Delta Dental Plans Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta Dental Plans Association

2.8

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI).

Interview

interviewed with two managers and then with the department head this interview happened many many years ago and i cant remember much but everyone was friendly at the time.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

I first applied online, I was than called to do a phone interview. Next an in person interview with a total of 8 people. First round was 3 people, second round was 3 people and 3rd round two people. It lasted for about 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Interview

When applying for any position you have to first apply online through the internal site.There are questions that are sent you you in an email and you respond to those first, basically the same information from the online application. Then a phone interview with about 10 or so questions. And lastly, an in person interview takes place with the department that you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make a great fit for this position?   1 Answer

Open Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association.

Interview

very brief phone call to report to work once a resume was submitted. Was not placed into a position where my skills were utilized. Had to work from bottom. Referral from an inside staff was not available.

Negotiation

not an option. I needed employment and accepted any job that was offered. Even though I had a college degree was placed in a low paying customer service position. Resume was not considered. I filled a position with a body.

Sales and Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Gave an HR rep my resume at a career fair, was called within a week and interviewed on the phone, a week later I interviewed with the sales manager, then the following week an interview with the sales director and sales manager. Then 3 days later I was hired. The interview isn't administered by HR so you don't have any of those stupid behavioral questions which I really like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation but you can plan your own schedule and come in whenever you want.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Was approached through LinkedIn for an opportunity. Spoke with HR and followed up with two in-person interviews with a team of 4 each time. Took almost two months to receive an offer letter and start date.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a bad experience. I did a phone interview with HR. Scheduled 2 days later. I come in and the dept. Mgr had miscommunication about interview time. Once you go to nterview they have a sheet of paper asking you about 10 interview questions which you better answer correctly because they look for key words to determine whether you are qualified to work for them.
    If you so happen to get to testing which is a pre- employment test, please be aware that it's not your usual customer service skills test it's a math test. The first 10 questions are open book but they are story problems which you will need to pay close attention to. The next 10 are not basic math it's more like 12x $30.25=_ _-567×$22_=_+23.99-? If you are fresh out of college this is for you.i have never had to take a math test for customer service position.
     Anyway you need to score 70 in order to pass. Training is 4 weeks. Company is not public transit accessible and they have a shuttle that goes from (Marta) North springs station but only runs certain times. Anyways good luck. I think the company was unprofessional during my interview process. And no I am not bitter just warning potential candidates. Because I would want to know.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time where you had a unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association.

Interview

The hiring process is very inconsistent. I was an internal candidate that applied multiple times for the position. A couple times, I did not get past the initial phone interview with the off-site recruiter. Unfortunately, some hires are selected prior to the posting. Jobs are only posted for 3 days. The peer team should be more involved in the final hiring process. Interviews should be as consistent as possible for each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions presented to me were pretty predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, which I regretted later.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

There were separate interviewers. You speak to the preliminary person . After you speak to her then then you are escorted to a second interviewer. The second interviewer was tougher less friendly and ran the interview more like an inquisition.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch jobs? What are some of the challenges you had with your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • Why didnt I stay where I'm so happy at?   1 Answer
    • Did I know that Dental dental was a union company? Also I was asked if I loved my previous employers so much why didn't I go back there?   1 Answer

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview from the HR coordinator and lasts for about 30-45 minutes. In about 2 days, they sent the request for an in person interview with the Director. The director is very nice but has a list of challenging questions.