Delta Air Lines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.6

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I just went through the online interview. It was very easy, thanks to glassdoor. Seriously, all the questions were here, so I got to prepare myself to answer them. Even the order of the questions were the same!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was expected of you to satisfy a customer or client's needs. What was the situation? What actions did you take, and what were the results?     Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult, upset, or distressed. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to work as part of a team to accomplish a task or goal. What was the situation? What was your role? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time where you were in a high stress or high pressure situation. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?     Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Green Bay, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

After filling out all the applications and being invited to do a video interview the sooner you respond the better. The video interview is through HireVue. 6 questions. Plenty of practice time. After the video question is asked you have 30 seconds to prepare your answer and up to 3 minutes to answer the question. I just submitted my answers and am waiting to hear back for hopefully a F2F!!!! Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Name a stressful situation with a customer or co-worker. How was it handled? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a co-worker was no holding up brand standards. What did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal. What was your role and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work in a challenging team environment.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you were encouraged to ignore company policy and how you handled it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • (something to the extent of) Name a time you were at work and had to switch/adjust priorities at a moments notice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I just received an offer from Delta in Minneapolis and wanted to share what the process was like. This was my first time applying for a position with Delta and the process took a total of six weeks. We were told that they received between 600 and 1,000 applications for the position, and would be hiring just 5.

I first applied online on August 9, 2017 after hearing that Delta was hiring. I was then asked to complete a 15-minute assessment on customer service skills and personality.
    On August 17 I received an email inviting me to complete a more in-depth online application, detailing all of my work history, references for every position, typing speed, everywhere I have lived, etc..
    On August 22 I received an invitation to complete the recorded video interview using HireVue. I completed the video interview within two hours of receiving the email. It takes approximately 20 minutes and included 4-6 questions to be answered in 3 minutes using the STAR format.
    On September 13 I received an invitation to schedule the face-to-face interview. The spots fill up QUICKLY. There were only two time slots available, 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM, and the earlier time slot was filled within 35 minutes of the email being sent. I reserved a spot in the second group, less than 40 minute after Delta sent the email.

The face-to-face interview was held at a Delta Building C next to the airport on September 21. There were 30 people invited to the interview, 15 in the early slot and 15 in the later slot.

You are asked to bring two forms of identification and to print the in-depth application. Many people, myself included, had trouble getting this document to open and print from Delta's website. MAKE SURE YOU PRINT IT. I eventually got it to open correctly by using Internet Explorer instead of other browsers. If you do not bring this application, you may be asked to leave the interview. I also brought copies of my resume, which the interviewers appreciated.

First we were escorted to a conference room where we were introduced to the Delta interviewers and watched a couple videos. Then they shared more detailed information about the position, scheduling, and training. Come prepared with questions. Then individuals were taken out for individual interviews with a pair of Delta employees. Those who are left waiting are expected to ask questions and engage with the Delta interviewer in the conference room.

The individual interview included six detailed questions, similar to those in the HireVue interview, which are required to be answered with detailed examples in the STAR format. After this some of us were discreetly escorted to another room to wait for an additional interview with the General Managers. While waiting for this interview we casually "visited" with other Delta managers.

The final interview with the General Managers was somewhat informal, with general personality questions like "What is your life motto?" and "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for Delta." They were focused on reading our personalities, seeing how approachable we are, and how well we can communicate.

We were told that we would hear their decision by the end of the workday, as they were still interviewing other candidates. The entire face-to-face interview took exactly four hours for me, so be prepared! I received a job offer two hours after leaving.

For those interested in a Customer Service Agent Ready Reserve position, know this: The job begins with 10 weeks of full-time training. The first 6 are in the classroom, 7 AM-3:30 PM, followed by 4 weeks of shadowing your mentor at the airport. After this we bid for shifts, most likely being assigned four 6-hour shifts per week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you broke a company policy. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time your regular duties at work were interrupted. What was the interruption and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you delivered exceptional service to a customer or felt you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to solve a sudden problem at work independently, without guidance or input from your coworkers or supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you observed a coworker slacking or not living up to company standards. How did you respond and handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (New York, NY).

Interview

filled out the application. Got an email back to do a video interview. Wasn't really comfortable because I've never done it before so I said hey, what the heck! long story short, I didn't get a call back

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2017.

