Deloitte Tax Consultant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Tax Consultant I Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On-campus interview with one senior manager and one director; second round onsite interview with two directors. Directors are very nice and friendly. Never intend to trick interviewees. Shows real interest in the answers and have follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you need to deal with conflicts in your teamwork.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Tax Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I interviewed at Deloitte, New York, in March. This has been the longest interviewing process I have been through my whole life but I am glad it worked out well in the end. The first invitation to the interview came through from their office in Florida. It was a video screening interview and this was in October 2015. I did not hear from them until 2 months after but because of scheduling conflicts on both ends, my last interview was not till March 2016. However, the good news is that they flew me in and booked me a hotel room that was only 2 blocks away from the site. They also reimbursed all the other expenses I incurred

Interview Questions

• The first screening interview was only 10 minutes long but a bit intense compared to the final one. It was a video interview and some of the questions were:
      1) Why are you interested in working at Deloitte?
      2) How do you manage and plan your time?
      3) How willing are you to travel?

The last interview was on site at Deloitte. They were two 30 minute back two back sessions; one with the manager and one with a partner. It was very relaxed and to me it didn't feel like an interview but more like a conversation. I was a bit frustrated though because nothing I prepared for was asked and it was hard to tell what sort of skill they were trying to tap from me. I just know that they were trying to determine if I was a great fit. The questions were:

1) So, I see you've some great volunteer experience, can you please share some of those with me?
      2) Tell me more about your study abroad experience you did in China?
      3) How comfortable are you with Microsoft Office Excel?
      4) How do you feel about relocating to NYC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lincoln, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for Deloitte on campus interview from at school's Huskerhire link website and at Deloitte's website. After I submitted my application, they sent me an email to finish some forms with some basic questions. After that received email that asked me to choose a time for the on campus interview. The day I had the on campus interview, they called me and invited me to a two-day conference.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your listening skill   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a job fair that was held at my university. The first round was two thirty-minute back-to-back interviews with a partner and a senior manager on-campus. These were more behavioral-based interviews. After I cleared this round, I received a phone call the very next day to schedule an interview at their downtown office in Chicago. The second round interviews were more personal, that is, the aim was to get to know the candidate. They were more conversational in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to demonstrate your leadership skills?
      Tell me about a time where you had to handle a conflict, and what was your approach?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I interview at Deloitte Tax Mergers and Acquisitions. It was of all the interviews I have been on, including at Deloitte, the most relaxed and comfortable environment, because of the people. I interviewed with 4 partners and 1 Senior Manager. Some more talkative, some more funny, but all of them very relaxed and nurturing. They were interested in being very candid about my experiences and what I have done and how aware I am about what the department does. Overall an excellent experience. I was taken to lunch by 2 Senior Managers and a Senior Associate. They were amazing. Very down to earth and easy to talk to. The emphasis was on having a high motor at work.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are with what we do here?
      Tell me what you've done at this internship?
      Why mergers?   1 Answer

Tax Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2015.

Interview

The first round was on campus, two 30-minutes 1:1 interviews. Most were behavioral questions. The interviewers were pretty nice. They didn’t ask a lot, so you’d better to prepare questions to ask. Onsite interview was one month later. Had the opportunity to meet the interviewers the night before during the pre-interview reception, which was a good opportunity to let them know more about you and have yourself know better about them. The second round interview was pretty similar with the first one. Two 30-minutes interviews with different interviewers. They were of different style. Also, most of them were behavioral questions. Be relax, be yourself. Knowing more about their firm and team was pretty helpful. So go to their info sessions and ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a first round campus interview which consisted of two half-hour interviews. Attended a pre-night dinner the night before the interview which I highly recommend attending as it allows you to get to know your interviewers better for the next day. Then flew me out for an office visit and had another pre-night dinner as well which I believe also benefited me. The office visit consisted of four half-hour interviews all with managers and they asked basic questions about your resume and also what you like to do in your free time. Be sure to know the field you are going into. The interviews were pretty laid back for the most part and the managers just wanted to get to know you better and see if your personality and background are a good fit for the job. For one of my interviews, I asked the questions about 90% of the time. Overall a positive experience with Deloitte.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I've participated in the University career fair to initially meet the representative from the firm. I've talked to the Director in Tax practice and received the interview in the following week. Application was submitted to both University Career website and Firm's website. First Interview was a Back-to-Back Interview held on campus with a Partner and a Director. Interview was overall very conversational, but I did receive about 3 behavioral questions. The behavioral questions were compounded with two or more questions that could usually be seen in a typical interviews. "Tell me about a time when you inspired your team mates or friends to get something done, what method did you use and how was the result at the end?"

The interview was on Friday, and I heard back from the recruiter on the following Monday for an office visit. The office visit was on the same week Thursday and Friday. Booked a hotel for a night, all provided by the firm, and went to a Pre-dinner. Pre-dinner was very casual setting with associates and other candidates plus recruiters. Evaluation seemed to be still going on. The next day, second interview was held in the office with two Directors in Tax, and the interview overall was very conversational. They seemed like they want to see your personality via how you answer questions or ask questions to them as well as the enthusiasm towards the firm and the industry. Lunch with staff, associates, and other candidates was followed right after the second interview. After about a week, I received the offer.

Overall, interview process was very enjoyable and informative. Very smooth, fast, and all the associates and talent group team were nice and friendly. It was a great experience and I would like to say Deloitte really tries hard to make everything mutually beneficial. They provide opportunities for them to get to know you and they want you to get to know them as well through all the interview process and interaction with their people.

Hope it helps, and good luck to you all.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you inspired your team mates or friends to get something done, what method did you use and how as the result at the end?"   Answer Question

Tax Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2015.

Interview

First round interviews were at school during recruitment season. Second round were at the Deloitte office. Consisted of an office tour, lunch at a nearby restaurant with two employees with 1-2 years experiences, 4 interviews with managers and the director and a social at a nearby restaurant all in the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Conducted back to back 60 min campus interview, and was invited to the office visit the week following the campus interview, interviewed with two managers, one partner in the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, the partner basically let me ask all the questions. In the second interview, it is more conversational.   Answer Question