Delta Air Lines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.2

962 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in November 2016.

Interview

This is for the video interview. Process took about a month. Applied online got an invite to do a VI within 5 days. Did mines on the 5th day and I did terrible on the Vi, I kept stumbling over my words and was beyond nervous. Practice the questions I posted below, I posted the questions they asked WORD FOR WORD.

Interview Questions

• 1) Hi I'm Christian. While cleaning the aircraft after your flight you witness the flight attendant taking items from the beverage cart and placing them into their pocket. No other member of the crew witness this event, but you are certain the flight attendant is stealing, the flight attendant is grabbing their items and disembarking the aircraft, what would you do?   5 Answers
  • Hi I'm Manny, describe a time when you displayed a high level of effort and commitment towards performing your work, what was the situation, what did you do and what was the outcome.   2 Answers
  • Hi I'm Kyle, during your preflight service check you notice so items are missing from the inventory, if you do not aquire the items, there will not be enough to serve everyone on the flight, if you request additional items the flight will most likely be delayed. What would you most likely do?   1 Answer
  • Hi I'm Meradeth, you are working in the back of the airplane on a flight from Washington, DCA airport to New York's JFK airport, during the flight you walk to the front of the plane to get some needed service items. Without the items service in the aft of the plane will be delayed. On the way back to your service area, you witness two passengers engaging in a heated discussion. Although their voices are not raised, it is clear they are both upset. You overhear one passenger claim that the the reclined seat is hurting their legs and demands the other passenger sit up. You need to return to your section of the plane with the supplies, but the two passengers are starting to become louder with their disagreement. What would you do?   3 Answers
  • Hi I'm Allen. During your flight, you hear two coworkers gossiping in the galley about another coworker who is also on the flight, there are passengers within earshot of the conversation and you are sure they can hear what is being said. What would you do?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Ok. I'm giving the scoop. I didn't get selected and I'm not reapplying so I don't care. Lol.

1st when you arrive you are sitting in an area with other candidates and of course you are being watched.. Interact and mingle. Then the HR team and some flight attendants will come down and greet everyone. They will ask you for documents in which you are provided a folder to place them in and then once everyone is done you are taken upstairs to the main room.

2nd. They will have you give them your visitors pass and will replace it with another badge inside of a clear holder..this will have your name and which group you will be in (there are 3 groups A, B, or C). There are 3 segments to the interview..the briefing (like a holding area where you look at a sample schedule and are given info..you can ask questions too..this is also where you are held until called to do the jumpseat and reach test..aka get your "hug" from this nice granny type lady)..then there's the 2on1 interview..an HR person and a FA will interview you in a room and ask 4 questions. That's your time to shine! Then lastly you there is a room where you do the group exercise where you are judged on how you work as a team. This is an important part too. Work with the others but make sure you contribute.

3rd and lastly after all groups have finished the rounds, you sit and watch a video about the history of Delta. This is where they will sneak to see who they are going to pull for CJO. Then after the video you are sent home. If local you go with certain people to be escorted out and if you flew in you go with others who are escorting to the shuttle. You may see some people get pulled aside as you are leaving..that's ok..they just scored the highest points day of. They will tell you that you will hear within 3 to 14 days. Typically a tbnt in 3 days...after the 3 days its safe to say you may get called or emailed with a cjo after they offer them to people who scored the highest on day of f2f. It may take a couple weeks to a month to hear back if you don't get tbnt 3 days after. I have been privy to a few people who recently got a cjo this way.

Remember: Everything is score based..make sure you are polished..ladies..paint your nails (nude, light pink, French tip, or classic red)..or at least a nice clear coat. Red, nice pink, or nude lip. Men..groom yourselves well..if you have facial hair..get it trimmed. No bold colors..I can't stress enough. I know the new uniform reveal has people feeling bold with the eggplant color..don't do it. Black, navy, or gray..these are your best friends.

Overall it was a nice experience..relax and do your thing. Ask questions! Mingle with the FA's and HR team! And smile, smile, smile! Sit straight..no slouching. Again...LOOK THE PART!

I was complimented the whole time on my lip and nail color, answers to questions...so I know I had the juice..just too much for them, LOL. They lost out not picking me but hey I'll land with another airline.. ;)

Its your turn! Are you ready?

Now go shine!

