Delta Air Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017
1,552 Interview Reviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

NOT AN INTERVIEW QUESTION : the email I received for the video interview gave clothing instructions including shoes... do they have you stand up to show your footwear off? Couldn't you be sitting in bare feet? Etc TIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Ok. I'm giving the scoop. I didn't get selected and I'm not reapplying so I don't care. Lol.

1st when you arrive you are sitting in an area with other candidates and of course you are being watched.. Interact and mingle. Then the HR team and some flight attendants will come down and greet everyone. They will ask you for documents in which you are provided a folder to place them in and then once everyone is done you are taken upstairs to the main room.

2nd. They will have you give them your visitors pass and will replace it with another badge inside of a clear holder..this will have your name and which group you will be in (there are 3 groups A, B, or C). There are 3 segments to the interview..the briefing (like a holding area where you look at a sample schedule and are given info..you can ask questions too..this is also where you are held until called to do the jumpseat and reach test..aka get your "hug" from this nice granny type lady)..then there's the 2on1 interview..an HR person and a FA will interview you in a room and ask 4 questions. That's your time to shine! Then lastly you there is a room where you do the group exercise where you are judged on how you work as a team. This is an important part too. Work with the others but make sure you contribute.

3rd and lastly after all groups have finished the rounds, you sit and watch a video about the history of Delta. This is where they will sneak to see who they are going to pull for CJO. Then after the video you are sent home. If local you go with certain people to be escorted out and if you flew in you go with others who are escorting to the shuttle. You may see some people get pulled aside as you are leaving..that's ok..they just scored the highest points day of. They will tell you that you will hear within 3 to 14 days. Typically a tbnt in 3 days...after the 3 days its safe to say you may get called or emailed with a cjo after they offer them to people who scored the highest on day of f2f. It may take a couple weeks to a month to hear back if you don't get tbnt 3 days after. I have been privy to a few people who recently got a cjo this way.

Remember: Everything is score based..make sure you are polished..ladies..paint your nails (nude, light pink, French tip, or classic red)..or at least a nice clear coat. Red, nice pink, or nude lip. Men..groom yourselves well..if you have facial hair..get it trimmed. No bold colors..I can't stress enough. I know the new uniform reveal has people feeling bold with the eggplant color..don't do it. Black, navy, or gray..these are your best friends.

Overall it was a nice experience..relax and do your thing. Ask questions! Mingle with the FA's and HR team! And smile, smile, smile! Sit straight..no slouching. Again...LOOK THE PART!

I was complimented the whole time on my lip and nail color, answers to questions...so I know I had the juice..just too much for them, LOL. They lost out not picking me but hey I'll land with another airline.. ;)

Its your turn! Are you ready?

Now go shine!

Interview Questions

• Every question in the 2on1 maybe different so just take your time and answer. You can ask them to repeat the question is needed. You can also write it down but you must turn in the paper before leaving the room.   33 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied for the Non bilingual flight attendant position on 7/20. I received an email on 8/30 being offered a video interview for Delta. I completed the VI today, 8/31. There are 6 behavioral questions and 3 questions about tattoos, piercings, uniform, etc. The questions aren't word for word but they are a general idea of what to expect. The question about tattoos asks if you have any visible tattoos. With Dealt, visible tattoos means "neck, face, collar bone & above or below the wrist, hands and fingers". It wouldn't let me add another question, the last question is "You are missing plane inventory so some customers may not get an item, if you wait to get the items the plane could be delayed. How would you handle this situation?"

I selected no, that I didn't get the offer because I am still waiting on a response.

