Deloitte Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.2

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Numerical / Logical / Siturational testing followed by in person interview. The overall process took around 4 weeks and was pretty simple. Applied for a summer placement in the Risk Analytics team, was declined due to not having proficiency in a programming language. Overall the experience was pleasant & people nice.

Compliance Centre Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a Phone Interview and was told that HR will get back to me. It has been a month, never heard from anyone.
    Last time I applied in December, I didn't get any reply even I had a successful Phone Interview as well as Computer Assessment..... The process took about 2-3 months.
    My advice, stay away from them. They are time wasters - Avoid!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone interview went well and they were interested in getting me in to interview in person. A followup call happened soon after, though, and a lot of questions revolved around my current "situation", basically trying to assertion my age and relationship status. I heard later that I was no longer being considered because there were people with more experience. I have 7 years of experience and it was an entry level job. I can't help but think I was discriminated against because they think I want to start a family soon, which I don't, but I assume they think I do. I won't be applying to anymore jobs at Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Let me get this straight. I applied for the position to work at Deloitte and HR contacted me about a potential interview around 25+ days after sending my application. During this time, I had 2 offers for work available elsewhere. After receiving contact from HR about the interview, I replied instantly. However, I waited around a further 7 days to get a reply back confirming my phone interview despite sending 3 emails asking about the progress of my interview time. The time scheduled for the interview was 8 days following the email confirmation. I decided to prepare for the interview everyday since Deloitte was where I wanted to work. What was puzzling was the email I received 3 days after my phone interview confirmation email telling me the position had been closed/filled. This appeared to be a preset email, and as it was not sent by the same HR employee who told me of my phone interview, I considered this email was sent by mistake and continued my preparation. I scheduled a day off from my current employer to ensure I would be available for the phone interview, but I received no phone call. I decided to send 3 emails to ask what happened and if a rescheduled time could be provided. After the 3rd email, I ended up with a reply instantly telling me that the email I received from another HR employee was confirmation that the interview was cancelled. How was I supposed to know that the email I received was for me when it was not sent by the same HR staff who set the interview up? Because of Deloitte's HR department, I lost the chance to work for Deloitte, as well as losing a day's worth of work through my current employer and two job offers because of the lengthy time (more than 2 weeks) to get me set just for a phone interview that never took place. Thank you Deloitte.

Indirect Tax - School Leaver Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The assessment centre started off with a group activity (there were 8 of us) in which we had 35 minutes to come up with ideas to design a website for a client. We were given a briefing which we had 10 minutes to read before this started. Shortly after this, there was a 1:1 interview which lasted about an hour.
    I quite enjoyed the day on the whole - the atmosphere was friendly and more laid back than I was expecting - but the one major downside is that there is no individual feedback if you are unsuccessful at this stage. It is disappointing to get that far through a process and complete the assessment centre, only to then not receive proper feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why indirect tax, why Deloitte, questions about team work and leadership roles in the past, how you go about learning new things etc   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two people interviewed me and they were friendly and comfortable. We spoke about what I do, where I'd be working, what skills I have, what systems they have, the working environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• They gave a question sheet to assess technical ability.   2 Answers

SummerTax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took 2-3 months. Good communication from the firm. After online application and tests, I was invited to an interview and assessment centre with other candidates. The interview was individual, with two company employees, and the group exercise was with 5 other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? (i.e. over another firm)   1 Answer

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via recruitment company. CV screening took 4 weeks at least.
    First stage was paper-based case study and Excel test on computer.
    Second stage was the interview with the director. The interview was CV based starting with questions like "Where did you do your schooling?" and "When did you graduate from university?"

Put "Interview Difficulty" as average due to inappropriate questions asked.

Obviously, I am not of suitable origin and age.
    Not proceeding to the next stage, not interested to work for a company that discriminates by origin or age.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you do your schooling?"
      "When did you graduate from university?"
      etc.
      The above and some other are simply inappropriate.   2 Answers

Risk Advisory Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application process, game-based assessment, first round interview with case study involved and final round interview with presentation involved. First round interview went well, interviewer was engaged while case study was not too bad. Waited three weeks to be told of the outcome although I was told it would take maximum 3 days. Finally, my final interview was scheduled 4 months later, 4 months! Was given a call on a Friday to schedule my final interview for the following Monday, so only had 3 days to prepare. Very considerate of them. Final interview went okay, but midway through the interview I can see my interviewer zoning off with his eyes about to shut (not kidding) when I was answering his questions. Doesn't show much professionalism for a firm that advocates it a lot. Overall experience was okay, but a little glad that I didn't get the job in the end after having gone through the entire application process and experiencing the interview treatment.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte over others?   1 Answer
    • Why Risk Analytics?   1 Answer
    • A time where you were curious.   1 Answer
    • A time where you went all out to accomplish a given task.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Do not recommend.

Applied online for a Java position at Deloitte Digital Edinburgh and was given a technical test.

I finished and send over the test in couple of days and never heard back from them. This was 2 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Asked to complete a technical test and build an event scheduler   1 Answer