Delta Air Lines Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

On campus 30 min nterview for the first round then the second round is a full day interview on Delta's campus in Atlanta.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the current airline industry news...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Delta alum came to campus prior to winter break for an info session. Applications were due right before the end of the semester and one-on-one phone interviews were held in early January. First-round interview is pretty straightforward. Standard behavioral questions, then a discussion on what you know of/how interested you are in the airline industry. There's a small 'case' that you can't really prepare for, but it's not difficult to answer.

Second-round interviews take place a month and a half later onsite in Atlanta. The entire process starts and ends in one day, so you're up early to be flown in and you're back on the plane by 5PM. The day starts with a presentation, then you have four interviews, some time to talk to a buddy, and you get back on the plane and fly home.

Of the four interviews, one is a more in-depth (and numerical) airline case. One's a review of your resume. The other two are behavioral in nature and have focuses on working in teams and working with data.

I went to Super Day with three other students from my school. None of us received offers or were given any feedback from any of the people we interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• The numerical case is probably much easier than I made it out to be. Before I got to Atlanta, I was told that numbers and calculations aren't part of the interview process. This was not true, so don't take their word for it--prepare ahead of time with word problems and some case prep.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview, with a mini case question involving the airline industry. Was then invited to onsite interviews in Atlanta, and interviewed with four different managers who worked in various departments in the corporate office. Most of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and approachable, and the interviews were most behavioral except for a few "case-type" questions and a mini-written test to gauge your quantitative reasoning skills.

Interview Questions

• A flight from A to B is not as profitable as we would like. What is some of the information you need to know to address this issue, and how would you achieve greater profitability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

First there was a video interview via HireVue. I had not experienced this type of one sided video interview. There are 4 questions, that are written at the top of the screen and each answer is timed. At the onsite interview, met with a panel of three. It was in a relaxed setting, and questions were asked by all three. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle problems/issues? When and how do you notify your supervisor or manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Did three different interviews, two were phone screens and a final face-to-face. All three interviews left a good impression of the company included were questions about my experience and what I could bring to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The Senior Manager was very cordial and explained the need within his department in great detail. He asked key questions to make sure I knew the technical aspects of the position as well as key questions regarding work, life balance.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a manager that neglects to provide you with needed data to complete a critical task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Be prepared to take a behavioral interview with Delta in the form of the S.T.A.R. methodology. Definitely have some examples written down and well rehearsed for any number of typical questions that may come your way.