Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied Online, a day or two a email was sent to me to complete online assessments then a week later a virtual interview, then a month later a face to face interview scheduled this week... wish me luck!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2019.

Interview

Group interview and description of job and benefits. We were then taken for a computer assessment and then a one on one interview. Position offered contingent upon extensive background check and drug screen. The background check was extreme. The company emailed me with question or concerns about 6 times. Finally got the hired email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview took roughly about 3 weeks. After I applied, I didn’t do online assessment, probably because I had done it previously for another location. I received an email after 2 days telling me to look out for their interview dates. The following week, I received another email to schedule an appointment. Upon getting there, they put us all in a room, asked for our names, what connect means to us and the first place we would travel to if hired and they also explained the benefits. After that, we were asked to do a “business communication test”, we were told this is the first time they were using the application. Basically, it tests your speaking, writing, listening and reading skills. After the completion of the test, then we were called for one on one interview. It was about 4 questions asked and there was a mock sales call which was pretty easy and straightforward. Remember to always answer questions in STAR approach.
    S- Situation/Problem
    T- Task
    A- Action
    R- Result
    I received a conditional offer, the offer won’t be permanent until after the training is completed and all requirements are met.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were emphatic of a persons situation .   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your plan or adjust to a situation in a very short period.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a very difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2019.

Interview

They had over 300 people there to interview they were organized. Divided into groups of 10 and was given overview of Delta, took Assessment not hard, then if passed assessment interview with STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• The guy that interviewed me has worked at Delta for 2 years and was from Atlanta he didn't know what he was doing. He straight out lied to me and said I had the job and would get the offer letter in the mail when actually he didn't want to hire me!! I am working with headquarters right now but it does not look good for me!   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2019.

Interview

Applied May 15th
    Received response from Delta May 17th for the assessment
    May 20th Invited to the interview in Dallas
    -The Interview was very chill, laid back although it was a lot of hurry up and wait.
    -Walking in you check in with ID, you are called back in groups and escorted into a room with current employees from all over (They are not assessing you, just informing you about the job/company)
    -You then take a computerized assessment which consists of memorization of information and how well you speak over the phone. (Takes about 30 mins)
    -After you complete that you will be escorted into a large room with other candidates and called one by one for your f2f with a recruiter.
    -All questions are STAR format
    -They WILL offer you the job on the spot if they want you, if you are told you will be contacted in two weeks you probably didn’t get selected.
    -After an offer is made you will receive your drug screen paperwork and you will fill out some information so they can get you in the system.
    -Post offer a few days you will receive an email to start your background check which PLEASE have all your W2’s and anything else because they are very particular about that. They only are verifying your Employment and Criminal history.
    -After you clear background you will get the congratulations email and a recruiter will contact you either by phone or email to confirm your start date!
    GOOD LUCK everyone!

Interview Questions

• Question 1. Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult situation and what did you do to overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2018.

Interview

Group environment for introductions and information about the company then you get called in one by one for a one on one interview. It was a great experience. I applied in July and received a face to face interview in September.

Interview Questions

• Upsale me from coach to first class.   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied on 9/4
    Invited on 9/14 for video interview
    Current under review
    9/26 moved to “archived under review”

4 interview questions

Use The STAR Technique to ace your interview.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were able to sell or influence a customer despite some initial resistance   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to make a decision in a short period without consulting your peers or coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation and you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

I checked their job offers online, and applied online as well.

I received an email to take an assessment test, the next day I received a second email that a recruiter will be in touch.

Within two day I believe, I received an email saying that I needed to complete a digital interview through Hirevue.

The Hirevue process, though a bit awkward to do, is not hard at all. You have to record yourself answering their questions on their website. 4 questions in total if I recall. You also have the option to practicing a round of three questions, with unlimited trials.

The practice questions and the actual questions are different, but similar.

Once the digital interview completed, I believe I received an email saying that I was selected for a face to face interview a week from that email, and I had to choose between three time frames.

I personally picked the earliest one, cause that’s what I usually do.

Got in early to check-in, was given a visitor pass. I believe it was ten of us in total for that time frame, we’re all put in the same room with two employees, chatting.

When everyone arrived, we had to go introduce ourselves: Name, What does the word connect mean to us, and if hired, where would we fly first.

Once everyone went through that circle, we were presented the offer in details, benefits we would get out of it, and we listened to a phone call between a Customer specialist and a customer. Then we were all taken into different rooms for individual interviews. They asked questions about experience related to customer service. And then we had to do a mock phone call.

After the individual interviews were done, we all came back in. The room, chatting with employees about their experience, travels, or other things, while the recruiters debriefed.

After that, five persons were told that their application was completed, and that they could go home, and the remaining people had to stay cause administrative paperwork was still being processed.

Once the people called left, about 10-15 employees walk in the room and congratulated us for getting a conditional job offer upon Background check and Drug test completed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went beyond expectations for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was ok, you have to dress professionally. We were like a group they took us to a conference room and was telling us about all the Delta benefits and how they are respected globally, then later they will come get us one by one for the interview, when we are done, they will escort us back to the room. I and four other people were called and asked to go that we will get a call or email about if we get the job or not. I was really nervous and thought to myself that I wouldn’t get the job but luckily for me, I was called on Friday with a job offer and of course I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult situation? How did you handle it? And what was the end results?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

First I did the recorded interview by phone! I got all dressed up and realized I wouldn’t be videos only recorded talking. But I will say that dressing up definitely makes you feel professional! Then I was invited to interview face to face! They have you get up and introduce yourself to everyone and tell them your name, what connect means to you, and where you would travel on your first flight with Delta. Then you are interviewed separately. Everyone was sooooo nice!!!!! Delta is an amazing company with super caring employees. Do not be afraid. Be yourself and learn about Delta and it’s family oriented culture. And you will do great! Be passionate, loving and kind! Good luck to you all💙