Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Customer Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Initially, candidates are placed in a setting that requires them to introduce themselves to and interact with one another and Delta officials.

Then, candidates are interviewed individually. From there, they return to the group and wait for dismissal or next steps.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   2 Answers
  • Role play a sales call.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I Applied for this position on
    Sept. 10
    Sept .28 I did the assessment test
    And on
    Sept. 30 l did the digital video
    I got a call from Delta on Oct. 7th because she said that my video did not have audio so she gave me the interview on the phone and on
    Oct. 7th the same day I got a ftf interview on October 11th which is tomorrow in Dallas Texas and I am So excited about this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were at work and you had to deal with a unruly customer and what was your approach and what was the ending results.
      Please answer in the Star method   2 Answers
    • Name a time when you had to meet a deadline at work or school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I guess with the number of applicants, group interviews are the best way but I didn't care for it. You really never got to meet your interviewer and it was a rushed processed to get everyone in. They were 25 people in my group and no one was offered a position at the end of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Sept 5th applied
    Sept 8th video interview
    Sept 22nd in person interview

Very easy and relaxed interview. It took about 2 and a half hours in total.

When you arrive you sit in a room with up to 20 people (mine only had 8). I had on a suit and I was the nicest dressed person in the room. I recommend dressing above business casual.

Then a team of about 8 people come in watch you answer 3 questions.
    What is your name?
    What does connect mean to you?
    What would be the first place you would travel?

After everyone has gone they play a video over Delta and explain the job and benefits a little more in detail. They then take a 5 minute break to go to the restroom and then you go to another room and wait to be interviewed individually. They can do either a sales call or a 4 question interview first. Either way you will do both.

When they are done they will say something about having only completed some of the reviews so far and the will escort those people out. They said they did not receive an offer today but that doesn't mean they won't be able to try again.

But luckily if you are in the room you will receive a conditional job offer, given you pass the drug test along with the background check. BE SURE TO BRING THE 2 FORMS OF ID IN CASE YOU DO RECEIVE THE OFFER. It's easier to do it then rather than later.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was really quick and easy. After applying and doing required online assessments I was offered a digital interview with HireVue. I had never had this type of interview, but basically they ask you 4 behavior questions and you need to record your responses. You're given 30 seconds to come up with a response and 2 minutes to record it. About a week later I received an email inviting me to an on site interview in 2 days.

Went to the group interview and hiring managers were very nice and it was a great friendly relaxed environment. Bottled water and snacks were provided. To start everyone had to go the room and introduce themselves and describe what the word "connect" means to them. They also wanted to know where you would go on your first free flight if hired.

We watched some videos and they answered questions as the hiring managers and leads starting pulling applicants 1 by 1 for a mock phone call and your 4 or 5 question STAR format interview. Very easy and managers were very nice.

After the interview we all returned to the room and were offered positions contingent on criminal background and drug screen. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you recognized a problem, what the problem was.............etc. All STAR format questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2016.

Interview

2 days after completing application and all required assessments, I received a HireVue online interview invitation. The online interview consists of 4 questions and is audio only. You only get one chance at each question.

TIP: You can log in as many times as you need and it will take you right back where you left off. If you can listen to the question and then immediately close the tab. Then type out your answer, log back in, and read it off.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a situation where you had to remain composed and positive. What did you do to handle it, and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question
    • 2. Tell me about a time that you had a deadline to meet. How long did it take you to meet the deadline, and then move on to the next one?   Answer Question
    • 3. Describe a decision you had to make that you were unable to ask you peers for advice. What did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • 4. Describe a time when you had to meet a goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received invitation for audio interview through HireVue within 2 days. I completed audio interview the following day and was extended an invitation for F2F interview next week. Delta called and scheduled the formal interview. The audio interview is challenging, but not impossible. Typical questions about customer service experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were under pressure and how you handled it.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (North Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted online application; Did over the phone interview; Selected for face to face interview; Did my background and drug screen; It took about a month and a half to complete the interview to hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta?   2 Answers

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied in early October, received an email, as well as, two phone calls on my answering machine to take the digital interview almost a week later. Had the three day limit to take the digital interview.

Does anybody have any experience with using the Hirevue app on an Android phone? I was under the impression it was going to be the one-sided video interview screen every one has been describing, however, it was only a black screen with a microphone & not any video. Possibly it's just my phone?

Was asked five questions, none of which I can remember nor were any on glassdoor that I practiced beforehand.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, asked to do personality assessment test online. One week invited for a digital interview where 4 behavioral where asked, maximum 2 minutes to answer each question. 2 weeks later invited to a face to face interview. We were about 12 candidates interviewed that day.

Interview Questions

• What does connect mean
      Where you want to fly first if successful
      The f2f interview was pretty much of behavioral questions like Tell me a time where you made a difficult decision, situation, action and outcome
      Where you went over and beyond for a customer
      Where you handled an irate customer, situation, your role and result
      Also you do a mock phone call where you have sell
      Generally, most of the questions asked during the digital and f2f interviews need a STAR response   Answer Question