Delta Air Lines Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Mar 25, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions

• Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   256 Answers

Negotiation

None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First time applying: 8/7

Complete First Assessment: 8/7

Second Assessment: they emailed me on 8/17 but it wasn't until either 8/19 or 8/20 that the link actually showed up. Completed 8/19 or 8/20

Invitation to Video Interview:8/21

Complete Video Interview: 8/22 -- In the middle of moving so I swear I couldn't find anything to wear. Hair was pulled back; black blazer; white and black dress shirt; no make up; no jewelry.
    All the questions found on this website. I practiced all my answers but was still nervous, I felt like I stumbled a couple times, kept saying sorry and starting over. Made sure I answered in STAR format. (Google it) Overall I thought I did decently, 7/10. All of laptops were acting funny and the microphone could not be recognized so believe it or not I did the interview on my phone! I felt like my hands were shaking and I worked out my arms the day before so after each question I had to shake them loose and prepare to hold my phone still.

Received Next Steps email: 8/27 and emailed them stating that I had applied for my passport that morning. [It wasn't until they sent me this email my withdrawal button disappeared.]

Received the phone call the next day 8/28 around 12pm; she asked me questions about tattoos, working anytime, if I had my passport. Which I did not have my passport yet but she reassured me it is fine as long as I bring proof that I applied. She also asked which airport was close to me so they could schedule my flight.

3 days later, 8/31, I received my possible interview times email and had to choose out of 8 days & times. I got my first choice (email confirmation came 6 hour later).

Next day, 9/01, received my flight receipt. They pay for your round trip.

Day after they send you a packet of everything you need for the interview. I suggest the Courtyard North/Near the airport. It is right down the road from the HQ, the airport shuttle drops you off across the street from the main gate.

Interview day: You are greeted by the recruitment staff, greet as much FA that you can. I personally DID NOT speak to all of the FAs in the room, to be honest I spoke to the other potential interviees more than the FAs. Just show that you want this to be YOUR CAREER choice and I asked the same question to the ones I spoke to (How long have you been a FA?). Dress the part (I personally wore a black pant suit with a white button down inside, hosiery, and black pumps. No jewelry once again, no makeup just red lipstick, my hair was curled on the top and I recently cut the back and sides) You are broken up into 3 groups: A,B,C. Depending on which group you get you will learn more about Delta, do a reach test, get to ask questions to seasoned FAs, and of course the 1:1 interview. You will have two interviewers and they will ask THE SAME type of questions that were asked on the video interview (STAR method). THE SAME TYPE... just look on other reviews on this website. It helped me soooo much.

The atmosphere is so calming and relaxed. You'll be nervous going in but once you're in the room, most of that nervousness melts away. Like no other interview I've been to.

After 10-15 minutes of waiting they come out and stated some names will be called today and some will find out 7-10 days later. That's It Folks!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

First step: apply, send resume and submit aptitude test. Next step several weeks later, invitation for a video interview. Third step wait for invitation for Face to Face interview at Atlanta headquarters. If you get invited you get 6 interview slots to choose from, about 50 candidates per slot attend a 4 1/2 hours gathering where you are divided into 3 groups, A,B and C, groups rotate to one on two interview with human resources personnel and a flight attendant; another group has introduction and small team task related activity; other group listens to job fair type presentation and asks questions, they are also taken aside to check for height and size restrictions (reach for overhead bin and must be able to fit in smaller jumpseat. Before and after group sessions, it is very social where candidates mingle and talk with each other and many flight attendants . End of day, you sent home and as you leave a few names are called out to return back to main room, those who were called back received conditional job offers. The rest go home!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Ok. I'm giving the scoop. I didn't get selected and I'm not reapplying so I don't care. Lol.

1st when you arrive you are sitting in an area with other candidates and of course you are being watched.. Interact and mingle. Then the HR team and some flight attendants will come down and greet everyone. They will ask you for documents in which you are provided a folder to place them in and then once everyone is done you are taken upstairs to the main room.

