Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter. Then about a month later a different recruiter called me and I had an initial phone interview. I was then invited to a in person interview later that week. The in person interview was three 30 minute interviews. Two were with senior consultants/manager and the third was with a principal. My recruiter called me later that day to tell me I got the job. I interviewed on Thursday, and I received my written offer Monday morning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.
    Had an initial phone conversation with the HR where she asked about my background, skills, current role, compensation etc. Took about two weeks for the phone screen with a Senior Manager. The phone interview went well, lasted for 30 minutes - mostly questions around my skill set, roles, experience.

I was given three options for the next round of interviews at an onsite Deloitte location - opted for one closer to my base location. The onsite interview consisted of three rounds - first one was behavioral with a Director, second was technology oriented was with s specialist and third was a case interview.
    The first interview went very well for me, mostly conversational and a pleasant one. The key is to be relaxed and to have an honest conversation without trying too hard.

The second round was a bit tough as I was asked questions outside my area of expertise but I guess that is not unexpected. I tried to answer the questions best I could and the ones I had no clue about I just responded saying I don't know instead of beating around and wasting time.

The case interview was with a wonderful lady who was very pleasant and at once made you feel comfortable. The case was about a real estate company who owned several housing properties but did not have a consolidated system to store its property and renter information. The answer was a combination of master data management and data warehousing solution. The interviewer helped me throughout the process prompting and dropping hints. The key is not to give the perfect solution but to be able to understand the problem, work on an approach and grasp the hints that are passed on.

I felt the interviews went okay, although I could have done better so I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from the HR confirming the offer. I guess staying positive and being confident helped my case.
    There was a delay in getting the offer letter though - took almost 3 weeks. Currently in the new hire on-boarding process, visa transfer etc. so it is going to be a while before I can join. The on-boarding process in my opinion is a drag and does get frustrating at times.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - How do you manage your personal and professional time? Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since my interviews weren't as great so I did not feel negotiation would help my case, was just glad to land the offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Each candidate must go through 3 rounds of interviews(case, behavioral, technology) interviews. People cannot study for the case interview since they are current questions. Behavioral, people should answer about who they are not what they want to be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Will offer lower pay scale

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was relatively simple. With greater stress on the behavioral questions. Went through 2 rounds, each round involving talking to 3 people, 1 case study per round. The interviewers were friendly and personable for the most part. Having an earnest conversation helps, it helps to treat it like a good conversation that you are genuinely interested in rather than have to go through the strict question/answer regimen of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected questions. The case studies are different from S&O cases, so make sure you go through the cases on the website meant specifically for Deloitte technology applicants.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then they brought me in for 3 in person interviews in one day. One technical, one behavioral, and I can't remember the last one. Each interview was with a different person, depending on the role you were interviewing for. There were others there with you interviewing for the same role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Urbana, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I got a campus interview but did not get into second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round was behavioral and second was a case interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I came in as an experienced hire, with three years of experience from another consulting firm. I was an interview through a referral from a past manager.
    Round 1: HR screening. (1) Walk me through your resume (2) Behavior questions (Tell me about a time you worked on a team etc.)
    Round 2: Technical interview: I think I got lucky here, because my interviewer was traveling so we only spoke for 15 minutes where he just asked me what past projects I had worked on and what I liked about them
    Round 3: In Office: (Round 1): Meeting with a Manager -- behavioral questions. (Round 2) Case -- A company has purchased another company, what would be the steps required in an IT consolidation. (Round 3): Meeting with the Partner -- more of a airport test

Interview Questions

• I got lucky with the technical interview portion, not sure what they would have asked. For the case, just walk through the various steps in an IT implementation. Planning phase, see the different systems, understand the overlap, either consolidate data or create a new ERP etc. Go through design, build, different levels of testing and then go-live. Discuss user acceptance testing and making sure the business is on board for the IT implementation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for consultants.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

1 hour phone interview (30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case) and then full day on-site with several other candidates a few weeks later. Day included individual case interview, individual behavioral interview and group case interview with 4 other candidates. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful during the process - the atmosphere and great people I met during the second round made me want to be a part of Deloitte. Most enjoyable interview process I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with a Manager and a Senior Manager. Both interviews were very skills assessment / behavioral / fit assessment type interviews. I had three 1:1 interviews:

1. With a Specialist (Manager level) where we mostly talked detailed solution development and technology implementation. Very informal interview centered more around my experiences.
    2. Case Interview with a Senior Manager. Technology case interviews are a little different from regular case interviews.
    3. Informal / Behavioral interview with a Director.

Interview Questions

• There was a specific question about a technology implementation solution in my case interview?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary as I received a 25% raise from my previous salary.