Delta Air Lines Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

They recruited on campus so I dropped my resume. The first round of interviews was on campus. The recruiter was very friendly, but the questions were pretty technical. They were heavy on accounting. The second round was on the Delta campus in Atlanta. I met with two MBA students who had been working at Delta. Supposedly, they are from departments in which Delta is hiring.

Interview Questions

• If Delta were to introduce a new meal item, how would they go about valuing that investment?   Answer Question
  • Familiarize yourself with the different accounting statements.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Initially met the recruiters at a company presentation recruiting for analysts in the Financial Analysis division. Dropped my resume through the campus recruiting website and was selected for the interview. The entire first round was technical, relating to Delta. Luckily, I had networked and spoken with the recruiting manager several times so he already knew me on a personal basis. The questions were hypothetical situations that could happen at Delta and what the implications were for Financial Analysis. examples included:
    - What if Delta bought another airline, how would synergies be accomplished?
    - Given Y fixed cost, Z cost per passenger, and ABC variable costs, how many tickets would we have to sell to break even?
    - What are the financial implications when considering building a new facility? Buying a new soft drink to be served on board?

Second round interview was at the office with two members of the team and very similar questions with a few behavioral as well. Then they gave offers.

Interview Questions

• What are the financial implications if Delta wants to buy a new soft drink to serve on its airlines? If it wants to build a new facility?   Answer Question
    • Given the consolidation and comicality of the industry, why do you want to work at an airline company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a 30 minutes interview. It was a mix between behavioral and technical. You should know basic accounting and have an understanding of what drives the airline business. Know why you want Delta as opposed to its competitors. Second round was on site and consisted on two interviews very similar to first round interview.

Interview Questions

• If you receive cash today for tickets for a flight two moths from now how does the accounting work today and two months from now.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

First interview was very technical. Only one personal question, "Why delta?". Study basic accounting.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Connected to alumni who pushed my resume to the hiring managers. Several days later I had a preliminary interview on the phone. This phone interview was not too difficult with several behavioral questions, accounting questions, and critical analysis questions. The manager who interviewed me was very nice and open about the hiring process. A week later, they flew me out to Atlanta to interview on site. Before the interviews, several newer analyst took me out to lunch. We had a great conversation about the company and culture. After a tour of HQ, I had two interviews with managers. Both were very similar to the phone interview. Overall, the hiring and interview process was very quick and transparent.

Interview Questions

• If you receive cash today for tickets for a flight two moths from now how does the accounting work today and two months from now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary; very flexible on start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Great people, everyone I meet was very helpful and nice. I had three one-hour interviews with different hiring managers at the delta office in Atlanta. Not a lengthy process and they let me know of their decision in an appropriate amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting and questions about financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Athens, GA).

Interview

University On-Campus Interview; interviewer was not overly friendly. Questions were not overly technical from a finance perspective, but very detailed in terms of the airline industry. Make sure you study up on the state of the airline industry, competitors, etc.

Interview Questions

• What should Delta consider when adding flights in international markets?
      What are Delta's main cost drivers?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my universities OCR system and was invited for a first-round interview. The interviewer was very friendly and approachable. Know some of Delta's core lines of business and how they are positioned in the airline industry. Also be able to explain why you are interested in the airline industry as a whole and Delta specifically.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the biggest risks that Delta faces as a business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on my university portal and received an on campus Interview. It was a 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer was polite and tried to get to know my background as well as give me more information about the program and the specific role.

Interview Questions

• What are possible revenues and expenses of starting a new flight route?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. It was a difficult interview, but a good experience. The interviewer made me feel at ease and wanted it to be more conversation based than just him asking questions.