2nd. They will have you give them your visitors pass and will replace it with another badge inside of a clear holder..this will have your name and which group you will be in (there are 3 groups A, B, or C). There are 3 segments to the interview..the briefing (like a holding area where you look at a sample schedule and are given info..you can ask questions too..this is also where you are held until called to do the jumpseat and reach test..aka get your "hug" from this nice granny type lady)..then there's the 2on1 interview..an HR person and a FA will interview you in a room and ask 4 questions. That's your time to shine! Then lastly you there is a room where you do the group exercise where you are judged on how you work as a team. This is an important part too. Work with the others but make sure you contribute.

3rd and lastly after all groups have finished the rounds, you sit and watch a video about the history of Delta. This is where they will sneak to see who they are going to pull for CJO. Then after the video you are sent home. If local you go with certain people to be escorted out and if you flew in you go with others who are escorting to the shuttle. You may see some people get pulled aside as you are leaving..that's ok..they just scored the highest points day of. They will tell you that you will hear within 3 to 14 days. Typically a tbnt in 3 days...after the 3 days its safe to say you may get called or emailed with a cjo after they offer them to people who scored the highest on day of f2f. It may take a couple weeks to a month to hear back if you don't get tbnt 3 days after. I have been privy to a few people who recently got a cjo this way.

Remember: Everything is score based..make sure you are polished..ladies..paint your nails (nude, light pink, French tip, or classic red)..or at least a nice clear coat. Red, nice pink, or nude lip. Men..groom yourselves well..if you have facial hair..get it trimmed. No bold colors..I can't stress enough. I know the new uniform reveal has people feeling bold with the eggplant color..don't do it. Black, navy, or gray..these are your best friends.

Overall it was a nice experience..relax and do your thing. Ask questions! Mingle with the FA's and HR team! And smile, smile, smile! Sit straight..no slouching. Again...LOOK THE PART!

I was complimented the whole time on my lip and nail color, answers to questions...so I know I had the juice..just too much for them, LOL. They lost out not picking me but hey I'll land with another airline.. ;)

Its your turn! Are you ready?

Now go shine!

Interview Questions

• Every question in the 2on1 maybe different so just take your time and answer. You can ask them to repeat the question is needed. You can also write it down but you must turn in the paper before leaving the room.   40 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply, video interview, & F2F. I used to think this F2F was an interview; It's more like a personality assessment. Most other jobs I've interviewed with just want to know like a history of experience. If you're a great actor you might can fake it it but most likely you should just be yourself. If you don't fit what Delta wants and you really want it, mold yourself to become better and apply again. If you ever applied to Southwest or flown on them before you'd notice they hire some of the most bubbly over the top individuals I've come across. Clearly you should know if thats your personality or not when applying to Southwest. Delta does the same, but instead of just bubbly I find them to be the most caring & honest individuals. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but really think about who you are as a person.

I've read many post that say airlines only hire young people. I don't think that's correct completely. My logic is yes they may hire more young people but it's not because age but because they know their true personality. Have you ever asked a child under 7 a question and they gave you their honest answer. Now ask the same question to someone 50 I doubt you get the same honest answer. So if you're in a group interview and all the young individuals are being themselves and the older individuals are putting on a facade what do you really think the outcome would be. I may be entirely incorrect but thats my opinion on that topic.

If you've done your homework you know how the F2F day goes. They did change a few things, I liked the changes and no I'm not going to tell you, whats the fun in that lol. I found a post on this site from "Sept 7, 2016" with some really good questions (I reposted them below as well). Practice these questions everyday and you should do fine when it comes to that part unless your answers are just trash. Good luck to you all that have made it that far. See you on the line.

P.S. If you get a hotel in the College Park area like the Holiday Inn, Red Lion, Hilton, Motel 6, etc you can just walk to the headquarters and don't have to Uber. As well there is plenty of food places around. If you live there may the odds ever be in your favor when it comes to traffic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were forced to face "change." What was your response? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in which you made a decision and you took responsibility. What was the situation? How did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were working on a team and one of the members was not doing their part/ pulling their share of the work. How did you respond to the situation? What was the outcome?   14 Answers
    • Describe a time in which you went above and beyond to provide customer service. What was the situation? How did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied 12/31
    Assessment 1/2
    Video Interview 1/5
    F2F Invite 2/16
    So far its been pretty easy just do you research.
    Have my F2F interview in ATL on 3/13 at 12:30pm
    If you are going to the same interview message me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The in person interview was a three step process. It was a great experience and the Delta employees went out of their way to make sure that the candidates were comfortable and relaxed during the process. After the interview they tell us that we will hear back with 7-10 days and that they don't pull anyone aside. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta Airlines   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial App in July, Video interview early September, F2F interview mid November. Second time applying, first time going to F2F.