Interview Questions

• Every question in the 2on1 maybe different so just take your time and answer. You can ask them to repeat the question is needed. You can also write it down but you must turn in the paper before leaving the room.   40 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

First step: apply, send resume and submit aptitude test. Next step several weeks later, invitation for a video interview. Third step wait for invitation for Face to Face interview at Atlanta headquarters. If you get invited you get 6 interview slots to choose from, about 50 candidates per slot attend a 4 1/2 hours gathering where you are divided into 3 groups, A,B and C, groups rotate to one on two interview with human resources personnel and a flight attendant; another group has introduction and small team task related activity; other group listens to job fair type presentation and asks questions, they are also taken aside to check for height and size restrictions (reach for overhead bin and must be able to fit in smaller jumpseat. Before and after group sessions, it is very social where candidates mingle and talk with each other and many flight attendants . End of day, you sent home and as you leave a few names are called out to return back to main room, those who were called back received conditional job offers. The rest go home!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied in January. Had a video interview in January. Face-to-face interview in March. Interview went really well and the employees were very friendly. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with someone you knew didn't like you.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

apply for the position on December 18, 2016. was invited to do the second assessment test besides the one along with the application on January 05, 2017. 1st video interview was January 18, 2017 since I applied for the bilingual position I was invited to do a second video interview on Feb.22, 2017. March 23 received the TBNT email. all the questions were found here on Glassdoor!

Application

Interview

The in person interview was a three step process. It was a great experience and the Delta employees went out of their way to make sure that the candidates were comfortable and relaxed during the process. After the interview they tell us that we will hear back with 7-10 days and that they don't pull anyone aside. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta Airlines   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied on november 11, 2015 and got an instant email the next day telling me to complete the online assessment, which i did. Then about five days later on the 17 I received a video invitation to complete. All of the questions were about the same with what has been posted. I finished my video interview yesterday the 18 and have been patiently waiting. How long has it been for some of you other's after doing the video interview??

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied 12/31
    Assessment 1/2
    Video Interview 1/5
    F2F Invite 2/16
    So far its been pretty easy just do you research.
    Have my F2F interview in ATL on 3/13 at 12:30pm
    If you are going to the same interview message me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

hasnt changed. the interview process is just like the previous reviews with 3 steps and 3 groups. Group A, B, and C do f2f and 2 seperate group activities. The day ends with what you believe is people going home that are local one way and people going to the airport the other.....THATS WHERE THEY SNEAK OFF THE PEOPLE THEY WANT TO HIRE. People didnt notice that but unfortunately I did. I really did believe they were going to contact people 10-14 days with cjo. Think about it why would they let someone they want to hire slip away without getting fingerprints, drug test, and training start date if they have them right there right now. They were very secret about it, but I did notice them sneak a handfull of them away to a seperate rooms. Of course one cant say anything because theres always tomorrow and I will try again when I am allowed to apply. The others should start getting the tbnt emails anyday now. Nice people and gives insight on what there looking for. Just hurts still that they say one thing and then see them giving cjo immediately....if you didnt get cjo the day you were there dont hold your breath for later,just try again. I did get my tbnt email...2 days later....

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I filled out an application on: 12/7/16
    A few days later I got an email asking me to complete a lengthy assessment on the Delta site
    I got invited to do a video interview on :12/28/16
    I completed the video interview on 12/30/16
    I did not hear anything and kept checking the delta website and my status just kept saying "under review."
    On 1/20/17 I got invited to Atlanta for a F2F(face to face interview) and they are looking for dates around the end of February. My status still says under review on the delta website.

The interview questions are general interview questions that you would get when interviewing at any job. If you take the video interview you get several seconds to think about your answer before the camera starts recording you. Use these seconds and take a deep breath and just BE YOU. You kind of just go in and say what will be will be and let it go and have fun and be yourself. I smiled. I looked at the camera and I dressed nicely even though I was just sitting in my kitchen. I chose black pants and a white shirt and a black blazer. I actually enjoyed the experience. They are used to people putting it on thick for them ..put it on thick while still being yourself that is the key. There is no right or wrong for the questions it is the way you answer them. And the interview process seems to be different for everyone. Some people have gotten phone calls and I have not spoke to one person all of my correspondence has been by email.

If anyone is going down to ATL at the end of February let me know!. I will update as the process continues...good luck to you all

Interview Questions

• One question was: What would you do if you noticed a co worker taking something from the beverage cart after the flight?   24 Answers