Deloitte Technology Consulting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Technology Consulting Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.6

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in December 2016.

Interview

Recruited by an external recruiter who exclusively has Deloitte as her only client. She prepped me incredibly well from start to finish through every step with questions and scripts.

But be prepared for a very long process. Granted the year-end holidays took place in the middle of my window which likely added an extra 2-3 weeks, but my start date was almost 2 1/2 months from when I was first contacted.

After passing the initial 1 hour phone screen with the recruiter, a week later I then had a 1 hour phone technical screen with a Sr Mgr who asked relevant questions related to my area of expertise.

Feedback I received was positive, however to move forward they wanted to slot me into Mgr grade level rather than Sr. Mgr which was my title at last job with a Big 6 global consulting IT company. Salary the same within a few K.

Being sold on the idea that it was a great opportunity (i.e. Deloitte) and told if I progress and prove myself in year 1 I would then advance to Sr Mgr by year 2 I gave my recruiter the green light to take next steps.

A few weeks later I was flown to Houston for a 3 hour interview window with a partner and Sr Mgr (face to face) and a Skype session with a different Sr Mgr. All interviews were 1:1 (no panel).

For me, partner was easiest because he was mostly focused on personality and determining if I would fit the Deloitte culture.

Skype Sr Mgr asked situational and behavioral questions to assess my technical background.

F2F Sr Mgr asked situational based questions and covered the business case example.

By the time I landed at my home airport my recruiter called to say I did great. I had a verbal job offer. Unfortunately I then had to wait a full one month until I received the written offer, again knowing the holidays and vacations taken by HR and Hiring Mgrs added about 2-3 weeks to the window.

The wait gave me time to get another written offer with a second company, likely helping me get my sign on bonus doubled from $10k to $20k

Interview Questions

• Business case covered a business transformation example and what risk mitigation would I use to get it off on right track.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward with little surprises since my recruiter handled all of it directly with Deloitte, while recruiter and myself were honest and transparent with each other.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Tough, rigorous. Analytical and business skills are assessed. Stress testing also involved. Check for culture fit. should be able to demonstrate passion and willingness to take up risks. Should demonstrate with conviction that you are game changer and have a smart acumen to understand business and technology related challenging situations

Interview Questions

• How will you handle communicating a tough message to client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There were multiple phone interviews and a face to face with multiple people in the office. I have also been asked back for another face to face.

Interview Questions

• The three interviewers did three different types of questions, basic consulting skills, technical skills and a scenario.   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Interview

2 calls with a recruiter within 1 week after online application submission, 2 separate phone interviews with senior managers about technical skills. In person interview, 40 minutes each, with a manager (case study), senior manager (technical questions), director (general).

Interview Questions

• Director's question asking "what do you want to do at Deloitte?"   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was with Senior manager, nothing difficult questions such as tell me about yourself, why Deloitte and why consulting, then one day assessment including case studies , role play, written exercise and senior manager interview . The process and interview questions are straight forward , nothing difficult for someone with an experience in the field. After passing all levels and HR mentioned positive feedback , they started to negotiate the salary and position, they asked me for another Partner interview - the latter was not professional at all and very confusing , then HR called after a week said I am rejected for no clear reason.

Interview Questions

• Merger and Acquisition business case and answering questions on how to optimize the cost and improve profitability with examples, senior manager interview was straight forward as well, tell me about yourself and why you want to join   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview was a telephone interview with HR. Very professional, basically just confirming information on resume and experience.
    Second interview was suppose to be in-person at Deloitte's Toronto office but the hiring manager (Sr. Manager) changed to phone interview because the hiring manager decided to work from home that day. I received the phone call 2 hours before the scheduled interview time. The interview started off with the hiring manager describing the position and for most of the interview was talking about herself. She received a phone call and took the call, otherwise she would have probably went on and on. While waiting for 10 mins, I made a decision that I will not be working for Deloitte. Her excuse for taking the phone call was a Partner had called. After her phone call she asked me a couple of case questions and processes. I answered in great details for her. Out of 45 minutes, I probably talked for no more than 15 mins. The day after the interview I called Deloitte's HR rep and told her I had another job offer elsewhere. Reviews from others about lack of professionalism in Deloitte is so true.

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview

It was a normal interview with normal questions. No surprises. Alll general questiosns. Asked about my background and experiences. Asked about hobbies, community service and other general questions.