Interview

After passing the phone interview, I was sent an email to attend an in person interview at the airport. I responded within a few minutes and picked my desired time slot. When I arrived at the airport I interviewed with one recruiter who asked questions in the STAR format, almost identical to the video interview. I was offered a position on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was expected of you to satisfy a customer or client's needs. What was the situation? What actions did you take, and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you were in a high stress or high pressure situation. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a co worker was not holding up to brand standards. What did you do? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were distracted from your work and had to switch your priorities without notice. how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Hirevue online interview was nerve wracking. I've provided the interview questions I was asked VERBATIM and in the order in which I was asked. I recorded my hirevue interview so I was able to play it back and type the questions and also critique myself. Good luck to everyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was expected of you to satisfy a customer or client’s needs. What was the situation? What actions did you take? And what where the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult, upset, or distressed. What was the situation? What actions did you take? And what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work as a part of a team to accomplish a task or goal. What was the situation? What was your role? What actions did you take? And what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you were in a high stressed, or high pressured situation? What was the situation? What actions did you take? And what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Interviewed with the supervisor for the position. I originally interviewed for a baggage handler position but was recommended to the upstairs customer service manager for an interview during the following week

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've had to deal with conflict on the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied March 23rd, did my HireVue interview March 29th and received an email today (3/31/17) at 6:57 pm for a f2f interview request. I am worried because I didn't reply until 7:33pm because I was in the middle of cooking dinner and didn't see the email right away. I know replying 35 minutes later doesn't sound bad, but I have heard people on here say that you have to be quick because it's first come, first serve. I pray I replied in time. Has anyone else had a f2f interview? If so how long after re)receiving the request did you apply? I'm so nervous! I applied for DTW (Detroit).

Interview Questions

• The questions are to be answered in STAR format (YouTube is your friend in researching this technique!)   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was just as I read online: apply online, assessment, application, video interview, in-person interview. Very competitive, be prepared, know your stuff, know the company, and plug it in the interview. They told us thousands of applied and only a dozen selected for interviews. Bring your "A" game.

Note, they will require you to answer questions in STAR format (situation/task, action, result) during the in-person interview, so be prepared and do this for your video interview as well. Regarding STAR, they want to know about you, how you handle and respond to a problem, not your colleague or boss.

Video interview seemed normal, usual customer service questions. As I read on here, the hiring process does take a while. I applied in March, had the video interview 2 weeks later, and in-person interview almost a month later, job offer later that day. I got an email for the in-person interview: with a morning and afternoon slot on that day. You will need to print out your application and bring it onsite, they will use it during the interview. Hint, from the beginning work the room, make conversation with fellow applicants and staff. Show them you're great with people. Remember their names and use it in conversation, when normal.

In-person interview stage began with half a dozen of us in a meeting room for an icebreaker, brief PowerPoint presentation, and (2) videos about the company, role, and benefits. Ice-breaker: your name, where are you from, professional background/work experience, and first place you want to fly to with Delta. Hint: Speak confidently, poised. Be prepared to pick a city where they actually fly to, know the brand and the destinations. There were several Delta managers there, very professional and happy. They took us one by one to have our individual interviews.

Bring multiple copies of your resume and cover letter, at least two, to present to interviewees. Questions were randomly selected again, they asked me (3) from their list. Typical customer service questions, one was the same from my video interview. They want you to answer in STAR format. Questions took about 10-15 minutes. Use the time after to make a friendly and organic conversation to sell yourself. Why you want this job, why you love Delta (insert Delta knowledge and how you relate to their goals.) Do your homework about the brand and be shameless when plugging it in the conversation. Separate yourself from the others and show you came prepared, care, and will represent Delta well. Know what they do in the community, know their service policy, know their history, and etc. Hope this helps you nail your interview!

Interview Questions

• Paraphrased - dealing with a difficult customer, answer in STAR format   Answer Question
    • Paraphrased - time you made a decision without supervisor input, answer in STAR format   Answer Question
    • Paraphrased - time you took constructive criticism, answer in STAR format   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied Feb 22, 2017. Passed all assessments. Completed Digital Interview on 03/02/2017....Passed the Recorded Interview through Hirevue. And my application been "UNDER REVIEW" ever since. Does anyone have an idea what's the next steps ????

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult guest. Explain the situation and what was the outcome ?   1 Answer