Video interview was very basic, and not the most open ended/conversational "get to know you" type questions. They very to the point (thought I bombed it!)

F2F was pretty fun, and was happy to make it that far. I have no idea how they make the selection based on our group. Everyone that made it to the F2F was so nice, on point, looked great, smiled and were so much fun to be around. (Got contact info from about 6 people, went out for food and drinks later, was a lot of fun!)

TIPS: If you can answer basic interview questions found all over the web, glassdoor and others, you will do JUST FINE!
    Practice interviewing!!! Get a friend, a mirror, or record yourself on your phone answering questions you find on glassdoor or indeed etc, it REALLY helps, and will help you be more confident and relaxed for the interview.

Have fun! Be genuine, I really loved all the people I met. The f2f is really not hard, just enjoy it
    Yes, they are watching :D And for you conspiracy theorist: I really doubted that they would have the time to have flight attendants monitor me on my flight to Atlanta, especially since not everyone flies in. However, out of all the places for the FA to stand and greet people as they took their seats, she chose MY SEAT! Coincidence?

Personal note, I applied to this job (Delta FA) long before I got the job I have now, (I spent 5 years applying to be a firefighter) and was offered a Job with a major fire department where I live about a month before i got the F2F invite. It's funny how they came at about the same time :D I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to fly to Hotlanta and experience this, I needed to mark it off and not wonder in years to come what could have been.

Please let me know if you have questions about the experience. It really was easy, and unless you hate people, you will do fine.

*Final note: Only a very few are selected out of the very few that make it to the f2f, and I don't know what it is they look for in each person they select (I know, smile mingle etc etc star, smile, star, smile, mingle and star :D). Of course make yourself stand out, but everyone stood out to me, I thought there were so many beautiful faces, smiles and personalities. What I've read other places, those with CJO tend to say things like "well I smiled EXTRA big or REALLY engaged in talking, or I did ___ to get me hired" and this may be true and what gave them the edge, but everyone was going above and beyond, I didn't see anyone that really stood out from the rest. It was like we were all on par, just from different places and different backgrounds. My point is to not take a rejection too hard; of course learn from it, but it may just not be your time, YET!

Good luck, congrats to everyone that makes it. I'll see you here, there, or in the air!

Flight Attendant Bilingual LOD Spanish Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The link was sent to me about a week and a half after I sent in my application. They tell you in the email that you have 3 business days to take the video interview or you will be withdrawn from consideration. In the beginning you will be given the option to do the practice questions. I suggest you do this just to get familiar with how the system works. You want to make sure you know when its recording and how to stop it from recording. All of the questions that I had were questions that were posted here. I was extremely prepared and confident as I got super lucky and every question that I studied was on my video interview. I dressed up and put on makeup with a red lip. I smiled the entire time.
    I have only made it to the online interview but it was extremely easy you just have to study. I will come back with update put about the Spanish portion. I put yes and accepted because there is no button for pending. Much love and luck to you all.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a crew member stealing?
      How would you handle a situation in which two customers were arguing about the seat being back too far?
      Talk about a time you went above and beyond on the job?
      Talk about a time you had to adapt to change?
      What would you do if there were things missing in the inventory but getting them would cause a delay.
      ( These are summed up from my memory )
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on 12/23/17
    Video interview on 1/6/2017
    LOD interview on 1/27/17
    F2F on 3/6/17 @ 7:30 am

It is very nerve wrecking process to go through,
    Assessment tests is long and don't know whether you are answering them right or wrong.
    The whole process took about 2 months to get F2F interview.
    I will post more right after my F2F to share juicy info.
    Good Luck Everyone

Interview Questions

• Is there anyone who is going to F2F on 3/6/17 @ 7:30 am?   10 Answers