Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied on 9/4
Invited on 9/14 for video interview
Current under review
9/26 moved to “archived under review”

4 interview questions

Use The STAR Technique to ace your interview.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were able to sell or influence a customer despite some initial resistance   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had to make a decision in a short period without consulting your peers or coworkers?   Answer Question
  • Describe a difficult situation and you handled it?   Answer Question
  • Why are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

I checked their job offers online, and applied online as well.

I received an email to take an assessment test, the next day I received a second email that a recruiter will be in touch.

Within two day I believe, I received an email saying that I needed to complete a digital interview through Hirevue.

The Hirevue process, though a bit awkward to do, is not hard at all. You have to record yourself answering their questions on their website. 4 questions in total if I recall. You also have the option to practicing a round of three questions, with unlimited trials.

The practice questions and the actual questions are different, but similar.

Once the digital interview completed, I believe I received an email saying that I was selected for a face to face interview a week from that email, and I had to choose between three time frames.

I personally picked the earliest one, cause that’s what I usually do.

Got in early to check-in, was given a visitor pass. I believe it was ten of us in total for that time frame, we’re all put in the same room with two employees, chatting.

When everyone arrived, we had to go introduce ourselves: Name, What does the word connect mean to us, and if hired, where would we fly first.

Once everyone went through that circle, we were presented the offer in details, benefits we would get out of it, and we listened to a phone call between a Customer specialist and a customer. Then we were all taken into different rooms for individual interviews. They asked questions about experience related to customer service. And then we had to do a mock phone call.

After the individual interviews were done, we all came back in. The room, chatting with employees about their experience, travels, or other things, while the recruiters debriefed.

After that, five persons were told that their application was completed, and that they could go home, and the remaining people had to stay cause administrative paperwork was still being processed.

Once the people called left, about 10-15 employees walk in the room and congratulated us for getting a conditional job offer upon Background check and Drug test completed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went beyond expectations for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was ok, you have to dress professionally. We were like a group they took us to a conference room and was telling us about all the Delta benefits and how they are respected globally, then later they will come get us one by one for the interview, when we are done, they will escort us back to the room. I and four other people were called and asked to go that we will get a call or email about if we get the job or not. I was really nervous and thought to myself that I wouldn’t get the job but luckily for me, I was called on Friday with a job offer and of course I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult situation? How did you handle it? And what was the end results?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

First I did the recorded interview by phone! I got all dressed up and realized I wouldn’t be videos only recorded talking. But I will say that dressing up definitely makes you feel professional! Then I was invited to interview face to face! They have you get up and introduce yourself to everyone and tell them your name, what connect means to you, and where you would travel on your first flight with Delta. Then you are interviewed separately. Everyone was sooooo nice!!!!! Delta is an amazing company with super caring employees. Do not be afraid. Be yourself and learn about Delta and it’s family oriented culture. And you will do great! Be passionate, loving and kind! Good luck to you all💙

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

I started the application/assessment process 03/20 and a few days later I got a request to do a video interview utilizing HireVu. I completed the video interview that afternoon and was a bit uncomfortable with the result because my video wouldn't work for some reason. The only thing that worked was the audio. Either way, I couldn't turn back so I answered the questions the best I could despite the technical glitch. Weeks went by and I heard nothing.
    Ironically, on 4/11, as I was checking into a Delta flight I get an email requesting a F2F interview. Immediately I reviewed my schedule and booked a time slot because I heard the slots fill up fast! So now my F2F is on Monday and I am excited/nervous. The last review on here for this particular position was in October 2017. Is there anyone else out here who has gone through the whole process recently?

Interview Questions

• *HireVu* Name a time you had to meet a deadline:   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer:   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2018.

Interview

Applied for position and then a week later I got an email to do the video interview. Make sure you do it as soon as you receive the email. Then 2 weeks later I received a face to face interview. Everyone was really friendly. Just be yourself and be confident. The person who interviewed me was a laid back and so I felt comfortable and relaxed. Remember to answer questions using the STAR Method and answer questions thoroughly. You will also be asked to sell.

Interview Questions

• 1. What’s your name?
      2. What does connect mean to you? 3.Where would you fly first if hired?
      4. Why do you want to work for Delta?
      5. Tell me about a time where you were empathetic of a persons situation.
      6. Tell me about a time where you had to change your plan last minute and adjust or adapt to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2018.

Interview

Group environment for introductions and information about the company then you get called in one by one for a one on one interview. It was a great experience. I applied in July and received a face to face interview in September.

Interview Questions

• Upsale me from coach to first class.   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2019.

Interview

Video interview with HireView. You were ask a series of 4 questions. You had time to practice and record answers before submitting. You were not contacted by Delta. The interview process was done completely by a third party and on line. You did not speak or interview with anyone face to face.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time we’re you had to upsell a product or service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was really quick and easy. After applying and doing required online assessments I was offered a digital interview with HireVue. I had never had this type of interview, but basically they ask you 4 behavior questions and you need to record your responses. You're given 30 seconds to come up with a response and 2 minutes to record it. About a week later I received an email inviting me to an on site interview in 2 days.

Went to the group interview and hiring managers were very nice and it was a great friendly relaxed environment. Bottled water and snacks were provided. To start everyone had to go the room and introduce themselves and describe what the word "connect" means to them. They also wanted to know where you would go on your first free flight if hired.

We watched some videos and they answered questions as the hiring managers and leads starting pulling applicants 1 by 1 for a mock phone call and your 4 or 5 question STAR format interview. Very easy and managers were very nice.

After the interview we all returned to the room and were offered positions contingent on criminal background and drug screen. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you recognized a problem, what the problem was.............etc. All STAR format questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2016.

Interview

2 days after completing application and all required assessments, I received a HireVue online interview invitation. The online interview consists of 4 questions and is audio only. You only get one chance at each question.

TIP: You can log in as many times as you need and it will take you right back where you left off. If you can listen to the question and then immediately close the tab. Then type out your answer, log back in, and read it off.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a situation where you had to remain composed and positive. What did you do to handle it, and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question
    • 2. Tell me about a time that you had a deadline to meet. How long did it take you to meet the deadline, and then move on to the next one?   Answer Question
    • 3. Describe a decision you had to make that you were unable to ask you peers for advice. What did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • 4. Describe a time when you had to meet a goal   Answer Question