Delta Air Lines Ramp Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Interview was full of false information and manager was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cover open shifts at a short moment's notice?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online and uploaded resume. Heard back from Delta for a phone interview. I was not prepared for the interview. They were very kind and pleasant to speak with. They asked customer service questions like Tell me a time when....., How do you handle......, What is customer service.... etc. I was nervous and froze! They gentleman I spoke with was really kind anyways.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in January 2014.

Interview

I found the job posting on craigslist and it took me to the delta website. The application was kind of long but nothing out of the ordinary. A few days after I had filled it out, I got a call to go in for a group interview. Once we all met in a cafe, we went up to a conference room where the interviewer told us all about the job. I had read the other reviews on this site and expected a long interview with lots of questions, especially about safety, so I was very prepared. However, the interviewer went around the room and only asked us one question. I answered in more detail than most of the other people and after a few more facts about the job, the interviewer thanked us for coming in. The next day I got a call offering me a job. I think the process was different from most ramp agent interviews because I am working at a very small airport, but I can't be certain that is it.

Interview Questions

• The one question asked was "What makes you want to work for Delta?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I never post things like this, but I figured I would because of my satisfaction overall with the entire process. I applied online not too long ago and received a phone call from an unknown number 2 days later (missed it) and looked up a number to call back. I was interviewed by phone immediately when I called back and it was a very pleasant experience. 3 days later I received an email to call a recruiter for my f2f appointment. After this was done, I was in the office interviewing 2 days later and offered a Conditional Job Offer. After filling out lots of paperwork (typical for an airline job) I was then told to get my drug testing, physical agility test, and hearing test done by the following day. Overall it has been a really smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Even though this position requires limited contact with customers, how can you strive to ensure that you make a positive impact on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Jamaica, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I had originally worked for Delta for about 2 and a half years until an injury forced me to look for a new line of work. Once my injury healed and the job was complete, I reapplied for Delta again. I submitted a new application and I would say after about a month I was called for the interview. The interviewer was very attentive and curious about the work I did after I had first left Delta. By the end of the interview, she couldn't see a reason not to hire me back. Unfortunately, job I held before hand had required me to leave the country for a certain amount of time and because of that small detail, I was not extended an offer. Aside from that, it was a valuable learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had any difficulties with coworkers? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview is very informal and a great way to make a first impression.
    Be yourself it is one of the best ways for the interviewer to find out if they are able to work with you.
    The first 1:1 interview will be with a shift/hiring manager and is typically a good way to get information about the position.
    The second 1:1 interview is with another manager elsewhere, and is your primarily formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift upto 70 pounds without assistance on a regular basis?   1 Answer
    • Can you work mandatory overtime if presented to you regularly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview was easy. 15 guys were hired with me. The process was the same for everyone, a generic phone interview, one on one interview if you were sane, not high on drugs, and had a pulse you were given a conditional job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

was given a phone interview for open ramp position online, completed the phone interview and was congratulated and told I made the next step which would be the in-person interview, which was schedule a couple days later. In-person interview at Houston Bush Intl. Airport was with a panel of 2 people; one of them asked all the questions. Questions were pretty standard, asking about past work experience and situations and why I wanted to work for this company, then he asked if I had any questions. After completing this, I was advised to wait in a break room next door. The gentleman who interviewed came back and told me I did a great job, and that I would be contacted the following week to let me know whether or not I was chosen to proceed to the next step. Regrettably, I never heard back from this company, and I was not given any means to contact them to check my status. Although the two interview people were courteous to me, I think it would have been more respectful to have someone call me back, or at least send me an e-mail letting me know someone else filled the position. After a few weeks, I finally decided it was a lost cause.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you disagreed with a decision or policy from management or someone above you, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Asked many questions took about 25 minutes. His voice was quite monotonous so either I wasn't blowing him away or he just plays his job like I play my poker. I felt like the questions were easy and that I was certainly answering them in an attractive way. However maybe they were so easy that I needed to be doing more than what I was. He said that a senior recruiter will be calling me soon and he did emphasize the will. But I did not get a specific time so I'm worried about whether or not it will pan out. If not I will try again anyways because I really like the airline industry. I'm putting two months for the length of interview because that seems to be how long it takes to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a time that was stressful at work.
      -Describe how important safety was at your previous jobs.
      -What type of boss do you like and what type do you not like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

I did a application for Delta on September 24, 2012. On the following Monday I received a call email telling me to call a number for a phone interview in which I did. They basically ask do you mind working outside at any weather environment, do you accept the pay, and other questions that involve lifting, how would handle different situations. I was told to hold so he could find a opening for a F2F, but when he came back on the line he said they didn't have any appointments available. On October 5, 2012 I received a phone for a F2F interview at the airport. I was in a room of like 11 people. I was the only female of 3 that was hired on the spot. The interview questions were standard. How would you handle a dangerous situation? Can you lift this much? Do you have open availability? My interviewer was nice. They only hired 4 people and I'm sure they were her picks. The next thing is to fill out lots of paperwork and take a physical agility test, a hearing test, and a urine test. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you attempt to make a impact on customers considering you don't get to see them most the time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting on clearance from background.