Delta Air Lines Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. Panel interview with 4 others. They asked routine finance questions. Interview lasted roughly about an hour and 10 minutes. I received the phone call from HR offering me the position about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

After a one-on-one first round, their super day was a very typical series of behavioral questions. There were also some technical ones related to the airline industry specifically on that last day. The other reviews here did a great job of highlighting the types of technical questions to expect. Behavioral ones are ones you might encounter anywhere (behavior in teams, how to handle deadlines, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What are considerations that go into planning a new flight route?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2013.

Interview

Dropped my resume on campus , was given a face to face interview. Interviewer was nice and relatable . There were 3 case questions about different airline scenarios , prepare around this . Making spending decisions for a hub or when to spend even at a loss.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions research airline revenue structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round consisted of 30 minute interview with a current analyst. Questions were a mix of behavioral, technical, and problem solving. Second round consisted of a trip to the corporate headquarters for a lunch with several recent hires and two interviews with senior financial analysts and/or managers. Both interviews were 30 minutes and consisted of similar questions to the first round.

Interview Questions

• Delta is purchasing a new aircraft with a loan, how does the transaction affect the financial statements?   Answer Question
    • The airline is introducing a new food item. What should they consider? How would they go about pricing the new item?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

I initially had an on-campus interview. The interviewer was really friendly and asked finance and behavioral questions. Make sure you understand your financial concepts to answer these questions. Behavioral questions were pretty standard.
    I received a call the following day to schedule an on-site interview the next week in Atlanta. Headquarters are really nice and large. Everyone I met was really nice although my first interviewer was a little awkward. There are two 30 minute interviews back-to-back and that is all for Delta. They were extremely similar to the first-interview questions, just slightly more difficult in terms of finance questions.

Make sure you know a ton about Delta. I was really busy with other interviews and a competition the weekend before this interview so I just didn't have the time to really research Delta and know everything there is about the company. I felt that this really hurt me. Know what differentiates Delta from the other airlines. Know the Northwest merger. Know Delta's history. Know about its unique culture. Also, it may be helpful to research Atlanta/have visited before if possible. They're not the kind of company that will hire really great people who don't really, really want to work for Delta. They want to know that you are extremely interested in working for them in particular.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. Study past questions on glassdoor because many came up in the interview. It's also important that you go into the interviews with a working knowledge of the airline industry. They want to see candidates who have put in the time to learn a little about their complex industry beforehand. Know basic accounting. All interviewers were very personable and want you to succeed in the interview.

First interview was on-campus and lasted about 40 minutes with a division manager. The super day consisted of 3-40 minute interviews with other managers which were all similar in format - behavioral, analytical, and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would Delta take an equity stake in a foreign airline?   Answer Question
    • What factors would Delta consider when adding a new Sky Club?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied through school. First interview was on campus. Half behavior, half technical about accounting concepts. Make sure to study the airline industry and know what cost and revenue factors are. Second round was at the headquarter.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider if opening a new network?   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in October 2010.

Interview

Formal interview with behavioral and technical questions. Sort of like a short case interview. Know basic accounting concepts and formulas.

Interview Questions

• Compute the profit margin given fixed and variable costs   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was 5 finance and accounting related questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the accounting entry for receiving and serving food in October and not getting billed for the food until November?   2 Answers

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in February 2012.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It consisted of a few questions about my background and resume, as well as a few accounting and economics questions. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me feel at ease. At the end, they allowed me to ask several questions and their answers seemed genuine and insightful.

Interview Questions

• Explain why airlines have recently started charging for checked bags and drinks/food on board.   Answer Question
    • How does leasing vs. buying a plane show up on an income statement and balance sheet.   Answer Question