Delta Dental Plans Association IT Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Step 1 was a prescreen with the HR rep. Step 2 was a 30 min intv with the CIO and the deputy CIO. Step 3 was an onsite meeting with the CIO, deputy CIO, and 2 IT leaders. Unfortunately, the CIO was pulled away for a personal reason and was not able to attend the 3rd interview. Since this position would report directly to the CIO, it was important to me and the CIO to meet in person before either one of us made a decision. The 3rd interview went very well and it was clear that it was a very good fit. However, it was important to me that I meet with the CIO in person to confirm the fit. After the 3rd interview I reached out to the HR rep to schedule a personal meeting with the CIO. She mentioned to me that she would get back to me with the next steps. After several emails and phone calls to the HR rep, I finally got a phone call 2 months later that they had decided to fill the position from within. While the 2 month delay in getting a decision wasn't frustrating enough, the decision by the CIO to make a hiring decision without meeting one of the final candidates in person appears to be a flawed process.

Interview Questions