Deloitte Interview Questions in Virginia | Glassdoor

Deloitte Interview Questions in Virginia

Updated May 16, 2017

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee who gave me a generic PD to apply for. I was contacted by a recruiter within a week. The following week I had a 30 minute screening behavioral interview with my recruiter.
    I then waited for about a month for an in person interview. They brought in around 35 other candidates on the same day. I had three interviews that day.
    1. Technical interview with a senior consultant
    2. Behavioral interview with a partner
    3. Technical/behavioral interview with a manager from a different consulting line.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team if your peers on a project.   1 Answer
    • Which business line within human capital would you prefer to work in?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to present an idea to senior leadership.   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest differentiating strength?   1 Answer
    • What data analysis tools are you comfortable working with?   1 Answer

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through WayUp. I heard back within a month and scheduled my first interview (over video conference) to do the first case interview. I heard back two days later with the second round information. The second round was a behavioral interview with a partner and that was over video conference as well. Basic behavioral questions to gauge your experience. The second round also included a 30 min case interview again. The case interviews were steps of SDLC and how they could be used in a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure PII was not lost in the transfer of information from one database to another?   Answer Question
    • How would you gather requirements for the specific case?   Answer Question

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Began with online application through my school career site and also through the Deloitte jobs site. Received an email of phone interview invitation, about a week later had two 30-minute phone interviews, one case one behavioral. Behavioral questions pretty standard, "tell me about a time when" type things. Make sure to follow up with both phone interviewers i.e. get their names and info, remember something about your conversation or their background so you can send a unique thank you note. Received a second email about a week later inviting me to Blitz round in Rosslyn office. Blitz consisted of two individual case interviews, a team case, a panel with former summer scholars, and a behavioral. Was really great to go meet the team and the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Second Blitz day case asked about how to manage a shift in a veterans health care organization from separate pay/patient info databases into one singular database   1 Answer
    • Team case asked about ABC agency and how to manage a bunch of different non-integrated offices around the world   2 Answers

PROJECT DELIVERY SENIOR ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter which went well. Follow up interview was scheduled the next week with two senior managers who met with me one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What three software tools are necessary for you to complete your job?   2 Answers

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I first had to do a digital interview, which was weird. That consisted of me sitting in front of a computer, dressed like I was going to an in person interview, and answering questions to my built in computer camera. The question pop up on the screen and then they record your response - you get 3 minutes for each response, but you don't have to take that long. The questions were pretty basic, but there were 8 (!) of them, which was more than I expected. I thought I did terribly, but I did get a call for an in person interview. That was with the head of office services and head of administrative services. Again, very typical questions - why do you want to work at Deloitte, what's your biggest strength and weakness, how would you deal with certain situations, etc. I then went in for an interview with the executives the role supported. I had 3 30 minute interviews, and those were totally different. I guess they just want to see your personality, but they hardly asked any questions - I felt like it was more up to me to guide the conversation. It was alright, just very different. SO make sure you have questions prepared to ask! And make sure you know a little bit about the company too. Oh, and you do have to take a Microsoft skills assessment as well as a proofreading assessment. The only one I had a difficult time with was the Outlook test because my current company doesn't use Outlook so I am way out of practice - but I still passed.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the most challenging situations you've faced professionally?   2 Answers

Federal S&O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruited on campus. Received email regarding interview around a week after submitting application. Offered a lot of workshops for case interview help and networking opportunity before the interview. You hear back your result few hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you faced ethical problems   1 Answer

Audit Readiness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screen. Basic questions about audit experience and security clearance. He set up an onsite interview in Arlington, VA. I met with three individuals and different style interviews. One technical interview with a manager who discussed resume and experience, behavior interview with another manager, and a partner about culture. All pretty low stress.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time of dealing with a difficult person? 2. Provide a time of delivering difficult news. 3. Describe how you handled an ambiguous situation.   1 Answer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process was straight forward. Applied via handshake. First round interview on campus with one behavioral and one case interview question. Second round, super day at Deloitte campus. 1 group case, 2 individual cases and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about of time you demonstrated initiative.   1 Answer

Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

Interview

Entire process took about 5 weeks. Applied online through campus recruiting website and was told I had received a first round interview about a week later. First round interview was 2 phone interviews: one behavioral and one case. I was told I had been invited to their second round interview day about a week later. Second round interviews were in their offices in Arlington Virginia. The week before the "Blitz Day" I was put in contact with a current Deloitte employee who helped me prepare for the 2nd round interviews. Blitz day consisted of 1 group case, 2 individual cases and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict. Tell me about a time you had to rely on your team. Why do you want to work for Deloitte? Why do you want to be a Federal Human Capital Summer Scholar?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The Deloitte interviewing process was very streamlined and short. I received a request for a phone screen about one week after submitting my resume and interviewed in-person the following week. I had three rounds of one-on-one interviews with different individuals. The first round was a case interview. During the next two interviews I was asked to talk about different items on my resume and answer a few questions about my experience. The questions were very straightforward; there were no surprises or attempts to throw me off during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team.   1 Answer