Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied initially online, and took the "personality" assessment. About 5 weeks later was contacted to submit a one-sided video interview. They ask you 5 questions, you have 30 seconds to prepare, and 2 minutes to answer the question. You also get a break in between each question which is nice! All the questions I was asked have been submitted on this website, so nothing unexpected. I submitted my video a week ago and I'm waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   4 Answers
  • Tell us about a time when you had to work with someone with a difficult personality. What made this person difficult and how did you handle it? What were the results?   2 Answers
  • Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was needed to satisfy a customer. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a time when you worked on a team with someone who did not do his or her share of the work. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a time when you witnessed a coworker or colleague breaking the rules or acting in a dishonest or unprofessional manner. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied: July 26, 2016
    Invitation for video interview: September 2, 2016
    Invitation for face to face interview: October 20, 2016

The video interview was very simple. Be patient and answer the questions in the S.T.A.R. format and dress as if you were a flight attendant.

I do have a couple questions for people who have received a contingent job offer.

1. Did you select your base that day? Or do they choose for you?
    2. If you didn't choose your base that day, do they wait until after training to tell you?
    3. How was training like? I don't want to know details, just a little summary to calm my nerves.

Is anybody going for an interview on November 9, 2016 @ 12:30? Maybe we can meet up so we can have somebody to mingle with that we're comfy with.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in early Oct. 2013

Got a call back first week in January 2014
    Was told I needed to have passport to proceed further did that.
    Got a second call back the following week and was asked 4 questions.

What to do if a passenger appears intoxicated?
    What to do if a child was asleep on the floor while the fasten seat belt sign is on?
    How would you handle a passenger in a situation where the food item they wanted was not available?
    How would you handle a child running down the isle?

Then I was asked 4 more questions on that same call

A time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    A time when you persuaded others to do something new?
    A time when a co worker was being unfair or dishonest?
    How would you deal with a difficult customer... and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?

I got a call back the next day and was invited to a face to face interview for the following week.

About 60 of us met at 7:30 am in the lobby of delta facility.

*REMEMBER TO SMILE THE WHOLE WHILE AND INTERACT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN* Also please dress neat and business like do not wear a suit that is to tight have nails done and look sharp.

You go across the street to another building where you are met by about 20 experienced Delta Flight Attendants and a few HR people who line the walls of the room.
    You are then serenaded by the crew totally awesome! then led into a room where you will introduce yourself and tell if you speak another language and what work you are currently doing.

We were divided into three groups A, B, and C. I was in B group.

Each group had designated areas to go

-Watch video of life as a FA
    -Fire side chat where you ask questions have your picture taken and measure for over head reach and jumpseat fit.
    -Then the face to face interview

You will alternate to each area until everyone has had a chance to go to all areas
    remember to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action & Result) method when answering interview questions, always smile and be upbeat! These are some questions they may ask or questions simular to these. There are two interviewers in the room and the are writing the whole time you are talking. But don't be alarmed they are listening carefully.

Describe to me a time you overcame a problem at work? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

What do you do when a co-worker works at a slow pace?

How did you handle working with a co-worker you knew did not like you, how did you handle it?

What are some of your strengths? And worst faults?

Describe a conflict that you had with a manager, how did you handle it? How was it resolved?

If a co-worker was removing things from the aircraft would you confront them or tell management?

Why would you make a good Flight Attendant?

What do you know about the company?

Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary

After that they gather all the groups together in the meeting room and conclude the process by saying they will contact you via email to let you know if you are hired which they do do, however if there are candidates that have stood out they keep them behind and explain that they have additional information they need to get from these people. They called six names and I was one of the six asked to stay behind.
    We were offered the job and whisked away to HR to complete some paperwork.
    Fingerprints done and given a training date.

It is now Feburary 2014 and I have a week and a half to go before I begin training in March and I am super excited! I hope this info helps you as it did me when I researched the Delta interview process and as you can see it worked. I am hope this can help you as it has helped me to be 100% prepared.

Interview Questions

• Create a PA Announcement for couple celebrating their 50th year anniversary   256 Answers

Negotiation

None I excepted all terms and conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First time applying: 8/7

Complete First Assessment: 8/7

Second Assessment: they emailed me on 8/17 but it wasn't until either 8/19 or 8/20 that the link actually showed up. Completed 8/19 or 8/20

Invitation to Video Interview:8/21

Complete Video Interview: 8/22 -- In the middle of moving so I swear I couldn't find anything to wear. Hair was pulled back; black blazer; white and black dress shirt; no make up; no jewelry.
    All the questions found on this website. I practiced all my answers but was still nervous, I felt like I stumbled a couple times, kept saying sorry and starting over. Made sure I answered in STAR format. (Google it) Overall I thought I did decently, 7/10. All of laptops were acting funny and the microphone could not be recognized so believe it or not I did the interview on my phone! I felt like my hands were shaking and I worked out my arms the day before so after each question I had to shake them loose and prepare to hold my phone still.

