Deloitte Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Deloitte through my University and received an interview within the same week that I applied. The first interview took place at my University and I spoke with a senior manager from the firm. That night I received an email that I was chosen for an office interview. A few weeks later I went for an office interview. They put me up in a hotel and I was invited to a pre-interview mixer party. The next morning me and about 25 other students went to the office where I had three 30 minute interviews two with senior audit managers and one with the audit partner. After the interviews they took me out to lunch. I was told within 3 days that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

They hosted a pretty basic interview with behavior type questions and asked many questions about my resume. They wanted to have a conversation as opposed to a question and answer type of interview. The interviewers are friendly.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Nice interview experience with four interviewers. Three senior managers and one partner. It took 30 minutes talk with each of them. Asked basic questions and more like a casual talk.

Interview Questions

• Why you decided to come to big four after you work in a local cpa firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

basic behavorial style questions. Interviewer was an audit manager who didn't really seem Interested in the candidates. He forgot he had interviews the day I went and he missed all of the interviews before mine. It did not provide a good impression of Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Lots of behavioral type question, campus interview, office interviews.
    internships are available, externship process

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a teammember under performing and how did you deal with that   Answer Question

Negotiation

none as a staff accountant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had to apply on my school career connection as well as their website online. I went to meet the firms to meet a couple of the recruiters. I attended an interview and they asked me

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Went to the social and the on campus interview. Really depends on the interviewer you get, who you might have met the social. My interviewer was a senior manager and was very strict and asked behavioral questions from a packet, though friends had one where it was more conversational with no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solicit advice and how did it affect your work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Out of university, standard interviews of university graduates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't agree with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Unbelievably tedious. It is almost as if they only want to hire people who have nothing better to do with their time than interview with them. They come to college campuses to hire entry level employees and then give these employees an attitude about not having industry experience. After giving the initial impression that you aren't going to hear back from them, then they start calling and wanting you to show up to last minute interviews. Don't be concerned with the interview. It is simply a process of you telling them what you know about their company and then them pointing out everything that you failed to mention.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to attend ----- University instead of going to -------. I went to ------ and I thought it was much better than where you are going.   Answer Question

I have heard more credible interviews while waiting in line for my food at Mc Donald's.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview was mainly personality based. The firm was looking for professionals who have similar outlooks on life and work and wanted the hired staff to fit in well with the established personnel. Most questions were "Describe a time that you..." as opposed to other interviews that typically test one's skills. Overall, it was a harmless event.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance in which you had to supervise a peer in a team atmosphere?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my location but definitely not my salary and/or benefits.