Deloitte Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.1

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee who gave me a generic PD to apply for. I was contacted by a recruiter within a week. The following week I had a 30 minute screening behavioral interview with my recruiter.
    I then waited for about a month for an in person interview. They brought in around 35 other candidates on the same day. I had three interviews that day.
    1. Technical interview with a senior consultant
    2. Behavioral interview with a partner
    3. Technical/behavioral interview with a manager from a different consulting line.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team if your peers on a project.   Answer Question
    • Which business line within human capital would you prefer to work in?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to present an idea to senior leadership.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest differentiating strength?   Answer Question
    • What data analysis tools are you comfortable working with?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lexington Park, MD).

Interview

Standard Questions about personal experiences, experience within industry, expectations. Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, their defense and government work is different from their consulting. Was a series of 1:1 interviews with 2-3 people based on their schedule availability. The interviewed in Polo shirts and slacks, so not a stuffy environment.

Interview Questions

• No real questions that I can remember, the interview was more of a feeling out of personality.   1 Answer

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Began with online application through my school career site and also through the Deloitte jobs site. Received an email of phone interview invitation, about a week later had two 30-minute phone interviews, one case one behavioral. Behavioral questions pretty standard, "tell me about a time when" type things. Make sure to follow up with both phone interviewers i.e. get their names and info, remember something about your conversation or their background so you can send a unique thank you note. Received a second email about a week later inviting me to Blitz round in Rosslyn office. Blitz consisted of two individual case interviews, a team case, a panel with former summer scholars, and a behavioral. Was really great to go meet the team and the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Second Blitz day case asked about how to manage a shift in a veterans health care organization from separate pay/patient info databases into one singular database   Answer Question
    • Team case asked about ABC agency and how to manage a bunch of different non-integrated offices around the world   1 Answer

PROJECT DELIVERY SENIOR ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter which went well. Follow up interview was scheduled the next week with two senior managers who met with me one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What three software tools are necessary for you to complete your job?   1 Answer

Federal Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my campus career center in January 2017 after attending an information session and case workshop. Received an on-campus first-round interview in February. Interviewed with 2 upper-level employees for 30 minutes each in separate rooms. One was a case interview. One was a typical behavioral interview. Fairly standard behavioral questions. Both interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk with. Received a call that I did not get an offer for the final round, but was encouraged by the Deloitte recruiter to apply for the full-time equivalent in the fall.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

They conducted on Campus interviews at my school. It was a straight forward interview. It had two-parts the behavioral and the case interview. Everyone was very nice and make your feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are passionate about and draw a diagram to show how your would accomplish it.   Answer Question

Audit Readiness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screen. Basic questions about audit experience and security clearance. He set up an onsite interview in Arlington, VA. I met with three individuals and different style interviews. One technical interview with a manager who discussed resume and experience, behavior interview with another manager, and a partner about culture. All pretty low stress.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time of dealing with a difficult person? 2. Provide a time of delivering difficult news. 3. Describe how you handled an ambiguous situation.   Answer Question

Federal Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two phases: an on-campus interview session consisting of a HC case interview and a behavioral interview, and a "blitz" superday consisting of several interviews. The company's HR is top-notch; they were there to answer any questions and concerns, and even helped set up Skype and phone interviews for me since I was abroad when I interviewed.

The behavioral interviews were very typical; the firm really just wants to get to know you better and why you want to work for them in this particular area. The case interviews are generally thoroughly guided, so you don't feel like you are pitching an idea onto a blank canvas, but rather filling in the blanks.

was an on-campus interview since I attended a target school

Interview Questions

• What does the current political environment mean for the federal consulting practice?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process was straight forward. Applied via handshake. First round interview on campus with one behavioral and one case interview question. Second round, super day at Deloitte campus. 1 group case, 2 individual cases and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about of time you demonstrated initiative.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen then cattle call with hiring managers going from conference room to conference room. Disconnect between interviews an HR. HR described the role, interviewers talked about a role that bore no resemblance to the expectations set up by HR.