Deloitte Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.2

505 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Role - Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I attended a fast track day in London. The morning session was with a Senior Manager and began with a case study which included 30mins individual prep followed by 15 mins questions on the information provided. I would strongly recommend not taking too much time making detailed notes as the 30 mins goes by rather quickly! The interview then continues with general competency questions.

I was successful with this first interview and was invited to have an interview with a partner that afternoon. This interview began with a 5 minute presentation I had been given the title of earlier in the week and was followed by a couple of questions related to that presentation. After the presentation I was asked more general career motivation and competency questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

online application - telephone interview by HR - face to face interview with a manager - assessment center - partner interview - offer - accept offer - background checks

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a call with a principle Sourcing Specialist. Talked about my current work, my programming languages choices, notice period, current salary, salary expectation. This is so far my worst experience of an interview or a phone call in general. The interviewer was late and seemed in a hurry. Normally interviewers would explain the role a bit and ask interviewees whether they have any questions about the role, but not this time. In addition, he apparently had little knowledge about the role that we were talking about, since he seemed to think that someone doing postdoc in a statistics department in university won't have a chance to able to handle the data in Deloitte. Certainly I share a big part of the fault here: I should generalise all my skills and my projects so that he can understand me. This is also my only advice to anyone who is applying for the similar role.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your day to day life.
      2. What programming language do you use.
      3. Is your skills subject oriented?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position of senior consultant, coming from a small consultancy in the same area.

I had my first interview with a senior manager. It was supposed to be a director, but he was called away last minute, and rather than cancelling, Deloitte found an alternative.

On the same day as my first interview I was called back for a final partner interview, which was set up for a couple of weeks after.

In the partner interview, I was informally offered the job.

During the interview and on-boarding process I had an assigned member of the recruitment team to contact. He was really useful!!

Interview Questions

• What areas of you skill set do you feel need developing?   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

My interview started with a case study. You're allowed 30 minutes to read through the case study and take notes. Once 30 minutes have gone by, the interviewer will arrive and question you about the case for about 15 minutes. Then you will spend roughly 40 minutes discussing a project which you was involved in.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The entire process took two months. First stage is applying online. Second, play some games which produce a Psychological report. Third stage is to take the online assessments.
    Despite receiving good results for both tests, I got an email saying I would not be advancing to the next stage. 4 days later I got a call saying that actually, they would like to invite me to interview. Thought this was a bit strange but wasn't complaining!
    The first stage interview went really well, my interviewer was very friendly. You are first given 45 minutes to complete two items. One was a case study - write a quick presentation to show how you would address a business issue. Two was a coding test - answer two short logic problems. I presented my answers and was given a 5 minute break then the remainder of first interview was competency based.
    I was then invited to the second interview. You are given a 5 minute presentation to prepare for in a week. I produced a hand out and rehearsed it until I felt confident and prepared.
    This is where everything went downhill. I arrived for my interview and the receptionist (who seemed to be new, but was trying her best) wasn't sure who was interviewing me, or how to get in contact with them. I said I didn't have a name as I was just told to ask for 'Student Recruitment.' Eventually, they were able to contact my recruitment officer - only to find she was on annual leave. I sat for around 30 minutes.
    The first stage interviewer then walked past and later returned to tell me that my Interviewer for today was off sick. I said this was fine and I would be happy to reschedule, however I was told another colleague would conduct it.
    I want to preface this by saying I understand that this interviewer had little warning, last minute and isn't to blame. It was a Friday, and everyone was in casual wear, so he had to conduct the interview in a t-shirt, with no pen or paper. To start, he did not turn on the lights in the room. The wall is made of frosted glass so it wasn't completely dark however it wasn't ideal lighting to deliver a presentation in. (I'm aware I could have asked for the lights to be turned on, but in my defence at this stage I was a bit thrown by all the confusion, and still very nervous ahead of presenting.)
    I completed my presentation, and had been told to expect a Q&A period but this didn't happen, and we didn't really discuss the presentation any further. The interview questions were highly abstract, and not really technical. Ranging from "Do you think Facebook/social media is capable of mind control" to "Tell me about a family member with a quality you admire" I did my best to answer them, and think I did okay considering everything. He wasn't able to answer my questions about the Graduate scheme, but I understood as he was thrown into this. We ended the interview with him saying "I think you would be a very good fit for the company." and I left feeling a bit uncertain, but happy that I had done all I could.
    It was at this stage that I realized the entire interview had lasted for around 25 minutes - including 5 minutes presenting. I was worried, as I had been told to expect 1 hour 30 minutes. I contacted my officer and asked when I could expect to hear back, as I know today did not go as initially planned. (I had asked my interviewer for a turnaround, and he just said Deloitte are known for being slow to get back, but the wait is worth it in order to work here.) I also wanted to let my recruitment officer know that there were some mix ups, just to have it on record.
    I then waited two weeks with no feedback. My recruitment officer was on leave for the first week, when I had sent a couple follow up emails. She then returned on Monday and told me that she would chase up the team. Thursday evening, I received a generic email to say 'I had not been offered a place due to the competitive nature, and that I was welcome to request personal feedback but here are some of the typical reasons'
    I was disappointed, and requested my personal feedback to see where I had gone wrong. However, this was never received - may be due to the fact that my interviewer didn't have pen and paper to make any notes.
    Finally, after no response I decided to send a final email just clarifying the details of what occurred on the day, mostly for record purposes and so that it hopefully won't happen to someone else. I made it clear I didn't hold anyone accountable, but that I was simply disappointed I wasn't able to make use of the full opportunity/time slot and that I also had no feedback to go on, for myself going forward. Again, I received no reply to this email.
    My final impression was that Deloitte UK seem to be quite disjointed, to the point of being disorganized. Their communication is poor and the process itself is highly time consuming. I put a lot of time and work in at every stage and really wanted this job, but that didn't even warrant personalized feedback in the end.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2017.

