Delta Air Lines Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.2

606 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First time applying: 8/7

Complete First Assessment: 8/7

Second Assessment: they emailed me on 8/17 but it wasn't until either 8/19 or 8/20 that the link actually showed up. Completed 8/19 or 8/20

Invitation to Video Interview:8/21

Complete Video Interview: 8/22 -- In the middle of moving so I swear I couldn't find anything to wear. Hair was pulled back; black blazer; white and black dress shirt; no make up; no jewelry.
    All the questions found on this website. I practiced all my answers but was still nervous, I felt like I stumbled a couple times, kept saying sorry and starting over. Made sure I answered in STAR format. (Google it) Overall I thought I did decently, 7/10. All of laptops were acting funny and the microphone could not be recognized so believe it or not I did the interview on my phone! I felt like my hands were shaking and I worked out my arms the day before so after each question I had to shake them loose and prepare to hold my phone still.

Received Next Steps email: 8/27 and emailed them stating that I had applied for my passport that morning. [It wasn't until they sent me this email my withdrawal button disappeared.]

Received the phone call the next day 8/28 around 12pm; she asked me questions about tattoos, working anytime, if I had my passport. Which I did not have my passport yet but she reassured me it is fine as long as I bring proof that I applied. She also asked which airport was close to me so they could schedule my flight.

3 days later, 8/31, I received my possible interview times email and had to choose out of 8 days & times. I got my first choice (email confirmation came 6 hour later).

Next day, 9/01, received my flight receipt. They pay for your round trip.

Day after they send you a packet of everything you need for the interview. I suggest the Courtyard North/Near the airport. It is right down the road from the HQ, the airport shuttle drops you off across the street from the main gate.

Interview day: You are greeted by the recruitment staff, greet as much FA that you can. I personally DID NOT speak to all of the FAs in the room, to be honest I spoke to the other potential interviees more than the FAs. Just show that you want this to be YOUR CAREER choice and I asked the same question to the ones I spoke to (How long have you been a FA?). Dress the part (I personally wore a black pant suit with a white button down inside, hosiery, and black pumps. No jewelry once again, no makeup just red lipstick, my hair was curled on the top and I recently cut the back and sides) You are broken up into 3 groups: A,B,C. Depending on which group you get you will learn more about Delta, do a reach test, get to ask questions to seasoned FAs, and of course the 1:1 interview. You will have two interviewers and they will ask THE SAME type of questions that were asked on the video interview (STAR method). THE SAME TYPE... just look on other reviews on this website. It helped me soooo much.

The atmosphere is so calming and relaxed. You'll be nervous going in but once you're in the room, most of that nervousness melts away. Like no other interview I've been to.

After 10-15 minutes of waiting they come out and stated some names will be called today and some will find out 7-10 days later. That's It Folks!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Hire Vue on-line interview was the first step in the hiring process. A video is sent to your email address and you are given five days to complete the interview. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from the video about the day in a life of a flight attendant that you did not know previously?   1 Answer
    • Why do you believe that you would be an excellent candidate for the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced a situation that went terribly wrong and it could not be corrected and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

1) completed application
    2) completed basic assessment which reviews positions expectations and my ability to meet them
    3) invited to interview on hirevue; completed the basics much like the rest of the applicants. Answered questions in STAR format. Highly recommend reviewing introduction video about the day in the life of a flight attendant; there are a few questions related to it.
    4) completed a phone interview within the same week. They schedule slots in Michigan time zone, so be prepared to pick a time that really suits you.
    5) Scheduled to participate on 10/25 at noon for the in person interviews in Atlanta.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. What was the outcome?   9 Answers

Delta Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

I did the online application, submitted my resume, and then I got sent a invite to do a online interview which was fairly easy. They ask you 6 questions and you must answer them in STAR form. Next I got sent another email for a phone interview. I chose the time and date that worked for me and now I'm waiting for that call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position of a flight attendant?   3 Answers

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There was a STAR or basic behavioral format Interview questions. It lasted about 30 minutes with two employees. The questions were nontechnical. Afterward a tour was provided of the maintenance facility and was given by a current co-op to further answer any questions by the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in that engineering area, why Delta   Answer Question
    • Greatest strength/weakness, working with groups, conflict resolution   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice answered all my questions. Told me what the salary for the first year is. Was also told what the expectations are from Delta to all Flight Attendants.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your were told your uniform is out of compliance   2 Answers

Gate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Delta called and made an appointment, met with Human Resources Dept. and was questioned about background etc. Next step was an appointment with Manager at gates in Atlanta.
    Was hired, starting date given about 3 weeks or more out. LONG process to finally get to the job you applied for, including 3 weeks of classroom instruction and tests.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied 9/6/2017
    I received the email for video interview on 10/17 and completed later that evening after getting home.

The process has been long, but I am waiting, now on information on whether I will advance to the next interview.

When interviewing via video, I wore my hair pulled back in a bun (I am natural and this seemed more professional, for me). I wore red lipstick, stud earrings, and a very simple necklace. I used the wall in my dining area with no art or photos as my background and made sure my apartment was really quiet.

Below, I have attached all but one question, as I forgot what one of them was. I do, however, remember that the question I forgot was one of the practice questions. Have a GREAT elevator pitch (30-60 seconds of selling yourself) for the first question.

Good luck to you all. I hope this works!

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be an excellent candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • From the video you watched before completing this interview, what aspects of becoming a FA surprises, excites, or concerns you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were under pressure. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • The final question simply asks if you would be in compliance with their rules. Yes or No.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

First I filled my application and took the assessment on September 27th. Then I received an email telling me about my Video Interview with HireVue on the 2nd of October. I just scheduled my phone interview. Really excited! I wish everybody luck no matter what step they are in the process!

Interview Questions

• What makes me the ideal candidate for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was amazing! It's my first time interviewing for Delta and I made it to the F2F interview so far. Honestly, the process was not at all hard. I was completely honest with them about my track record and did my research before applying. I was familiar with the STAR format prior to my interview. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for being a Delta flight attendant?   2 Answers