Deloitte Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds and four interviews in total:
The first round was a case presentation (30 minutes) and a behavioral assessment (30 minutes)
The second was a case (1 hour) and a oral interview (30 minutes)
After the offer, you have about 2 weeks to decide

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you worked with a difficult team - how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds back to back in office. First round had 1 case and 1 fit interview. Second round was a group case interview with 2 senior consultants/manager level people. Cases were mostly data-driven as candidates were given tables and charts and some inputs and asked to calculate different things, then draw insights and think of ideas to improve revenue or cost.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

On-campus recruiting, followed by two rounds of interviews. First round consisted of one 30-minute case study and one 30-minute behavioral interview. Interviewers were friendly and genuinely seemed to want me to do well. Second round was held at their office and consisted of 4 interviews, followed by panels and Q&A time. There was an hour group case study, 30-minute individual case study, and two 30-minute behavioral interviews. The second round felt more competitive than the first round, but the Deloitte staff were friendly and and supportive throughout.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a supervisor you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need to negotiate as it was quite competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

on site visit at school
    select for first round interview (30 minutes mini-case, 30 minute behavioral interview)
    second round (1 hour case)

behavioral questions: why consulting, why deloitte, leadership experience, dealing with problems, walk me through your resume
    case questions: math based, interviewer led healthcare related questions (simple %, multiplication)
    concerned with structure, MECE thinking, hitting on major issues in healthcare

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you encountered a problem with someone on our team, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (North Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

On campus - consisting of two 30 minute interviews. The first one was a 30 minute case interview consisting of a new market entry case with regards to the auto industry and the second was primarily a fit interview with a senior member of the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made recommendations on a project and everything that was told to the client came out to be incorrect   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Case based interview are the toughest bit to crack. Ensure you ask the right question and practice before going in for interview

Interview Questions

• Think like a consultant and explain the inventory management for a large manufacturing firm ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Oncampus interview followed by an interview in Atlanta

Interview Questions

• The process is very predictable ... not mind twisters ....   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations . Deloitte offers a very comprehensive package that is tough to beat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews. One fit, one case. The case was a M&A case, asking how to value a company using multiple. The fit interview was conversational to clarify things on your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Campus interview. Went through two rounds of case interviews on campus. First round - two interviews, one behavioral (fit), the other 30 minute case interview. Round two - one 45 minute case interview with a Senior Partner of the firm. Highly analytical case, involved a fair bit of Math.

Interview Questions

• This was a 2010 when Toyota was recalling cars. Interviewer asked me, if I was CEO of Ford, how would I react to this situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation only works if you have a competing offer, otherwise you have to accept pretty much what they offer you.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Sacramento, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed 8 individuals in one day. 9AM - First round of interviews consisted of half of the group going for a typical 1:1 interview, while the other half went to the case study interview. 1PM - Two individuals were chosen from the first round. Second round consisted of a 1 hour case study interview in front of 2 individuals. Case was read aloud by one interviewer, you are expected to take notes, then both interviewers ask a series of questions to get a feel of your thinking process.

Advice: Talk through your thoughts in the case study. They aren't looking for the right answer, but rather, how you think and how you answer their questions. Be confident, but methodological. I looked at the online interview practice from McKinsey's website. It is more quantitative than this interview, but helped me to prepare.

The people come off as very nice and open, however, you have to be very careful of everything you say and do because you are judged 100% of the time you are around them - even the office people. It is a cut-throat environment, so buckle your seat belt.

Interview Questions

• If you witnessed a coworker engaging in improper conduct i.e. downloading client files to a personal drive, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not negotiation for pay since it is quite high. You can negotiate the start date.

Advice for an offer: Consulting is a life-style where you pretty much have no freedom. You can work from 6AM until 2AM for 6 months including the weekends. They will send you all over the country at any time regardless of your personal situation. They encourage heavy drinking and socializing, but beware, you are judged at those events as well. There is no typical hierarchical business structure, and half of the time I had no idea who my boss was or who I was reporting to.

Both myself and another individual in my position did not (or would not) have accepted a full-time position with this firm. Even though consultants make $85,000, the hourly rate is about $20.