Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

2.9

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2019.

Interview

Video interview with HireView. You were ask a series of 4 questions. You had time to practice and record answers before submitting. You were not contacted by Delta. The interview process was done completely by a third party and on line. You did not speak or interview with anyone face to face.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time we’re you had to upsell a product or service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online 2 weeks later got an email to do a digital interview next day I got a call to do a f2f interview. Came in on a Monday picked a later time. I arrived got a badge and escorted to room and chatted with some of the people. They did a presentation on benefits and so on. We all got a one on one interview. After I got sent home with 4 other people. They said they’ll call but I don’t think I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What does connect mean?
      Where would you travel first if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

I started the application/assessment process 03/20 and a few days later I got a request to do a video interview utilizing HireVu. I completed the video interview that afternoon and was a bit uncomfortable with the result because my video wouldn't work for some reason. The only thing that worked was the audio. Either way, I couldn't turn back so I answered the questions the best I could despite the technical glitch. Weeks went by and I heard nothing.
    Ironically, on 4/11, as I was checking into a Delta flight I get an email requesting a F2F interview. Immediately I reviewed my schedule and booked a time slot because I heard the slots fill up fast! So now my F2F is on Monday and I am excited/nervous. The last review on here for this particular position was in October 2017. Is there anyone else out here who has gone through the whole process recently?

Interview Questions

• *HireVu* Name a time you had to meet a deadline:   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer:   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in April 2018.

Interview

Applied for position and then a week later I got an email to do the video interview. Make sure you do it as soon as you receive the email. Then 2 weeks later I received a face to face interview. Everyone was really friendly. Just be yourself and be confident. The person who interviewed me was a laid back and so I felt comfortable and relaxed. Remember to answer questions using the STAR Method and answer questions thoroughly. You will also be asked to sell.

Interview Questions

• 1. What’s your name?
      2. What does connect mean to you? 3.Where would you fly first if hired?
      4. Why do you want to work for Delta?
      5. Tell me about a time where you were empathetic of a persons situation.
      6. Tell me about a time where you had to change your plan last minute and adjust or adapt to the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a family member. I filled out the application and a questionnaire. I then did an interview online. It was nerve wracking but not terrible. I was eventually scheduled for an in person interview that they canceled due to weather. I emailed them several times but eventually received a “position filled” email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview - Blank screen. You see a recorded individual ask a question, then the screen goes dark and you answer it. The request to do the interview came quickly after I submitted the application. I received an email saying I would be receiving another one, but it never came. I tried to contact the department that sent the emails but did not get a reply. My application status consistently said Under Review. Finally, after almost one month, I received a "thanks but no thanks". It was frustrating because I feel the process was incomplete, however, I could not get any response from the airline.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were sales related, behavioral interview questions. You were asked to give examples with each one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

1) you had to apply by submitting your resume which you could not edit after submitting
    2) did an online assessment
    3)filled out application after passing online assessment with the last 10 years of work and address history
    4) did a recorded hirevue interview wit 4 STAR questions
    5) got an invite for a F2F interview. There was 12 of us in a room which we had to each introduce ourselves and tell them what the word "connect" meant to you and also the first place you would fly to if you got the job. after that we were called back individually to do one on one sales skit and then was called by another interviewer to do one on one interview which consisted of 4 STAR format questions which is best to tell them about experiences you had on the job. when everyone was done with their interview we all met back in the conference room where they sent home some that would hear from them within 2 weeks and kept two of us which were offered conditional positions right then. after the drug test and background check comes back then an offer will be made with no conditions. I am very excited because Delta has been somewhere I always wanted to work and now this is just the beginning of building a career with them. Glassdoor helped me out big tima and the type of questions they asked can be found on here. Just really prepare yourself and even if you are nervous just be confident. : )

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Because it is such a great company to work for, it is a long, arduous process. You apply on line, then take the assessment - if you do well with that, they will ask you to fill out the long application. From there they will ask you to do an audio interview. And if you pass that, they will schedule you for a face to face interview. I had that done last week - was offered a conditional job offer at the end and now just waiting for all of the drug and background testing to be completed.

Interview Questions

• There is more than one part to the interview but count on it being based on the STAR method. If you are prepared, it should go well.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chisholm, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Chisholm, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Completed online application which consisted of contact information, personality test, and a basic work application. Was emailed a few days later to complete on online interview on Hirevue, which consisted of four question. All four of these questions took under 5 minutes to complete. Was then called about 5 days later and invited to a face to face interview. The face to face interview had me and 6 other applicants attending where we started by introducing ourselves, asked what "connect means to you" and where you would fly first if hired. The managers/leads then introduced themselves. We then watched a couple videos and slideshow about job details. The managers then answered any questions up to this point. I was then taken by a manager to a room to do a mock phone call where I was asked to up sell a customer to business class. I was then taken to another room by another manager and asked about 5 questions. They are looking for STAR responses and be detailed and very specific in your answers! I was then taken back to the first room while we waited for the other applicants and managers to arrive. We were all then offered jobs contingent on a drug test and criminal background check. The face to face interview overall took about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had a problem with a customer. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to meet a goal.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you helped a co worker. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you experienced change in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to remain composed and positive.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were unable to ask your peers about a problem.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Interview

It was a very long process. First, you apply through the internet and complete two assessments plus the application. After one week they send you an email for an electronic interview invitation through HireVue. One month after, they sent me an invitation for a face to face interview. The last interview took 4 hours approximately. They are evaluating you since you pass the door. They gather all candidates in a room with plenty of managers and they start to make conversation, you have to break the ice because what they want to see is how you communicate and connect with people you don't know. Then, they ask you to sit down and the formal question starts.