Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,035 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,035 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied initially online, and took the "personality" assessment. About 5 weeks later was contacted to submit a one-sided video interview. They ask you 5 questions, you have 30 seconds to prepare, and 2 minutes to answer the question. You also get a break in between each question which is nice! All the questions I was asked have been submitted on this website, so nothing unexpected. I submitted my video a week ago and I'm waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   5 Answers
  • Tell us about a time when you had to work with someone with a difficult personality. What made this person difficult and how did you handle it? What were the results?   2 Answers
  • Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was needed to satisfy a customer. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   2 Answers
  • Tell us about a time when you worked on a team with someone who did not do his or her share of the work. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a time when you witnessed a coworker or colleague breaking the rules or acting in a dishonest or unprofessional manner. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied: July 26, 2016
    Invitation for video interview: September 2, 2016
    Invitation for face to face interview: October 20, 2016

The video interview was very simple. Be patient and answer the questions in the S.T.A.R. format and dress as if you were a flight attendant.

I do have a couple questions for people who have received a contingent job offer.

1. Did you select your base that day? Or do they choose for you?
    2. If you didn't choose your base that day, do they wait until after training to tell you?
    3. How was training like? I don't want to know details, just a little summary to calm my nerves.

Is anybody going for an interview on November 9, 2016 @ 12:30? Maybe we can meet up so we can have somebody to mingle with that we're comfy with.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in September 2017.

Interview

Application process fairly straightforward. Completed application and assessment same day. Invited to complete HireVue interview a week later. Completed video interview on a Wednesday, but received the dreaded 'thanks, but no thanks' email 3 days later.

Pertaining to the video interview, as others have mentioned - they are your standard interview questions. 30 seconds to prepare, 3 mins to respond. 6 questions, 3 were behavior-based, so know your STAR interview response technique.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the ideal Delta Flight Attendant?   2 Answers
    • From the video you watched before completing this video interview, what aspect of becoming a Delta Flight Attendant surprises, excites, or concerns you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to shift priorities.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were in a high-stressed/pressured situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

If you are offered a phone interview after the Video interview; You will most likely not get the job. Delta just puts you through the process due to many applicants and reputation on glassdoor. Think about it.. Why do they need to hear your voice AGAIN after seeing and hearing you in the video interview? Most people with job offers received the F2F after the video interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to do a one way video interview about a week later.
    Completed the interview...they gave you 30 seconds to prepare before the video records and you cannot rerecord a video. You get 3 minutes to record.
    After I submitted my videos I got an email offering a phone interview about a week later. I'm completing the phone interview later today.
    Will update!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to change your plan last minute, what was the outcome and how did you adapt?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation you had a difficult customer. What happened and how did you handle it?   4 Answers
    • What qualifications and experience do you posess that would make you a good fit for this position?   39 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First time applying: 8/7

Complete First Assessment: 8/7

Second Assessment: they emailed me on 8/17 but it wasn't until either 8/19 or 8/20 that the link actually showed up. Completed 8/19 or 8/20

Invitation to Video Interview:8/21

Complete Video Interview: 8/22 -- In the middle of moving so I swear I couldn't find anything to wear. Hair was pulled back; black blazer; white and black dress shirt; no make up; no jewelry.
    All the questions found on this website. I practiced all my answers but was still nervous, I felt like I stumbled a couple times, kept saying sorry and starting over. Made sure I answered in STAR format. (Google it) Overall I thought I did decently, 7/10. All of laptops were acting funny and the microphone could not be recognized so believe it or not I did the interview on my phone! I felt like my hands were shaking and I worked out my arms the day before so after each question I had to shake them loose and prepare to hold my phone still.

Received Next Steps email: 8/27 and emailed them stating that I had applied for my passport that morning. [It wasn't until they sent me this email my withdrawal button disappeared.]

Received the phone call the next day 8/28 around 12pm; she asked me questions about tattoos, working anytime, if I had my passport. Which I did not have my passport yet but she reassured me it is fine as long as I bring proof that I applied. She also asked which airport was close to me so they could schedule my flight.

