Delta Dental of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Dental of California Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an Application, had a phone screening,they do panel interviews with supervisors and managers , pass a test that consisted of math questions and word problems ,pass background check

Interview Questions

• what do you know about delta dental?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant and it took 40 to 60 minutes. Met with the HR person and then took me to meet with the manager and supervisor. Manager explained what they need and why the position is open. Asked me several questions on my skills and background.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you had to face a critical decision.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California.

Interview

It was a part-time job where you travel to events to disseminate insurance plan information to companies with Delta Dental plans. Interview was pretty straight forward. It was a conference call with HR and other applicants and they explain what the job is and how it works. If you are interested, HR will send you a packet of forms that you fill out and you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel with your own transportation?   Answer Question

Claims Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California in September 2015.

Interview

Phone call within one week of application submitted. 4 tests and two separate interviews. One was with HR representative and other with hiring manager. After interview two weeks later checked references. After three weeks no offer yet.

Interview Questions

• how do you manager your own tasks while managing other employee tasks?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California.

Interview

Very east interview.
    Was very upfront abuot what they were looking for. i was hired within 7days. they told me about the benefits and pay as well. .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California.

Interview

The hiring process is very inconsistent. I was an internal candidate that applied multiple times for the position. A couple times, I did not get past the initial phone interview with the off-site recruiter. Unfortunately, some hires are selected prior to the posting. Jobs are only posted for 3 days. The peer team should be more involved in the final hiring process. Interviews should be as consistent as possible for each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions presented to me were pretty predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, which I regretted later.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

A recuiter found my resume on a job board and called me for a an interview.
    Step 1: Phone Interview with Recruiter
    The recruiter then reported my answers and experience back to the hiring manager who was the Training manager. I was then invited in for a
    Step 2: Face to Face Interview with Training Manager
    The Recruiter then called a few weeks later to set up a 3rd interview
    Step 3: Panel Interview with Training Department Leadership including a Mock Training Presentation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were training a difficult client   Answer Question

NEA Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California (Rancho Cordova, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was quick and HR was very punctual and attentive. The HR recruiter kept in touch the entire time and was very responsive when I had questions. They were also very welcoming and made me very comfortable in asking questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my long term goals were.   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Weak, the interviewer was not knowledgable and seemed disinterested

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave,

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental of California in March 2013.

Interview

i emailed the chief actuary regarding an online posting that i applied to online, he responded by saying he would forward my info the HR, the HR contact called me 2 days later to conduct a phone screening and said it'd be 2 weeks, exactly 2 weeks later HR called to set up an on-site interview for the following week, i spoke on the phone to someone in another office and met with my future mgr and teammate

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions; i had experience with the job responsibilities and the software i'm not familiar with i can learn   Answer Question

Negotiation

i received an initial offer 2 days after the on-site interview, after speaking with the chief actuary and HR we changed the base salary twice and i finally accepted 2 days later