Delta Air Lines MBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I knew about the process through the Business School, and there was a presentation from the company and the MBA associate program. After that I sent my cover letter and cv and got an interview round. The first round was face to face by 2 directors, took around 40 minutes. In addition, by the end of that very week I was also interviewed in Skype by the person accountable for the program. The last interview was mainly focused on explaining my cover letter.

MBA Finance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

The first round consisted of two technical interviews, focused around specific metrics used in airlines. Second round was three technical interviews and followed the same format, including a lunch with current associates from the program. Delta seemed very focused on not only your technical ability, but also your fit with the company, interest in airlines, and desire to live in Atlanta.

The offer decision took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting to have to provide accounting journal entries during the interview, but the ones they asked were transaction based and not that challenging.   Answer Question

MBA Commercial Strategy Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

The second round interview on-site at Delta is made up of 4 separate interviews (@45min each) covering revenue, marketing, leadership, and cultural fit at Delta. The revenue and marketing portions have several scenario-based quantitative questions. Very well run interview day. Amazing people! Go for it if you get the chance!

Interview Questions

• The leadership and fit interviews contained reasonable behavioral type questions. One of the other two interviews required a mini-case in which you work through a revenue problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by a final round interview which consisted of four 1:1 interviewers. Each focused on a specific area (data analysis, leadership, communications, and fit). Standard behaviorial questions and mini cases.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain why the airlines industry overbooks flights to a group on angry consumers?   1 Answer

MBA Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial resume and cover letter sent for on campus recruiting. If selected, first round interviews (two interviewers, half hour each) on campus. Final round interviews (four to six interviewers, half hour each) in Atlanta at the corporate headquarters. Questions asked assess fit (why this company, why this industry, why this field), analytic abilities (problem solving questions), and finance/accounting knowledge (debits/credits, financial statements, NPV, IRR).

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of paint does it take to paint a 757? How would paint effect the aircraft?   1 Answer

MBA Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was asked what i thought made a leader and how i have exhibited those characteristics, where i thought the company could improve, a time when i had to develop a recommendation with little information.

Interview Questions

• Analytical questions were the hardest   1 Answer

Marketing MBA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

This interview was on campus and at the corporate HQ.

1st round: 2 Back to Back behavioral interviews
    2nd round: 1 written test, 6 questions, 4 back to back behavioral interviews - each focusing on a different skill

Interview Questions

• Why Delta?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to convince someone who worked for you to do something they disagreed with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in January 2007.

Interview

Initial telephone screening and resume review, followed by a mix of group and individual interviews on a separate day at corporate headquarters. Interviewed by General Managers and Directors in the business unit hiring. The interview process was very congenial, focusing on business skills, personality and behavioral questions, leadership experience and potential, and overall cultural fit.

My initial contact with the company was via an interaction at the NSHMBA career expo, followed by submission of my credentials and application to the Delta.com careers website.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a hypothetical situation in which I was confronted with a serious ethical issue and had to describe some potential solutions and risks, without specific knowledge of company policy.   1 Answer
    • I was asked a business case question related to sourcing a particular commodity important to the airline industry, without any specific knowledge of that commodity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed offer - part of standardized MBA associate salary and benefit package. Negotiated relocation and house-hunting assistance benefits. There is some negotiability in the program related to starting bonuses, I was offered the maximum available, based upon post-hiring feedback.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Interviewed with two folks at a conference for my first round and the interviews were very technical in nature. Heard back a week later to conduct final rounds in Atlanta of which I did three interviews including one with the current Program Manager. The day included a tour, lunch with current associates and interviews. The interviews once again were technically focused with some case scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the variance if we intially sold 100 tickets but only 50 people filled the plane and our price that we were selling for changes between the two?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting.

Interview Questions

• A customer receives a voucher in December and redeems it in January, explain the accounting journal entries.   Answer Question
    • We reduce "seats" by 10%, but cost does not decrease, why?   Answer Question
    • We've decided to replace seats with lay flat beds, explain how this will effect revenue, costs, and net income.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First round interview.