Delta Air Lines Ramp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply online then Hirevue online interview using the STAR method then you are scheduled for a f2f interview at the airport. There was only two of interviewing. One guy was 22 and I am 50. Obviously, the 22 year old got the CJO and I was quickly escorted out of the terminal after the interview and was told that I would be contacted in two weeks. I know that I followed all the advice and my STAR answers were perfect as well as my personality during the interview. Bottom line, if you are 40 plus, you are wasting your time interviewing for a ramp agent.

Interview Questions

• 5 STAR questions with a manager and senior ramp agent.   1 Answer

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in May 2017.

Interview

I was given a referral link on 4/28 and uploaded my resume to Delta's website. On 5/2 I was sent a request to fill out an application invitation. Pretty standard stuff, nothing out of the ordinary. On 5/5 I was sent an email from HireVue to record a digital interview which I did. I wore a white shirt and tie for the interview, you only get one chance to record your response to the questions so make sure and do some practice questions before hand.

Everywhere I read said that they heard back within 2 weeks if they were asked to come in for a face to face interview. Delta was going through some major changes at LAX (where I was applying for) at the time of my digital interview, but it's been almost 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything back. I'll apply again if the position comes up, but I haven't heard anything yet and there's no contact info regarding a hiring manager for me to follow up with. I even asked my cousin, who sent the referral link, and he couldn't find out who it was for me to call. Every where I read and everyone I talk to says Delta's the airline to work for in the industry so I'll keep at it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of an experience where you were asked to do something unethical.   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time you had a problem with a co-worker. What did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 25 of us in a room. After hearing about the company we were taken into a room for a 1 on 1 interview. 5 of 6 questions were STAR based.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Delta emailed me 2 days later to set up an interview.
    -Did video interview
    -Delta contacted me a week and a half later for FTF interview.
    -Interview was at LAX. Room filled with about 25 other people who applied.
    -(As soon as you arrive to the interview you're being observed, stand out without being annoying)
    -They put on some videos that descibe the company and the history.
    -Soon after they make you stand up in front of everyone and introduce yourself and why you want to work for delta.
    - then they send you individually with an interviewer in a separate room.
    - the interviewer ask 6 S.T.A.R based questions.
    - I was offered the job on the spot (Conditional Job Offer)
    - was sent to another room to fill out Employment paper work, and was also finger printed.
    - Two days later took my drug test, along with getting finger printed and my picture taken for my LAX Badge.
    -Next day took my P.A.T
    -Tomrrow I find out my Training date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a quick work related decision?

Tell us about a time you solved an issue at work without going to your supervisor for help.   4 Answers

Negotiation

None

Pay starts at $17 and some change :)

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied directly on their website, I was invited for a video interview about 1-2 weeks later. About 2 weeks after, I got an e-mail invite for a face to face interview at BOS. It was a small group of about 11 people. They ended up accepting most of us!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta Airlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Late April I applied and then took assessment
    A week Later got a video Interview. Pretty Easy
    Couple days later(may 5th) got an email for an in person interview at LAX
    In Person isn't to difficult. About 20 people are in a room and you watch a Delta Video. Everyone has to stand up and say Name, hometown, airline experience, why do you want to work for Delta, and first flight you'd want to take if hired?
    Then they do one on one interviews. They ask common questions so don't stress.
    Make sure to answer in "STAR"

In my experience i haven't heard back yet and its been over a month. Any advice? Who i can Contact? I never got a rejection or an offer.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I Applied online through the website
    Received an email for webcam interview
    2 weeks after webcam interview received an email requesting f2f interview.
    Sent preferences on interview times.
    Awaiting f2f interview this upcoming week 😊

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I did A video interview, then a face to face.I sat in the lobby and waited please make sure you arrive early I waited and he interviewed one on one with this lady and I felt good about it

Interview Questions

• Remember time you asked to do something that was wrong   5 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied online. Received and invitation to do a digital interview 7 days later. Had 3 business days to complete the digital interview on my own time thru Hirevue. During the digital interview they asked me 4 pre-recorded questions. Each response could only be 2 mins long. And you only have 1 time to record your answer. Each response should be given in the STAR format. (Situation/Task, Action, Result)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in a high stress/high pressure situation. What did you do? What was the result?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal. What role did you play? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked with a dishonest coworker or colleague. How did you handle it? Did you approach the coworker? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you showed high level of effort and commitment towards achieving a task. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

On line interview, which required face time. You spoke with an online interviewer. He would ask the questions, he would then give you an allotted amount of time , depending on the question.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle co-worker conflicts   1 Answer