skills confirmation (phone); line consultant behavioral/is how you've done this work before relevant and to the standard needed interview (phone); and a face-to-face interview day covering the same ground with new line consultants and a Principal/Director level confirming interview.

Anonymous Employee in Costa, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa, WV) in April 2014.

Interview

It took almost two months. I was interviewed by the practice Partners and Directors and one other Senior Manager. I asked if I could "interview" some junior staff and get their feedback. They gladly let me do that. No other Firm I was considering let me interview staff level employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a customer was convinced that their actions resulting in a project fail should be blamed on you (you, of course had nothing to do with it). How did you ensure an outcome of success?   Answer Question