Delphi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

156 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delphi (Kokomo, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was transparent and fast. All travel arrangements were made and very comfortable. The first round was a phone screen with a panel comprising of the entire team. It lasted around 45 minutes. Nest step was on site for whole day. It had 5 rounds of interview, lunch and a lab tour.

Interview Questions

• Basic analog questions and PMIC questions. Few Sigma Delta ADC discussions. Be clear with RC circuits as well as Inductive loads for several circuits. Make sure to get lots of sleep as interview process is long. Also the people are very friendly and helpful and never make you feel pressured. There is also a lab tour that is very informative.   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied from company website and got a phone interview. Manager is going through resume and asked details questions. The interview was taken 1 and half hour.

Power Electronics Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphi (Kokomo, IN).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. A standard HR phone screening, a phone interview with a couple engineers, and an onsite interview and tour. All of the interviews were fairly straightforward. A few standard behavior questions to understand your thought process for problem solving, collaborating, communicating, etc. Asked me to run through my resume and explain my career goals and how my experiences and skills would translate or relate to the position. Onsite interview was a panel of engineers, all but one were in a manager type role. The only technical questions were when the current design engineer was speaking with me. Interviews had a conversational relaxed feel.

HR seemed disorganized. It took a few emails before I would get responses. I received a different job offer about a month after my interview with Delphi. I notified them and asked if they could make a decision before my deadline to accept the other offer. They responded saying they could not meet my deadline so I withdrew myself from consideration. I am still waiting for my reimbursement for my expenses to travel to Indiana for the interview. I waited 4 weeks before emailing HR to clarify the status and I was told it would be another 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect the pressure drop across a heat exchanger to increase or decrease if the fluid is switched from water to oil?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

long process with a powerpoint to present in front of 5 people. Overall it was good and they are very friendly when interviewing. Expect like 3-5 hours and follow up.

Interview

Interview on Java/j2ee related technologies. High level architecture and workfkows. Oracle is widely used as backend. Will be interviewed by 3 to 4 people. Total interview time may last upto 3 hours.

Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Delphi.

Interview

HR interviews followed by technical interviews. Straightforward behavioral questions with a focus on resume. They asked about project details, internship activities and how I could use this in the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Delphi in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was very interactive and yet very supportive.
    Concepts of pointers and string functions were mostly concentrated.
    It was a telephonic interview with screen sharing facility for testing programming skills.
    Later being called for a F2F interview.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Delphi (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter one, recruiter two, hiring manager, phone interview, seem to have a clear idea of their internal process with little open-mindedness to how other companies translate the same internal process.

Interview Questions

• What is your interpretation of conceptual, logical, and physical design.   1 Answer

Perception Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphi (West Pittsburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

the first round is phone interview. mainly go over the resume in great detail, which lasts about 45 minutes. the onsite is in pittsburgh, last about 4 hours. There are 4 round in total. First round is go over the resume in more detail and you need to make presentation, the second round is discussion of open question, the third round is software evaluation, the last round is to talk with director of the department.

Interview Questions

• how to detect corner in point cloud?   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delphi.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. The interviewer asked what experiences I had and what I wanted out of an internship. He also briefly asked me a few technical questions but the questions were directly related to my experiences.

Algorithm Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delphi (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

3 1-hour sections for this onsite interview. First, interview with manager about your experience and behavioral question. Second, interview with 2 engineers, they will ask technical questions about all your experience on your resume. Be prepared. Questions may be very detailed about concepts. Third, coding challenge, problems are from matlab cody challenge.

Interview Questions

• Manager will ask you about your previous manager, like are you getting along with him. What is the least like thing you want to do during work.   Answer Question