Deloitte Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Skype Interview, I did a lot of networking before hand which made the process a lot more comfortable.

Overall experience was good, it was comfortable. The office I applied to was smaller and that made their atmosphere different than the bigger less personable offices. That quality really shone through during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2015.

Interview

summit my CV , 2 days later recieved an email regarding a video interview, and after the video interview got a personal one , in total the process took arorun 1 and half weeks

Interview Questions

• Why are you choosing Deloitte?
      Give me an example of when you were involved in a multi-task situation. How did you manage it? (planning and organising)   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 managers and I explained to them why I was late and I have called their office indicating that I will be 20 minutes late because of the traffic accident.

Interview Questions

• How long since I left my last employment   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 month. First phone interview and then email to set up a phone interview time. The interview was with a senior recruiter. The interview first went through the detail of the resume and behavior questions. There were some technical questions but nothing complicated, just make sure to review the job description and any questions that you can think of they might ask.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward. I think I might have given a higher salary expectation that might have hurt my chances.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two behavioural interviews with a Manager and a Partner. The interviews focused mainly on cultural fit and whether management can picture you within their team(s). The interviewers were incredibly friendly and kind. They made you feel comfortable and even joked around with you. This might have been a special case for me but I felt very calm and at ease during my interview process. However, closer to the end of my interview, the Partner asked me a finance-related question to throw me off but luckily I was able to answer with confidence.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.
      Why Deloitte?
      Why accounting?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

1 on 2 interview and they asked me questions about my resume. It was about 1 hour long but not as many technical questions. It was only one interview with the partner and a senior manager. They were looking for the best fit.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I got this interview through the CPA university recruitment process.

The interview I got was 2 interviews of 30 minutes each.

1. The first one was with 2 managers asking typical behavioural questions tailored to my CACEE/resume. For this part it is good to practice the typical behavioural interview questions.

2. The second one was with a partner and it was more of a conversation rather than typical interview. The first question I got was "Tell me about yourself."

Interview Questions

• If you have a group project that conflicts with your studies, how will you handle it ?
      Tell me a time where you had to motivate people, and how did you do it ?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of behavioural based interviews with 2 interviewers; one manager and one senior. Each interview lasted about half an hour, and questions surrounded the experiences shown on my resume. There were a few questions with the nature of "tell me about a time when... (a difficult situation and how you solved it)", and was pretty easy if you had prepared a few experience stories ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your boss/superior asked you to do something you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want the CPA designation?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two interviews. One with manager and another with partner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to manage a project and how did you complete it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1. Online aptitude test (Verbal and numerical)
    2. Group Assessment with around 8 candidates in a grp, the group discussion would be case-based with 2 different sets of data (so 4 candidates get data set A and others are data set B). The case is rather easy, simple business sense already enough (like different marketing channel)..
    3. Final interview with partner: My interview only lasted for around 10 minutes and I was pretty sure I could get the offer because I can see the partner is impressed. Self introduction and asked about career plan for short term and long term..

Interview Questions

• My case was somewhat related to the milk scandal in China and we were working for the milk product company. The task was to come up with some strategies to promote the products.   1 Answer