Delta Career Education Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta Career Education Corporation

2.6

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews, 2 face to face, one over telephone. Final interviewer who was supposedly the district supervisor had NO IDEA how to ask appropriate questions. Seemed like less educated and skilled that the first two interviewers who were subordintes

Interview Questions

• Same questions regarding "give example of how you dealt with problem" etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiated

Campus Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

After Skype interviews with two Operational Vice Presidents I was flown to the headquarters and asked to do a 2 hour presentation on "anything". I completed the presentation and was returned to the airport. The next day my headhunter called and told me I got the position and could name my location of work.

Interview Questions

• How would you impact the campus as a new Campus Director.   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation.

Interview

I had a group interview with 2 other candidates and 2 interviewers (both very pleasant). I was contacted within 10 days and asked to come back for another interview. I interviewed with 2 people- a Dean (very pleasant) and a regional recruiting manager (who showed up late and asked ridiculous questions).

Interview Questions

• The Regional Admissions Supervisor asked the same question 5 times at least. Also asked something about "what would you do if your cubicle was filled with tennis balls?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Clarksville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by a woman from another company (decision toolbox) named Traci who was contracted by Delta to find candidates. She informed me that she had reviewed my resume on career builder or a similar website. She spoke with me several times and then I had a phone interview with someone from delta and also someone from my specific campus. I eventually had a face to face interview with the campus director and director of admissions. I was told a few days later that I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play and pretend that I was trying to convince a student to come to school at my college who had many objections. The hardest part was considering how to overcome obstacles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted their first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Sunbury, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email the same day asking to schedule an initial phone screen. Part of the email asked that prior to the phone screen, I provide a written response to the questions "What appealed to you about this opportunity and how has your background prepared you to be successful in it?"
    To schedule the phone screen, I selected the date and times from an online calendar. I also replied to the question above via email.
    At the phone screen, I was made aware that the screener was from a third party company. This is very important to keep in mind, as there are pros and cons to Delta using a third party company. The representative who was phone screening didn't know a lot about the position, so was unable to answer many of my questions, however as a third party representative, based on not having that knowledge they can only really look for key words. Be careful reading the job description of what they are looking for, so you can feed these buzz words back.
    I was advised after the phone screen that Delta likes to act very quickly, so to expect a call by the next week, or else to call the representative back. Unfortunately, I didn't receive a call so ended up calling the representative back.

Interview Questions

• The question in the email, "What appealed to you about this opportunity and how has your background prepared you to be successful in it?" Could be tricky.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Greenville, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Started off with an Online Assesment, then I was selected for a Group Interview (they don't tell you its a group interview though). After that I had a One on One then took a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team?   1 Answer

Low base pay, similar schools offer more. It took so long for them to finally offer that I accepted another position.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial group interview and then called back for one on one interview. Phone Interview with team already in place. Lengthy background and reference checks. Assessment Tests. Literally jumped through a bunch of hoops and asked to clarify things as needed. Usual on-boarding requirements for any new hire. There wasn't any clear follow-up from the management team already in place and I found this to be disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make a 100+ phone calls a day?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I sent a resume for a job post in March and didn't get a call for an interview until June. The interview took approximately 30 minutes, after which I was informed that I would be starting the following week.

Interview Questions

• Many of our students come to us because they have had bad experiences with the education system. Some will come into the classroom with chip on their shoulders and will try their best to challenge you and try to disrupt your lesson plan. For example, a student comes into your class 45 minutes late and interrupts you to ask what she missed. What will you do?   Answer Question

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Asked a lot of personal questions about living in the area. Made me give a sales pitch, when the job is supposed to be about advising students. Didn't ask me about students at all or ideas.

Interview Questions

• How long have you lived in the area and what people do you know in high places?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Career Education Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Originally found through a recruiter, two step interview process. One informal sit down with the recruiter going over questions that may or may not be asked during the formal interview. Gal who was going to interview me was caught up with an "emergency" so a girl young enough to still be in high school interviewed. Personal questions asked, "tell me about yourself" etc.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate your attendance?   1 Answer