Deloitte Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.2

440 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended an Assessment Centre. Initially begun with an icebreaker. Moved on to a group exercise where a group of individuals has to work through a problem and agree on a solution. Next is a case study where candidates individually work through information before providing solutions and recommendations. Finally, candidates will have an interview on experiences and interests, and if successful, another.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

the call interview last for half hour. It was through skype. If you cannot listen to them clearly, they will phone you through mobile. Make sure you know what the daily responsibility of the job would be when you are going to have the interview.

Interview Questions

• They just asked some basic questions to know more about your background such as your current employment status   2 Answers

Negotiation

a very good experience

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Do not recommend.

Applied online for a Java position at Deloitte Digital Edinburgh and was given a technical test.

I finished and send over the test in couple of days and never heard back from them. This was 2 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Asked to complete a technical test and build an event scheduler   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long process that went on for a number of months with large gaps between the interview stages and a lack of communication. Interviews were enjoyable once I got there.

Interview Questions

• They wanted a lot of detail about the different standards used for advisory and reporting. Make yourself fully aware of all the processes for advising on standards, especially the different changes that are being made.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I was invited for an interview with a senior manager. I was given a case to solve and present to the interviewer, I got some competency based interview questions as well. The interviewer took notes when I was talking and there were many pauses. The interview was okay but the travel expenses reimbursement takes ages.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Only communicated via email to arrange interviews which worked for me. First 'interview' was a telephone call but this was not scheduled in - I was called off guard but that was ok as I happened to be on lunch break. They asked simple questions like, why Deloitte? My experience to date and general HR questions such as current salary and salary expectations. First stage face to face with head of department. Was contacted 3 weeks after this to arrange a second stage interview. Second stage consisted of me putting together a presentation on a campaign they had recently launched giving my thoughts on it and how I thought they went about making decisions and any adaptations I would make - presented to head of department and head of agency. Best interview I've ever prepared for - wasn't boring or daunting. Very relaxed. 20 min presentation & 30 min questions afterwards. I heard back following my final stage interview after 3 working days.

Interview Questions

• What is your rationale behind choosing this campaign?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your time?   1 Answer
    • How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a campaign of ours that stood out   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given the salary I originally said I was seeking from the first initial call.

Risk Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of online application, online game, online test and then invitation to an interview. Both interviewers were very friendly and the environment was relaxed.

1) First Round Interview - Included a timed simple case study followed by multiple questions on the study. The interviewer who was a manager then followed to ask me motivational questions on why Deloitte and why Risk. I was also asked to talk about a project in detail.

2) Partner Interview - Presented a 5 minute presentation on a given topic. Was then asked a number of general and motivational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why your degree, why your University?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty terrible. It took 3 months from start to finish. It took 2 weeks for them to give me the outcome from my final interview. I had to chase up. There was a couple of times when I had to chase them up.

I had been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation with a handout to go along with the partner interview. I was not asked to do this and all the time spent preparing on the presentation and handout was wasted.

The partner showed up and seemed like he had somewhere else to be. He made the interview last exactly 30 minutes when the estimated time was an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on Trump?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about Brexit?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about the tax situation with Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • What is the day to day role of tax?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process - only just had partner interview beginning of Feb - initially applied in September.

Every step was a pain in the back side, student recruitment staff were incompetent throughout. Spent the first 3weeks of the application process waiting for them to respond to some queries... when replied back, none fo the questions i asked were answered.
    Every time spoken to them on the phone (nearly 5-10 times), they again lacked proper answers.
    Assessment center was poorly managed, you end up sitting in their dingy student recruitment basement for over an hour 30 to wait after the group exercise... As they did not want to spend money on more than 3 interviewees... so we had to wait for the people in front of us to finish their interview/ case study.

Really poor impression of the firm, the process, the management and the student recruitment team i have met have all been inadequate in comparison to other big four asessments i have been on.

Partner was more clued up, but still do not know if its swayed my opinion about the firm enough...

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Typical day to day. Assessment centre had to speak for 40 minutes on a project you have done, explain from start to finish the process   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

An overly long process taking over 3 months from point of application to actually starting work.

Be aware of being told something you want to hear versus the reality of the role once you start.

Talk to other Deloitte employees if you can to get a better idea of the role before blindly accepting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you would contribute the most to Deloitte?   Answer Question