Deloitte Tax Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Tax Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

The first interview was on campus with two senior managers. There were about 10-12 other students interviewing at my school the same day. The second interview was in the office with about 30-40 interviewees. Some were students and some were post-grad who were still looking for FT work. We ate breakfast and played tax return trivia. After trivia, the group was split up into 2 different groups, probably because of the gigantic size. The first group did one-on-one interviews with three partners, and the second group stayed back and played games with the two recruiters. The games included throwing sticky eyeballs at the windows. Then the groups switched. After the interviews, interviewees and associates went to lunch in groups of 8-10. After lunch, we had free time for a couple of hours, and then we all met at an off-site location for more socializing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Tax Consultant Interview

Interview

Was hired through on-campus recruiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through my law school's Career Services office and had an initial 30 minute 1:1 interview with a recruiting partner, where he asked the basic personality questions and we went through my resume. I got a call back from the recruiter 4 days later and set up an office visit where I met with 1 Partner, 1 Director, and 2 Managers in 1:1 interviews lasting 30-45 minutes each. That interview day lasted about 3 hours start to finish, and in addition to the personality questions we talked about the particular office and how I would contribute to the group. 1 week after that I had a final round interview with a Senior Partner that lasted about an hour and a half and was a thorough review of my resume as well as a discussion of my long and short term career goals. 8 days later I received a formal offer. Start to finish the process took about 7 weeks and while stressful, was not complicated whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long and repetitive online application process.
    Interviews were great. Met with interviewers separately, and it was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• It was a very casual (get to know you) kind of interview, so nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I interviewed with Deloitte in two stages - the first was an interview with a Tax Partner in the last week of January 2013. We essentially went through my resume, past work experience, education, and volunteer activities in a half hour long interview. I received a call back four days later that the company wanted a second interview, this time in the office with the group with whom I would be working. This followup interview took place in the first week of March 2013, at which point I interviewed with one Tax Partner, one Tax Director, and two Tax Senior Managers. The interviews were split up into four one-on-one sessions of 30 minutes each. This round of interviews was unlike the first, in that the interview questions were largely behavioral in nature. It seemed that at this stage the interviewers wanted to get a sense of whether or not I would be a good fit not only with the larger firm, but with the smaller group as well. One week after this round, I had a meeting with one more Tax Partner who wanted to sit down since he was out of the office during my second round of interviews, and this interview covered not only the same behavioral questions as before, but also some technical questions into past research and experience. Six days after this interview, the last Tax Partner called me to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were wrong. What happened and what did you do to remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward. I received an offer that was better than I expected and that was higher than the offers I had heard from colleagues at other firms were getting with similar education credentials and experience. All I really had to do was accept and negotiate a starting date.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

campus interview: team work; leadership; challenge; difficult supervisor/customer;

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. There were two rounds of interviews, both have two 30 minutes interviews with senior managers and partner. You know the result of the first round interview at the evening of that day and got the second interview the next day of it. There were all behavioral questions.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through campus career center. Made it through the first round and got cut off in the second round. Back to back 1 hour interview. They make decisions real quick. After the first round I got a call for the second round a few hours later. The interview was very conversational. It's more about getting to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time listened to others and met their expectations.
      Tell me about a time you get additional information from others and that information changed your mind   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Seamless interview process - enjoyed it very much. This is an opportunity to meet the team - people from all levels. Relax, and look forward to getting to know them - be interested in them, and they will be interested in you. Be prepared with insightful questions, they will appreciate it. Plus, preparation will open opportunities to have great conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had uncooperative teammates. How did you handle the situation, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Interview

applied through deloitte website. Whole process took 4+weeks. After applying online, I received a call from a recruiter. Pretty basic questions about the work experience, background, current company and why you wanna change. Scheduled an onsite right after the call. 2 weeks later on Monday flew to the city I applied. 1 mgr, 2 partners, total 3 one on one interview. All conversational, basically introducing the team and service they provided, and waiting for me to ask them questions. 30 mins for each interview. no interval between each interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, no behavior question, just normal conversation. Be sure to lead the conversation to where you wanna go. Trying to find commons things in your own experience based on their words.   1 Answer

Negotiation

above avg salary, no negotiation space