Interview Questions

• You see a coworker taking inventory from the plane and is about to de-board, you think he/she may be stealing. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question
    • You overhear to coworkers gossiping about another coworker in the earshot of passengers. How would you handle this situation?   1 Answer
    • You are in the back on the plane, you need to go to the front in order to get inventory, you overhear two passengers arguing and but if you stop to take care of the situation the service in the back of the place could be delayed. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to adapt to a new experience in the work place.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you showed a high level of effort and commitment in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply, video interview, & F2F. I used to think this F2F was an interview; It's more like a personality assessment. Most other jobs I've interviewed with just want to know like a history of experience. If you're a great actor you might can fake it it but most likely you should just be yourself. If you don't fit what Delta wants and you really want it, mold yourself to become better and apply again. If you ever applied to Southwest or flown on them before you'd notice they hire some of the most bubbly over the top individuals I've come across. Clearly you should know if thats your personality or not when applying to Southwest. Delta does the same, but instead of just bubbly I find them to be the most caring & honest individuals. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but really think about who you are as a person.

I've read many post that say airlines only hire young people. I don't think that's correct completely. My logic is yes they may hire more young people but it's not because age but because they know their true personality. Have you ever asked a child under 7 a question and they gave you their honest answer. Now ask the same question to someone 50 I doubt you get the same honest answer. So if you're in a group interview and all the young individuals are being themselves and the older individuals are putting on a facade what do you really think the outcome would be. I may be entirely incorrect but thats my opinion on that topic.

If you've done your homework you know how the F2F day goes. They did change a few things, I liked the changes and no I'm not going to tell you, whats the fun in that lol. I found a post on this site from "Sept 7, 2016" with some really good questions (I reposted them below as well). Practice these questions everyday and you should do fine when it comes to that part unless your answers are just trash. Good luck to you all that have made it that far. See you on the line.

P.S. If you get a hotel in the College Park area like the Holiday Inn, Red Lion, Hilton, Motel 6, etc you can just walk to the headquarters and don't have to Uber. As well there is plenty of food places around. If you live there may the odds ever be in your favor when it comes to traffic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were forced to face "change." What was your response? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in which you made a decision and you took responsibility. What was the situation? How did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were working on a team and one of the members was not doing their part/ pulling their share of the work. How did you respond to the situation? What was the outcome?   14 Answers
    • Describe a time in which you went above and beyond to provide customer service. What was the situation? How did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I filled out an application on: 12/7/16
    A few days later I got an email asking me to complete a lengthy assessment on the Delta site
    I got invited to do a video interview on :12/28/16
    I completed the video interview on 12/30/16
    I did not hear anything and kept checking the delta website and my status just kept saying "under review."
    On 1/20/17 I got invited to Atlanta for a F2F(face to face interview) and they are looking for dates around the end of February. My status still says under review on the delta website.

The interview questions are general interview questions that you would get when interviewing at any job. If you take the video interview you get several seconds to think about your answer before the camera starts recording you. Use these seconds and take a deep breath and just BE YOU. You kind of just go in and say what will be will be and let it go and have fun and be yourself. I smiled. I looked at the camera and I dressed nicely even though I was just sitting in my kitchen. I chose black pants and a white shirt and a black blazer. I actually enjoyed the experience. They are used to people putting it on thick for them ..put it on thick while still being yourself that is the key. There is no right or wrong for the questions it is the way you answer them. And the interview process seems to be different for everyone. Some people have gotten phone calls and I have not spoke to one person all of my correspondence has been by email.

If anyone is going down to ATL at the end of February let me know!. I will update as the process continues...good luck to you all

Interview Questions

• One question was: What would you do if you noticed a co worker taking something from the beverage cart after the flight?   20 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial App in July, Video interview early September, F2F interview mid November. Second time applying, first time going to F2F.

Video interview was very basic, and not the most open ended/conversational "get to know you" type questions. They very to the point (thought I bombed it!)

F2F was pretty fun, and was happy to make it that far. I have no idea how they make the selection based on our group. Everyone that made it to the F2F was so nice, on point, looked great, smiled and were so much fun to be around. (Got contact info from about 6 people, went out for food and drinks later, was a lot of fun!)

TIPS: If you can answer basic interview questions found all over the web, glassdoor and others, you will do JUST FINE!
    Practice interviewing!!! Get a friend, a mirror, or record yourself on your phone answering questions you find on glassdoor or indeed etc, it REALLY helps, and will help you be more confident and relaxed for the interview.

