Delta Dental Plans Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta Dental Plans Association

2.8

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone screening interview with HR, 1:1 interview with hiring manager, panel interview with the rest of the team. Then you wait and find out that they aren't interested in you because they aren't really sure what kind of person they want in the role.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

A recuiter found my resume on a job board and called me for a an interview.
    Step 1: Phone Interview with Recruiter
    The recruiter then reported my answers and experience back to the hiring manager who was the Training manager. I was then invited in for a
    Step 2: Face to Face Interview with Training Manager
    The Recruiter then called a few weeks later to set up a 3rd interview
    Step 3: Panel Interview with Training Department Leadership including a Mock Training Presentation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were training a difficult client   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association in January 2017.

Interview

Really involved interview process. First submitted resume to website. Phone screen with HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager. That turned into a face to face interview with the hiring manager. That was followed by a group interview with the VP of Sales, VP of Account Management and a sales executive. Really thorough process but not at all hard. It took three months from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Are you management material? Why or why not?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince a prospect that stand alone Dental is the best way to go?   Answer Question

I T Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email and invited to call in to make an appointment. I talked with a very nice receptionist who set up the time/date of my interview. I was told where to come complete with an address. When I arrived, I was ushered into a conference room with three individuals, as well as another via video chat. I was asked several scenarios to see how I would respond and given several other questions about how I would respond and what I would do in a certain circumstance or problem. After about 45 minutes, I was told the interview was about to come to an end, and asked if I had any questions. I felt good about the interview, and the questions I was asked definitely were relevant to the job description/title. Alas, I didn't get a call back though. :-(

Interview Questions

• If user x is having this error on their screen, what would you do first to help them?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you are getting an error when you are trying to do X. What most likely would be the cause of this error?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (San Francisco, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Easy phone interview then got hired. Asked pretty much basic Java and JEE conceptual questions. One of easy to get job.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Interview

The hiring process starts on-line. Intetviews are done in person.

Negotiation

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Oakland, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

This is a technical recruiter role and am very unhappy the interview went, as if it was a technical role, I would need to know all the technologies. Recruiter was not in a mood to listen to my answers, to my understanding after the interview he said he is the lead and got few offshore recruiters who works for him for low wages in the normal working hours, hopefully they dont project to the management that no one is technical here and lets hire offshore again. Recruiter said he is remote that day, dont know whether he sits offshore as well, when we are open to work onsite during the working days and hours, our jobs are taken away. Recruiter was rude thinking he knew everything and his accent was different and not a friendly call.
    We are in a country of equal rights, so we consider everyone, but give preferences to the citizens of this nations, please consider at least for these non technical roles in our country rather than taking it else where, just imagine if your job is also taken away and replaced from else where. I have my fellow citizens are laid off and looking for a living. Please give equal rights and dont take away all the jobs offshore when we need a living here.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technologies he is working which is not appropriate, when I come a manufacturing domain.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

An applicant said she was a "people person", not a "numbers person", in her interview for an accounting position.

Candidate told the interviewer that he was fired from his last job for beating up his boss.

Applicant smelled his armpits on the way to the interview room.

One candidate asked for a cup of water, took a sip, swished it around in his mouth, and spat into a potted plant.

Prospect said, "Seven handicapped parking spaces next to the front door? What, are you having a wheelchair convention or something?"

When asked if he had experience with a certain programming language, the interviewee said, "I don't know, is it on my resume?" while leaning over attempting to look at his own resume.

Interviewee leaned back in the chair, put his feet on the desk and proceeded to tell me how he wanted more money than the position offered but didn't really like to work very much, so he'd need Fridays off and only wanted to work 4-5 hours the rest of the days.

Candidate left his cell phone on and took a call during the interview.

Applicant asked to see the resume of the interviewer to see if the personnel executive was qualified to interview him.

Candidate walked to interview on a hot day, and interviewed while sweating profusely.

Interviewee brought a friend (without confirming first), mentioned her friend was a drug addict so would definitely have to stick around "for a few paychecks".

Interviewee told me he'd worked at a gym and said he had a problem cleaning up the blood and semen in the saunas.

Candidate texted on cellphone during the interview.

Prospect reeked of alcohol.

Huge drop of drool came out of candidate's mouth while listening to a question.

Candidate wore shorts and sandals, and a baseball cap.

When asked if there was anything else he wanted to tell the interviewer, the applicant said, "Well, ma'am, I ain't never killed nobody before." (thanks to N9529K)

One applicant sang all the responses to the interview questions.

One candidate, when asked if he was ever convicted of a felony, responded, "No, I was not convicted, I pled guilty."

A job applicant challenged the interviewer to an arm wrestle.

Interviewee wore a Walkman, explaining that she could listen to the interviewer and the music at the same time.

Candidate fell and broke arm during interview.

Candidate announced she hadn't had lunch and proceeded to eat a hamburger and french fries in the interviewer's office.

Candidate explained that her long-term goals was to replace the interviewer.

Candidate said he never finished high school because he was kidnapped and kept in a closet in Mexico.

Balding candidate excused himself and returned to the office a few minutes later wearing a hairpiece.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Call Screen, 2 In person interviews. One with the department, another with 5-10 management folks from around the company at the same time. Had to take a skills assessment test.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have to deal with someone who is upset?   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I sent in my resume and received a call scheduling an in-person interview with the supervisor for the position. That interview went very well. Subsequently, I was called back back to meet with many others in the company. I connected with all of them but one. That one treated me more disrespectully than I have ever been treated in an interview. After speaking with her, I did not have any expectation of getting an offer since she reported to the person with whom I would have reported. After I left, I sent all of the employees with whom I had spoken a thank you. Two weeks later I emailed the hiring manager and failed to receive a response. I sent a second email and failed to receive the courtesy of a response. A week later, I called and left a voice mail message and failed to receive a call back. It took over 4 week after my second in-person interview to receive a rejection. I had been interested in the position and wish the hiring manager had questioned the motives of the person that treated me disrespectfully during the interview.