Delta Dental Plans Association Interview Questions in Okemos, MI | Glassdoor

Delta Dental Plans Association Interview Questions in Okemos, MI

2.7

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI).

Interview

interviewed with two managers and then with the department head this interview happened many many years ago and i cant remember much but everyone was friendly at the time.

Entry Level Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a phone screening immediately after applying, My in-person interview, however, was constantly rescheduled because of scheduling conflicts for the supervisors. I was upfront about having another job offer that would start in a few weeks, but they could not provide a time table as to when they would be done with the interview process. There are two in-person interviews. I only made it through the first round.

The questions were standard, though the atmosphere was very....stuffy and formal. It is very easy to get intimidated by it. I'm technically overqualified for this position, so I think (or hope) the main reason I did not get offered a second interview was because of my own nervousness/awkwardness.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?

Why are you the best candidate for this position?

What does your day look like?

What do you do during downtime?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

First met them at a career fair. Applied online. Received a phone interview a week later. The next week, had an interview. Got the employment offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you managed a team and your specific role in that position?   1 Answer

Delta Dental Plans Association Response

Jul 18, 2016 – Director Public Affairs

This is a review for Delta Dental of Michigan, which is a separate entity and not part of our group of companies.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Normally have a couple of people from management and a peer employee. Round robin questions and answers. Describe work setting scenario's, competency questions on skills listed in resume and job posting, dealing with difficult or challenging personalities. I think it's pretty normal all around.

Interview Questions

• SQL: Can you write a simple SQLstatement from the example data structure here getting the name and address of all active clients. Please include the clients name, client Id, client type, address, and status as of 1/1/2015.

Note: Status Indicator is a boolean value 1 = Active, 0 = Inactive, include the description in your output..
      Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick process, very prompt and always gave detailed information and instructions. I was asked to come in for an interview, then called back to tour the office and meet the team.

Sales and Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Gave an HR rep my resume at a career fair, was called within a week and interviewed on the phone, a week later I interviewed with the sales manager, then the following week an interview with the sales director and sales manager. Then 3 days later I was hired. The interview isn't administered by HR so you don't have any of those stupid behavioral questions which I really like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation but you can plan your own schedule and come in whenever you want.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Step 1 was a prescreen with the HR rep. Step 2 was a 30 min intv with the CIO and the deputy CIO. Step 3 was an onsite meeting with the CIO, deputy CIO, and 2 IT leaders. Unfortunately, the CIO was pulled away for a personal reason and was not able to attend the 3rd interview. Since this position would report directly to the CIO, it was important to me and the CIO to meet in person before either one of us made a decision. The 3rd interview went very well and it was clear that it was a very good fit. However, it was important to me that I meet with the CIO in person to confirm the fit. After the 3rd interview I reached out to the HR rep to schedule a personal meeting with the CIO. She mentioned to me that she would get back to me with the next steps. After several emails and phone calls to the HR rep, I finally got a phone call 2 months later that they had decided to fill the position from within. While the 2 month delay in getting a decision wasn't frustrating enough, the decision by the CIO to make a hiring decision without meeting one of the final candidates in person appears to be a flawed process.

Sales and Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

There was an inital phone interview, followed by a formal interview with management, with a final third interview done by the Vice President of Sales. The phone interview and third interview were more, "get to know you" interviews, very easy and laid back. The second interview was average and more extensive.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on-site. Immediately escorted to an office in HR to take a paper test with around 40 questions, some multiple choice and troubleshooting, others essay style. After the test was a panel interview including all members of the team and the Information Security manager. A couple days later I heard that I did not get the position based on how I did on the test.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions around everything from port numbers to sub-netting. I was surprised to see so many system administrative questions on a test for a security position. an example of one specific question was the port that LDAP runs on be default.   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Okemos, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Contacted by email and invited to come in for an interview. Met with two managers on location in the hr area.

Interview Questions

• Best traversal of a linked list without multithreading?   Answer Question

Negotiation

tried negotiating but there is a strict pay scale that is kept to.