Received Next Steps email: 8/27 and emailed them stating that I had applied for my passport that morning. [It wasn't until they sent me this email my withdrawal button disappeared.]

Received the phone call the next day 8/28 around 12pm; she asked me questions about tattoos, working anytime, if I had my passport. Which I did not have my passport yet but she reassured me it is fine as long as I bring proof that I applied. She also asked which airport was close to me so they could schedule my flight.

3 days later, 8/31, I received my possible interview times email and had to choose out of 8 days & times. I got my first choice (email confirmation came 6 hour later).

Next day, 9/01, received my flight receipt. They pay for your round trip.

Day after they send you a packet of everything you need for the interview. I suggest the Courtyard North/Near the airport. It is right down the road from the HQ, the airport shuttle drops you off across the street from the main gate.

Interview day: You are greeted by the recruitment staff, greet as much FA that you can. I personally DID NOT speak to all of the FAs in the room, to be honest I spoke to the other potential interviees more than the FAs. Just show that you want this to be YOUR CAREER choice and I asked the same question to the ones I spoke to (How long have you been a FA?). Dress the part (I personally wore a black pant suit with a white button down inside, hosiery, and black pumps. No jewelry once again, no makeup just red lipstick, my hair was curled on the top and I recently cut the back and sides) You are broken up into 3 groups: A,B,C. Depending on which group you get you will learn more about Delta, do a reach test, get to ask questions to seasoned FAs, and of course the 1:1 interview. You will have two interviewers and they will ask THE SAME type of questions that were asked on the video interview (STAR method). THE SAME TYPE... just look on other reviews on this website. It helped me soooo much.

The atmosphere is so calming and relaxed. You'll be nervous going in but once you're in the room, most of that nervousness melts away. Like no other interview I've been to.

After 10-15 minutes of waiting they come out and stated some names will be called today and some will find out 7-10 days later. That's It Folks!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied for Delta and received an invitation for a video interview about 2 weeks later. I just completed my video interview, so I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• You see a coworker taking items from the plane inventory. You are the only one who sees them doing this. What do you do in this situation?   23 Answers
    • Describe a time you had to adapt to new information in a situation. What was the situation? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • You notice you are missing items you need for your inflight service. Requesting these items will delay the flight. What do you do?   2 Answers
    • You are walking to the front of the plane and hear two passengers arguing. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • You hear two co-workers gossiping about another co-worker on the plane. You are pretty sure passengers can hear what they are saying. What do you do?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Would you delay departure for missing items on your list? This was one of nine interview questions for web interview. The interview has a three minute limit on question responses. Be yourself don't stress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

First step: apply, send resume and submit aptitude test. Next step several weeks later, invitation for a video interview. Third step wait for invitation for Face to Face interview at Atlanta headquarters. If you get invited you get 6 interview slots to choose from, about 50 candidates per slot attend a 4 1/2 hours gathering where you are divided into 3 groups, A,B and C, groups rotate to one on two interview with human resources personnel and a flight attendant; another group has introduction and small team task related activity; other group listens to job fair type presentation and asks questions, they are also taken aside to check for height and size restrictions (reach for overhead bin and must be able to fit in smaller jumpseat. Before and after group sessions, it is very social where candidates mingle and talk with each other and many flight attendants . End of day, you sent home and as you leave a few names are called out to return back to main room, those who were called back received conditional job offers. The rest go home!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied 11/19 and received VI on 12/13. Completed the next day on 12/14, and like some of you, I'm now waiting for a call back! I will update this if/when I do. Overall, I practiced a lot because I prepared for every single question they asked (they are all on here). But still, you don't want to practice too much because you don't want yourself to sound scripted. Overall, I believe all of my answers were great, but I did kind of freeze for a second at the end of one of my questions and then ramble a little bit. Hoping that that one answer doesn't keep me from a F2F! I know they want you to be real people, not robots, so I'm trying not to be worried about it. I'm sure they know that video interviews are awkward/nerve wracking for everyone! Just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• You see a flight attendant taking items from the cart, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • You hear two passengers arguing about leg room on your way back to the back of the plane, what do you do?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied on november 11, 2015 and got an instant email the next day telling me to complete the online assessment, which i did. Then about five days later on the 17 I received a video invitation to complete. All of the questions were about the same with what has been posted. I finished my video interview yesterday the 18 and have been patiently waiting. How long has it been for some of you other's after doing the video interview??

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

NOT AN INTERVIEW QUESTION : the email I received for the video interview gave clothing instructions including shoes... do they have you stand up to show your footwear off? Couldn't you be sitting in bare feet? Etc TIA