Delta Air Lines Reservations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on 5-5 for Delta Tampa Reservations Domestic frontline. Having experience in reservations for other airlines it was was obvious to me that I should be at the top of the list. Got assessment on 5-5-17, and then video interview on 5-16, received invite on 6-7 for an in-person interview, attended 1 week later. Delta is supposed to be a leader in the industry for many things, however this process, meaning the interview itself was a complete joke. FYI you park in the parking garage, and there is no signage that it is a DL call center, very weird.
 1. Most of the applicants were children of current Delta employees, it made no sense as to why any other employees should have been invited, since the children would all get the favorable consideration. 2. The position is in TPA, and there is no work at home position guaranteed at all. And they stated they were going away with it in the coming year’s. 3. The basically tried to scare you into the fact that you would have the worst shift possible for the next 3 years, from 10pm to 6am, really doesn’t make too much sense to make it sound so bad when you want people to work for you. Mind you, this was the head of the res center that did my interview. They also tried to get you to a mock sale call to upgrade a pax to first class. Further, DL is so backwards, in that when you shift bid, you only bid with the 400 agents in TPA, so you really get a bad bid. Unlike UA/AA you actually bid with a larger group which has in turn a variety of shifts. There were several DL managers there, they were really anti union as well (some applicants had asked if there was a union) Received a notice late august that I was not selected. Good luck! lol

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Delta Air Lines

Reservations Agent Interview

Interview

I applied on Friday got a call on Monday to set up a phone interview on Wednesday. After that I had an email asking me to come for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They put you on a scenario with an upset customer. Little bit confusing.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

It was a 3 part process. Phone interview and 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Process was Apply online, telephone interview, email appointment and directions. Meet with 2 floor supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to upsale a product?   1 Answer

Shifts could be anytime day or night. Reservations is a 24 hour position.

Reservation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied online on Mon Mar 25, had a phone interview next day and today a call from HR to go over my file and they said they'd call within next wk to schedule my f2f interview, so the process seems to be going fast.

Interview Questions

• Please tell a time when you had to meet a deadline and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an email with a phone number to call them for an interview when i am ready.

Interview Questions

• Three characteristics an excellent customer service rep should have?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

It was a quick interview but the lady seemed confused. She claimed I had "moved forward" and gave me a number to call if any other questions. I think the interview was weird and the lady had trouble finding my file.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

After I finished the application a week went by I got a call but I missed it. It was a Delta airline recruiter but they left a message to call back. I called back and spoke with another recruiter who did my phone interview. They asked about my previous employment and how much customer service experience I had. Then they asked questions about sales experiences like name a time when you up sold to a customer. Once I was finished with the phone interview the next step was for a senior recruiter to call me that took another week. I got a phone call for a face to face interview with a time and date. In the face to face interview they asked questions about customer service experiences I've had for example name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer. Tip is to tell a story like explain the situation, next is to tell what steps you took to resolve there concern and then tell the end results. Once the face to face interview was over I was told they will call me in a week but I got a job offer call on Monday when I had the face to face interview on Friday of the previous week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Delta?   2 Answers

I was offered another job with better pay to support my family and a fresh start into a career in accounting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a call for phone interview after I completed application and personality test last Wednesday. The phone interview consisted of 3 questions. (How would I upsell?, How would I deal with a client resistance of the sell? and How would I deal with an upset client?) Then I was told that I had progressed to the next step which is an 1 on 1 interview. I had the interview the follwoing Monday(this morning). It went well, was asked the same questions plus a few more in general same type ques. Was asked to sell the interviewer on a product (give a short scenario/presentation on selling her a pen or a pencil which would she buy?). I felt good about the interview and was told that I would get a call by end of week or sooner with a big smile when I was told that. Don't know if I got the job or not? I believe I did well, the interviewer and I seemed to click well and she was very pleasant.I had been told by someone else that they were hired and took the drug test that very day of 1on1 interview. So I don't know if that is the norm. or if I still have a chance of getting the job? Any suggestions or feedback please. I really want and need this job!!!

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with an upset client?   2 Answers
    • How would I handle a client when I didn't understand what they are asking for?i   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

After successfully completing a phone interview, I was offered an in-person interview. All of the candidates met together in a room to watch a film about the airline and its mission to provide top customer satisfaction. Following the informational film, each candidate met individually with a Delta supervisor for a one-on-one interview. The interview went well. The gentleman conducting the interview was very respectful, kind, and professional.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel that there were any unusually difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question