Interview

The whole process was quicker than expected. Made an application. Had a quick 15-minute phone interview which was quite pleasant. About a week later received an online assessment to do. A week after that I had my face-to-face interview.

I have to say I felt very overwhelmed and I arrived there. The email said there would be 4 candidates, but you are not interviewed together, you simply share the same 'timeslot'. The first round of interviews was an hour long test to see if you have the necessary skills to work in Audit. They then take away your paper, you go back to reception, and then you'll be invited for an interview.

The first interview was a competency-based interview. Luckily as the interviewer is writing as you speak, it takes the nerves off a little as you don't have to maintain constant eye contact. I believe my interview took longer than most, only because I'm a very chatty person.
    The next stage was a little more frightening. Essentially after the first interview, you CAN have an interview with a partner ONLY if your first interview went well. So from my experience, everything you need to mention is in THAT first interview. All the quirks and things that make you unique should be mentioned RIGHT THEN, as essentially the interviewer makes a decision on whether you are fit for the job then. To my very pleasant surprise, I passed the first interview so I had to wait for a partner interview.

From my assumptions, FOR THIS ROLE, this is where the partner talks to you to figure out if you'd be a nice person to work with. They did have my CV on the table but they had already gotten what they want from it, so basically they just want to know about your ideals, your goals, your ambitions, hobbies and the likes. After a very informal conversation that lasted around 10 minutes, my day at the assessment centre was done. They let you know withing 3 days if you've been successful or not.

I received a call two days later telling me the good news, but to get the official offer of employment it had to pass by a few higher-ups so I received that a week or so later.

If there's any help I can give, teamwork questions and problem-solving questions were critical to the interview. Also, do your research about the company and its past, present and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time when you had to work as a team   Answer Question
    • When working towards a deadline, what did you do to make sure you would achieve everything by that set date?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and the interview was competency based on five categories: problem management, management etc
    Most of the interview was also based on my curriculum vitae.
    They also gave me a chance to ask questions after the interview which lasted for close to an hour

Campus Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Fill in online application form. Then 30 min telephone interview. If successful, you will be offered the position a week or so after that. The whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your connections to clubs and societies at your university?
      What is your marketing strategy?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Numerical / Logical / Siturational testing followed by in person interview. The overall process took around 4 weeks and was pretty simple. Applied for a summer placement in the Risk Analytics team, was declined due to not having proficiency in a programming language. Overall the experience was pleasant & people nice.