Deloitte Tax Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Tax Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Started out with the phone interview with HR and then was told to talk to the M&E leader over the phone & later the two senior managers of the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard or out of the box. All basic questions   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Went on a campus interview. The interviewer was talkative. Not much resume stuff covered. We discussed about the people and how people matters at Deloitte. Overall, the conversation went smoothly. Before I went into the interview room, I met with some alumni in the waiting room. Remember that you are being watched at the moment when you step into the waiting room. So act well, shake hands with professionals, talk with them appropriately. Try to let them remember you.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed through campus and the whole process was one month.
    First round interview was on-campus. Two back-to-back interviews. The interviewer are managers and they were friendly. One is behavior and the other is technical. Behavior one is pretty simple and conversational, just normal questions like why our firm, why tax and goes through the resume. Technical one tests your understanding of the job position and gives out a quick case. You only need to prepare some background knowledge, basic concepts about you are about to do. They did NOT expect you to know everything and the correct answers. Ask questions and interviewer is happy to help. Also test Math with simple algebra and geometry (middle school level, take it easy)
    A week later, got a phone invitation to the on-site interview, which was a little intense, but very organized. First took some tests in writing and Math. Math is difficult to me, but everyone thought the same. Writing tested your basic knowledge and was easy. Then a sale pitch and an interview with partners. People there were very nice and helpful. After lunch, we had a case study in group. We got a 10-page case study and discussed it in groups. Made slides and presented to the staff. They raised sharp questions but it was part of the test. Try best to think and speak aloud, no need to worry. Got a happy hour afterwards and talked to everyone. Very valuable and unique experience!

Interview Questions

• Why us? Why tax? Hobbies? Your weakness? Difficult time in teamwork? Plan in 5-year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On site interview at Deloitte's NYC office. Two rounds of 1:1 interviews with one director and one partner. A reception lunch after interviews. People are friendly. The interview with the partner was very casual. Basually he wanted to see your personality and why I want to work as a tax consultant at Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• How do you engage yourself in school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole process was very collegial. I first did a video interview. It had a minor tech hiccup, but the interviewer was patient. After, it was the second round interview. I flew in and met with a partner, managing director, and a buddy. I was really impressed with the firm, and I could get a sense of how the firm operates.

Interview Questions

• No case interview was involved. Probably will classify as a behavioral interview, but nonetheless, it was a sit down and talk over the basics. They were evaluating me, while I was constantly checking whether the firm is a good fit for me as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Deloitte offers many great learning opportunities with individuals who are talented and driven, and they really invest time and effort into their employees so it definitely seems that deloitte promote upward mobility in your career. Very conversational. The interviewer very friendly and talkative, but I felt like I couldn't contribute much to the interview because he kept talking a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round was on campus, and the second round will be in the office. If we pass the first round, they will notify us of the information for the second interview. I was contacted 1 week after the first round that I got accepted to the second round. I flew to San Francisco office, and stay there for a night. All the people I met are friendly and welcoming, I would recommend to apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of behavioral questions like leadership and communication abilities as well as conflict management. It would be a good idea to review behavioral questions before attending the interview(s).   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On Campus Interview, basic behavior questions. Start from briefly describing highlights on the resume. The interviewer did a thorough preparation before the interview with all the details of my experiences on the resume. Some of the questions were more detailed than my expectation and it was stressful to see that the interviewer made a long list of question about my experience. He led the conversation in his interpretation of my experience but did not follow my design of the storyline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an in office interview. Overall not too lengthy of a process, it took about a month in total. I spoke with about 4-5 different employees including partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something I need to know about you that's not on your resume?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First round on campus; second round at office. They paid for all the traveling expense. Arrived one day prior to the interview for pre-night. Heard back in approximately two weeks.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time that you handled a challenging situation.   Answer Question