Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.2

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

This was arduous because of distance. I had four interviews over about three months via phone. Two of them were flubbed by recruiting, where the principles canceled or didn't sign off and I was waiting and finally called to find out what was going on only to have to reschedule. After getting a final interview on location I was given a verbal offer by recruiting and told to expect a package within days.

Then nothing

Apparently the did a reorganization while I was in the final stave of the hiring process. The position was not a part of their new organization. Getting this information took several weeks and it was only unofficially given to me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

WORST RECRUITER ever! The whole process took 9 months. The lead recruiting specialist in technology digital (V. D.) was unprofessional and unfit. She has no understanding of technology/digital or the different industries, didn't listen to interviewers feedback, and did not follow up.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2016.

Interview

Not easy. Got a personal introduction/referral which set off the hiring process. Didn't apply for a specific job, rather, I had experience and a skill set they thought would be helpful to grow a business sector. Took over two months and included interviews with 6 different PPDs. Explanation for length and depth of process was twofold - they don't ordinarily hire senior managers from outside and they needed to identify specific assignments for me to begin on day 1.

Although frustratingly long, it was helpful in that I met many of the people I will be working with regularly, and I was equally able to interview them while concurrently being considered.

HR rep was great throughout - very communicative and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest hurdle you had at your last position and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the industry right now?   Answer Question
    • How have you motivated reluctant clients to retain your services?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had discussed what I was looking for with HR before the offer was made. Was satisfied with the terms offered, which were consistent with my stated request, so did not negotiate further.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Was introduced through head hunting company. One interview with the head hunter, followed by two by future colleagues. Very easy going and straight forward. They made a very positive impression on me.
    The normal process is quite a bit more formal, but from my colleagues that experienced it, I have heard nothing but praise of the professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your future aspirations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview were all with the partner level folks. I was looking for a role higher than senior manager but this was the highest for the level as the next level is partner. a

It started with an initial phone interview with HR Rep followed by another phone interview with a partner on the role. The latter was followed by in person interview with 3 partners. Finally the offer was provided .

Interview Questions

• They asked about the career track and presentation at events/conferences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

easy, had a phone screen, a meeting with a partner, then 3 in person interview at the office. Had an offer by the time i got home. Very pleasant experince

life/work balace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application system is antiquated, cumbersome and asks irrelevant information. Only allows you to specify blue chip former employers and does not automatically read resume information like others do. Import from Linked In does not work properly - all in all, a disastrous first impression. Cannot save just unchanging details - e.g. previous work history - but either have to save everything including cover letter and resume or nothing and enter it all again for every job.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied via Deloitte's online job board. Two weeks later I was contacted by the experienced hire recruiter via email to arrange a time for a telephone interview. We confirmed a mutually agreeable time and the recruiter confirmed she would call me. The agreed upon time came...no call. Approximately 50 minutes later I received an email stating she could call in 20 minutes if I was still available. I agreed to still speak with her and she called offering her apologies for missing our originally scheduled time. The conversation was pleasant with nothing unexpected. The recruiter advised me that she would be in touch. The next day she emailed stating she was referring me to a hiring manager for a phone interview. This interview was scheduled one week later. Again, nothing unexpected and a very pleasant conversation with the hiring manager. I followed up with the recruiter the next day and she advised that I would be interviewing with another hiring manager. This interview was scheduled to occur three days later but had to be rescheduled because of a holiday gathering. It was rescheduled for the following week. This interview was also very routine , professional, and went very well. The hiring manager advised that communication would probably slow for two weeks since Christmas was the following week. I followed up with the recruiter after the third interview. I again emailed her after the New Year and followed up with a voice mail. Zero communication. Also during this process I was provided with an official application, release, and background check. I have over 24 years experience in the profession and recently retired as a military officer. I am disappointed in the lack of professional courtesy offered by Deloitte. If I was no longer under consideration for their position a simple email or phone call would have been great. At this point, I will not consider Deloitte for future opportunities...if communication drops at the pre-hire stage it leads me to believe communication would be problematic as an employee.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions -- I am an expert in the federal program which Deloitte was hiring for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, tough to find time that people are available. They discussed prior experience, asked me what motivates me and what I enjoy doing. They asked scenario based questions that would occur within a client setting.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Standard for professional services: recruiter confirming/screening (phone); technical skills confirmation (phone); line consultant behavioral/is how you've done this work before relevant and to the standard needed interview (phone); and a face-to-face interview day covering the same ground with new line consultants and a Principal/Director level confirming interview.