Delta Air Lines Cargo/Baggage Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

1 Interview Review

Cargo/Baggage Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online for 2 positions... Got called back for both and phone interviewed for both... After my phone interview for baggage handler I was called back for a 2nd phone interview... Then they told me they will set up a face to face interview when there were appointments available... About 2 weeks had passes and I finally got a face to face interview... I did great on the face to face and was offered a conditional job on the spot... Within the next 2 days I took a drug test, hearing test and agility test... That was kind of annoying because I had to schedule an appointment for the agility test and I couldn't get it until the next day... So I had to do the drug test and agility/hearing test all in one day and they were both really far from my house and really far from the airport... But I'm not complaining... Then I had to wait for my backround check to clear which took about 2 weeks... I had to have my previous employers call the backround check company to verify my employment... Like I said the backround check took 2 weeks and I waited for a week to call them after the backround check was over... I called them because I hadn't heard anything from them... so about a week or a little longer after my backround check I called and the lady I spoke to said I was all clear and she set my training date for about 2 weeks later... I'm actually starting 2 days from now... I was supposed to start today but they called me the day before and asked if they could push it back 2 days... Overall this was about a 2 months process... 1 month doing interviews and applying... then about another month including the face to face, backround check and the drug and hearing/agility test... The tests and interviews were very nice and easy but most of that time was just waiting...