Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. Staffs were very supportive, saying that the process was only to check your fit for the company. At the end I was advised that maybe there's a better fit for me at other department. It's like they really cared about students and Deloitte's culture. There would be a second round on site, also very conversational.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience. All the interviewers were extremely friendly and supportive.

After initial resume filtering, I had two days of back-to-back interviews.
    Round 1: 30 mins Case + 30 mins Behavioral round
    Round 2: 30 mins Case + 30 mins Behavioral round

Also, I had an additional round of telephonic interview with the engagement director.

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were resume based and personal experience.

More like explain this technology to a layman.

Did you have an experience where you did not have any requirements, but had to deliver a product.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had my first 2 interviews on the phone with a Sr. Manager and the second one with a Director. They were very polite and made me feel very comfortable. Didn't feel like I was talk to people at such high post.
    Next round was on site at the Rockefeller Center. Again had another round with (different) Sr. Manager and Director. I was thoroughly impressed with both of them. they both made sure I was comfortable and my nervousness went away in no time.
    Great experience

NOTE:
    Make sure you know your profile well enough and also work on your communications skills. Most of the work is done there itself.

If asked what position you prefer : ALWAYS SAY THE ONE YOU HAVE APPLIED TO. NEVER SAY, I WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE OTHER ONE TOO.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic. I guess they want to see if your a all rounder and no a nerd. They want smart people.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First was an HR phone screening interview. This was followed by a phone interview round consisting of 1 behavioral & 1 case study. Final round was onsite and it also consisted of 1 behavioral & 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Review the sample case study questions on the Deloitte website. Case studies were very similar to those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter said they don't negotiate, so I didn't push for anything, but I was already very happy with the amount offered so I didn't feel the need to.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got call from recruiter after around 2 months. Got 1 phone technical screening, then 1 face to face interview in their McLean VA office. I got offer on Tuesday and after 15-16 days I got my written offer letter. My joining date was Feb 15, but they asked me to not to put on papers with my current employer yet. Now today they informed me that my joining date is being pushed to June now.
    They are saying its been done for whole practice, but I dont see any such evidences. Not sure what is going on there. Now I am worried after accepting their offer.

Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university and was invited to interview. Had two thirty minute interviews back to back in one day. First interview was with a partner which was mostly behavioral. The interviewer was very nice and the human resources persons receiving us were nice too, some of them were alumni. The second interviewer was on the team I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Onsite interview at a job fair. Managers are the interviewers. First, I met with a Greater. Be sure to treat them nice. She led me to two 30 mins interviews back to back. Had a 10 mins break in between. The interview was kind of intense. They were all behavioral in nature. After the interview, we were free to go. We were also invited to a breakfast the next day morning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter. Then about a month later a different recruiter called me and I had an initial phone interview. I was then invited to a in person interview later that week. The in person interview was three 30 minute interviews. Two were with senior consultants/manager and the third was with a principal. My recruiter called me later that day to tell me I got the job. I interviewed on Thursday, and I received my written offer Monday morning.

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then they brought me in for 3 in person interviews in one day. One technical, one behavioral, and I can't remember the last one. Each interview was with a different person, depending on the role you were interviewing for. There were others there with you interviewing for the same role.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.
    Had an initial phone conversation with the HR where she asked about my background, skills, current role, compensation etc. Took about two weeks for the phone screen with a Senior Manager. The phone interview went well, lasted for 30 minutes - mostly questions around my skill set, roles, experience.

I was given three options for the next round of interviews at an onsite Deloitte location - opted for one closer to my base location. The onsite interview consisted of three rounds - first one was behavioral with a Director, second was technology oriented was with s specialist and third was a case interview.
    The first interview went very well for me, mostly conversational and a pleasant one. The key is to be relaxed and to have an honest conversation without trying too hard.

The second round was a bit tough as I was asked questions outside my area of expertise but I guess that is not unexpected. I tried to answer the questions best I could and the ones I had no clue about I just responded saying I don't know instead of beating around and wasting time.

The case interview was with a wonderful lady who was very pleasant and at once made you feel comfortable. The case was about a real estate company who owned several housing properties but did not have a consolidated system to store its property and renter information. The answer was a combination of master data management and data warehousing solution. The interviewer helped me throughout the process prompting and dropping hints. The key is not to give the perfect solution but to be able to understand the problem, work on an approach and grasp the hints that are passed on.

I felt the interviews went okay, although I could have done better so I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from the HR confirming the offer. I guess staying positive and being confident helped my case.
    There was a delay in getting the offer letter though - took almost 3 weeks. Currently in the new hire on-boarding process, visa transfer etc. so it is going to be a while before I can join. The on-boarding process in my opinion is a drag and does get frustrating at times.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - How do you manage your personal and professional time? Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since my interviews weren't as great so I did not feel negotiation would help my case, was just glad to land the offer.