Delphi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Controls Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied from company website and got a phone interview. Manager is going through resume and asked details questions. The interview was taken 1 and half hour.

Power Electronics Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphi (Kokomo, IN).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. A standard HR phone screening, a phone interview with a couple engineers, and an onsite interview and tour. All of the interviews were fairly straightforward. A few standard behavior questions to understand your thought process for problem solving, collaborating, communicating, etc. Asked me to run through my resume and explain my career goals and how my experiences and skills would translate or relate to the position. Onsite interview was a panel of engineers, all but one were in a manager type role. The only technical questions were when the current design engineer was speaking with me. Interviews had a conversational relaxed feel.

HR seemed disorganized. It took a few emails before I would get responses. I received a different job offer about a month after my interview with Delphi. I notified them and asked if they could make a decision before my deadline to accept the other offer. They responded saying they could not meet my deadline so I withdrew myself from consideration. I am still waiting for my reimbursement for my expenses to travel to Indiana for the interview. I waited 4 weeks before emailing HR to clarify the status and I was told it would be another 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect the pressure drop across a heat exchanger to increase or decrease if the fluid is switched from water to oil?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Delphi (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter one, recruiter two, hiring manager, phone interview, seem to have a clear idea of their internal process with little open-mindedness to how other companies translate the same internal process.

Interview Questions

• What is your interpretation of conceptual, logical, and physical design.   1 Answer

Perception Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphi (West Pittsburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

the first round is phone interview. mainly go over the resume in great detail, which lasts about 45 minutes. the onsite is in pittsburgh, last about 4 hours. There are 4 round in total. First round is go over the resume in more detail and you need to make presentation, the second round is discussion of open question, the third round is software evaluation, the last round is to talk with director of the department.

Interview Questions

• how to detect corner in point cloud?   1 Answer

Algorithm Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphi (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

3 1-hour sections for this onsite interview. First, interview with manager about your experience and behavioral question. Second, interview with 2 engineers, they will ask technical questions about all your experience on your resume. Be prepared. Questions may be very detailed about concepts. Third, coding challenge, problems are from matlab cody challenge.

Interview Questions

• Manager will ask you about your previous manager, like are you getting along with him. What is the least like thing you want to do during work.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delphi (East Lansing, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Visited them at the our campuses career fair. Got a call for an interview the next day. Really friendly people and enjoyed my interview with them. I made the mistake of choosing to be one of the earliest interviews they had in the morning and ended up not getting to ask some questions due to time restrictions. Overall a great experience.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delphi (Kokomo, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager for about 20-25 min. Then was asked for a interview feedback letter. That was followed by an onsite interview invitation. Interview consisted of questions like take me through your resume, who is the smartest person you know, do you prefer perfect but late or on time but average etc. Was asked about a recommending a solution or should I say asked about "how would you approach this problem". It was based on a live problem they were facing in the factory. Was then taken for a factory tour by the current engineer. A short 10 min discussion with the engineering manager was set-up at the end.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delphi (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I met executives from Delphi at Purdue career fair and I was called for an interview a day after the career fair. The wait period between the interview and final decision was 2 months. The panel consisted of 2 people who would ask you questions. While one person asks the questions the other just looks at your reaction/expression. (Seemed like it)

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral interview question.

Tell us about a time when you were pro-active?   Answer Question

Advanced Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delphi (Warren, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

A talent acquisition specialist contacted me and set up a time to talk with me and find out more about me. After our phone call she sent me a list of various jobs that my fit my credentials and skills to see which positions that I liked. From that point I was able to apply online to the positions that were interesting to me and the talent acquistilon specialist contacted me if the hiring manager wanted to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• With what 3D Modeling Programs do I have experience with?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delphi (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Got a phone interview after two weeks. It was around 45 minutes.
    Generally ask about your resume and willing to travel 50 %. The employer will first take five to ten minutes to describe about their company and what responsibilities are there in the position.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience.

Do you have any precision manufacturing experience ?

Willing to travel, we do lot of travelling.

biggest achievement ?   1 Answer