Deloitte Senior Project Controller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Project Controller Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

3.2

Senior Project Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview

Interview is very scripted be prepared to answer case study questions. The key to this interview is displaying your ability to conduct financial analysis , strong excel skills, and prioritization. Also, be sure to convey that you have experieince in supporting engagement teams, and are comfortable discussing financial data.

Interview Questions

• There are various business case scenarios.   1 Answer

Negotiation

based on market rates and experience

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The process is very friendly and straightforward. I was referred to Deloitte by a personal friend who also works at Deloitte, contacted by a recruiter for the position, and then we set up an initial phone interview within a couple days of that first e-mail exchange. After that phone interview, where we just went over my resume and basically it's applicability to the job, I was told I would be recommended for a second "technical" phone interview with someone from the group at a level higher than the one I was applying for. I had that phone interview a couple days later and we also mostly just discussed my resume and some soft-skills type questions about time-management and delegation, for example. Both phone calls were very laid back and low stress. A few days after that (could've been even a week or so), I heard back from my original recruiter (who did the first phone interview) and she said I was going to be invited into the office for in-office interviews. It took a while to get the official invitation from another HR representative (1-2 weeks) and then I was scheduled to come into the office about 2 weeks after that. I had three in-office interviews: 1) a fit interview (same as the phone interviews, basically), 2) a 'financial' interview (where I also talked mostly about my resume and past experiences), and 3) a case interview. I will say that I read a text book on case interviews cover-to-cover, practiced at least 50 different cases, and put in a total of close to 30 hours of studying for this case interview - and it was 30 hours too much. I didn't really get a case in the true sense of the word but was given a very general scenario and asked how I would (or have in the past) handle it. Everyone I talked to was very friendly, approachable, and I felt completely comfortable. I heard back within one week with an email saying that the team was preparing an offer and I got the actual offer another week later (so probably two weeks after my interviews).

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. It was one of the best interview experiences I have ever had!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I had read on here that most people who tried to negotiate were turned down so I had a plan in my mind and as long as they met that plan, I was on board (and they did).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very speedy from the first contact by the recruiter to the in-person interview and follow-up. 3 step process - first phone interview with recruiter, followed by technical screen and invitation for in person interview with 3 people over 2.5 hour. Everyone was very professional, no silly qustions.

Interview Questions

• In depth case study 30 min discussion with the interviewer. Great way to showcase your experience!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Got the initial call from the recruiter who wanted to review my resume....that same day got an email that I'd "done well" and a Manager wanted to speak with me regarding my technical skills the very next day. I did well on that screening and a day later was offered a chance to come interview on site (along with 10+ other candidates).

Met with 3 different people onsite including a case study which wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be.

Know your resume in and out, expect lots of behavioral questions and be prepared to explain "why Deloitte?"

Still waiting to hear if I got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

I interviewed with three individuals, a senior manager and two managers, in person. This was all done in one day in about 2 hours one after the other. After this interview, I talked with the director of the program on the phone for about 30 minutes. Finally, HR sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, negotiated for only about 0.5% more than they offered and they accepted it. I probably could have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three rounds of interview. very straight forward. very nice and welcoming people. great culture.
    it wasn't like other case studies you see on the website. because it is a project controller practice not project management practice. overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• why Deloitte?
      how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.   2 Answers

Project Controller Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

General and brief phone interview with HR to determine if skill sets are adequate. then longer 30 min phone conversation with a member of the team for a more technical interview. Lastly, an in person interview at the company. upon my arrival, i was greeted by an employee who told me led me to an office and told me she was my "buddy" for the day. she showed me around briefly (water, bathroom etc) and we chatted while I waited for my interview. Just a nice gesture on Deloitte's behalf. my first interview was with 2 people, where they asked me very general case study style questions, some general some excel. I studied my butt off on these expecting complex business case studies. I overstudied. These are general case study questions. You have to know excel though. Second interview was with 1 person who grilled me on my current job and past experience. Rather than going into generalities about what I did, he really picked apart my answers. Last interview was with 2 people, one of whom was the Director. He asked me general questions about what I did. Everyone was extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Just general observations I noticed- office was nice, which I liked. It reassured me that the company cared about its employees and wanted to provide a nice office for them. 2. the employees seemed on the younger end. However, with that said, they all appeared well dressed. Again, this speaks to me that the office culture expects everyone to dress professionally and everyone puts in effort to their appearances. it may seem silly but these little details matter. At my current job (i work at a very famous industry leader bank/asset management in the city) and everyone from the VP to my managers come in sloppy. No one cares. and it's those little gestures that translate to their work.
    I was told that due to the younger age range, everyone is very much encouraged to get along and socialize.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time when you had to track a metrics and how did you improve upon these metrics.
      2. Technical excel based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via recruitment company. CV screening took 4 weeks at least.
    First stage was paper-based case study and Excel test on computer.
    Second stage was the interview with the director. The interview was CV based starting with questions like "Where did you do your schooling?" and "When did you graduate from university?"

Put "Interview Difficulty" as average due to inappropriate questions asked.

Obviously, I am not of suitable origin and age.
    Not proceeding to the next stage, not interested to work for a company that discriminates by origin or age.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you do your schooling?"
      "When did you graduate from university?"
      etc.
      The above and some other are simply inappropriate.   2 Answers

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Excel test was fine and actually quite easy. However, the interview kind of weird. It sounded like the interviewer was trying to find out about my age. In my opinion questions were completely irrelevant to the role. I have over 20 years of work experience so not sure how questions about when I went to school and where were relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• - Where did you got to school?
      - Which year did you finish the school?
      - Which year did you graduate university?   Answer Question