Have fun! Be genuine, I really loved all the people I met. The f2f is really not hard, just enjoy it
    Yes, they are watching :D And for you conspiracy theorist: I really doubted that they would have the time to have flight attendants monitor me on my flight to Atlanta, especially since not everyone flies in. However, out of all the places for the FA to stand and greet people as they took their seats, she chose MY SEAT! Coincidence?

Personal note, I applied to this job (Delta FA) long before I got the job I have now, (I spent 5 years applying to be a firefighter) and was offered a Job with a major fire department where I live about a month before i got the F2F invite. It's funny how they came at about the same time :D I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to fly to Hotlanta and experience this, I needed to mark it off and not wonder in years to come what could have been.

Please let me know if you have questions about the experience. It really was easy, and unless you hate people, you will do fine.

*Final note: Only a very few are selected out of the very few that make it to the f2f, and I don't know what it is they look for in each person they select (I know, smile mingle etc etc star, smile, star, smile, mingle and star :D). Of course make yourself stand out, but everyone stood out to me, I thought there were so many beautiful faces, smiles and personalities. What I've read other places, those with CJO tend to say things like "well I smiled EXTRA big or REALLY engaged in talking, or I did ___ to get me hired" and this may be true and what gave them the edge, but everyone was going above and beyond, I didn't see anyone that really stood out from the rest. It was like we were all on par, just from different places and different backgrounds. My point is to not take a rejection too hard; of course learn from it, but it may just not be your time, YET!

Good luck, congrats to everyone that makes it. I'll see you here, there, or in the air!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2017.

Interview

I applied 12/30/16 online. I received an email right away to complete the personality assessment. I then received the invitation for the video interview on 01/06/17. I submitted the video interview 3 days later. I received a confirmation email once I completed the video interview. My application is still showing current / under review as of today. I have not received any other correspondence.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Online questionnaire
    Video Interview
    Face to Face

Submitted the questionnaire online and got invited to do the video interview about a month later.
    Video interview as pretty straight forward, for me it helped to copy all the questions from Glassdoor and type out answers on the computer to be able to form fully articulate answers.
    Just practice as much as you can before hand. Compile a list of all the questions on here, and make sure you have a good answer for the question you least want to answer, because you're likely to get that one.
    About a month after I submitted my interview I received an email inviting me to the face to face interview in Georgia.
    I'll be interviewing February 3rd at 7am!

I don't remember all of the video questions verbatim ,but I've listed what I can recall below.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing while deboarding?   3 Answers
    • How would you handle two passengers arguing, while you have other tasks to handle at the other end of the plane?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were missing certain food items for the in flight meal, but getting those items would delay departure?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a coworker wasn't pulling their weight in a situation?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Delta emailed me 2 days later to set up an interview.
    -Did video interview
    -Delta contacted me a week and a half later for FTF interview.
    -Interview was at LAX. Room filled with about 25 other people who applied.
    -(As soon as you arrive to the interview you're being observed, stand out without being annoying)
    -They put on some videos that descibe the company and the history.
    -Soon after they make you stand up in front of everyone and introduce yourself and why you want to work for delta.
    - then they send you individually with an interviewer in a separate room.
    - the interviewer ask 6 S.T.A.R based questions.
    - I was offered the job on the spot (Conditional Job Offer)
    - was sent to another room to fill out Employment paper work, and was also finger printed.
    - Two days later took my drug test, along with getting finger printed and my picture taken for my LAX Badge.
    -Next day took my P.A.T
    -Tomrrow I find out my Training date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a quick work related decision?

Tell us about a time you solved an issue at work without going to your supervisor for help.
      3 Answers

Negotiation

None

Pay starts at $17 and some change :)

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

This is a great experience. In the waiting process of the interview. I wish everyone the best of luck. Do your research here these reviews are very accurate. This site really helped me.