3 days later, 8/31, I received my possible interview times email and had to choose out of 8 days & times. I got my first choice (email confirmation came 6 hour later).

Next day, 9/01, received my flight receipt. They pay for your round trip.

Day after they send you a packet of everything you need for the interview. I suggest the Courtyard North/Near the airport. It is right down the road from the HQ, the airport shuttle drops you off across the street from the main gate.

Interview day: You are greeted by the recruitment staff, greet as much FA that you can. I personally DID NOT speak to all of the FAs in the room, to be honest I spoke to the other potential interviees more than the FAs. Just show that you want this to be YOUR CAREER choice and I asked the same question to the ones I spoke to (How long have you been a FA?). Dress the part (I personally wore a black pant suit with a white button down inside, hosiery, and black pumps. No jewelry once again, no makeup just red lipstick, my hair was curled on the top and I recently cut the back and sides) You are broken up into 3 groups: A,B,C. Depending on which group you get you will learn more about Delta, do a reach test, get to ask questions to seasoned FAs, and of course the 1:1 interview. You will have two interviewers and they will ask THE SAME type of questions that were asked on the video interview (STAR method). THE SAME TYPE... just look on other reviews on this website. It helped me soooo much.

The atmosphere is so calming and relaxed. You'll be nervous going in but once you're in the room, most of that nervousness melts away. Like no other interview I've been to.

After 10-15 minutes of waiting they come out and stated some names will be called today and some will find out 7-10 days later. That's It Folks!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied September 6th. One week later asked to take an assessment. September 26th was my video interview. I submitted my video interview September 29th. October 3rd, Delta sent me a phone interview Email. October 5th, was my phone interview. After 15 minutes they sent me a congrats Email for the in person interview. October 26th, at 12:30 is my face to face interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • From the video what is one thing you're excited or concerned about?   3 Answers
    • Tell us a time you had to change priorities?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you gave great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a high stress situation?   Answer Question
    • Phone interview questions was based off my resume. One ethics question, one question regarding a time I had to change plans. Then I was asked if I wanted any questions answered.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I just finished the video interview. There were actually only 5 questions the last one is just you accepting the regulations. I was very nervous, but now I know how the whole process is :). Taking the practice videos helps getting comfortable with the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a high stressful situation   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to change priorities   Answer Question
    • From the intro video what is one thing that excites you or concerns you of becoming a flight attendant   Answer Question
    • Explain why you are a great fit for the delta flight attendant position   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

My sister in law and I both applied on the same day, September 7. Within the week she had the Hirevue video interview, the phone interview, and the invite to fly to Atlanta for a face to face interview. I heard nothing for that whole week and the next two weeks. In fact, my status was moved from active to archived during that time and I was sure that I would not even get a video interview. But on September 25, my status was moved back to active and I did get the invite to do the video interview. I did that, but it wasn't until five days later that I got the invite to do the phone interview. I did the phone interview on October 6 and received the invite to go the Atlanta face to face interview 10 minutes later. I say all of this to say that until you get theTBNT letter, the timing doesn't mean anything. So no one should get discouraged. I was a flight attendant before I got married, but now I am 48 years old and was sure that I was too Old but obviously not if they are flying me to Atlanta for a face to face. And after all of that, my sister-in-law and I are only going to the face-to-face about a week apart. I am going to Atlanta to interview on October 26 if anyone wants to meet up. I'm very nervous but I need to put on my big girl pants (and my Spanx!) and let my personality shine!

Interview Questions

• All of the questions they asked me or on here already except for one. In the phone interview, they asked me what I would do if I found out that something about my uniform was noncompliant.   10 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Hire Vue on-line interview was the first step in the hiring process. A video is sent to your email address and you are given five days to complete the interview. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from the video about the day in a life of a flight attendant that you did not know previously?   1 Answer
    • Why do you believe that you would be an excellent candidate for the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced a situation that went terribly wrong and it could not be corrected and how you handled it.   1 Answer