Deltek Interview Questions in Herndon, VA | Glassdoor

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA).

Interview

First a call with HR, then a call with Manager, then long 2 hour interview, followed by few more phone interviews. Its pretty standard. The 2 hour interview you go in person and get to meet the team you would work with.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about previous experience   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. Initial phone call with a recruiter followed with an onsite interview. Meet with 3 hiring managers. Phone interview with another senior manager. Final call with VP of Sales. She asked me to email her my motivations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deltek?   1 Answer

Senior Princiapl Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR and then later met in person with 4 different people during separate consecutive interviews including direct supervisor, their manager, the CFO and the Controller.

Interview Questions

• What related experience did I have for the position?   1 Answer

Match Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA).

Interview

There was one interview that asked basic questions. My manager was mainly concerned with reliability and work efficiency. A few days after I received a call back letting me know I got the job and we negotiated a start date.

Interview Questions

• Since the job was part-time and entry-level, most of the questions revolved around reliability, efficiency and availability. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Saw job posting online and contacted recruiter. Initial screening with recruiter. Phone call for 1 hour with hiring manager a few days later. On-site interview the following week. 5 separate one-on-one interviews lasting 45 min each. Met with peers and managers. Received offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are some possible solutions for addressing our issue of.... ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to slightly increase base salary

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Fill out online application, phone interview with one of their recruiters, personal interview at their office. If interested, the recruiter will call you to set up the personal interview, If you pass that you need to fill out and sign a confidentiality agreement and information for a background check.

Negotiation

Very positive, they offered more than expected.

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Office interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

I sent a resume in for a position in operations and was contacted about a week later by a recruiter who asked the basic questions (salary, etc), and then scheduled an onsite interview with a VP. The interview went well, but I was not offered a position. I was asked lots of questions about how I would approach first 90 days, and that sort of thing...the kind of stuff that a director should be prepared to answer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 90 days?   1 Answer
    • What makes you unique amongst other candidates and how do you see yourself making a difference on the company?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with members of the team and final interview with leader. A 10 panel pre-employment drug screen was required via third party and full background check was conducted via third party company. The interview was completed on same day for a one-trip interview process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and standard knowledge questions which were pre-scripted   Answer Question
    • Many questions were detailed towards team contribution vs. individual contribution. Deltek wants to believe you will become a team player, yet once in the company, only those in power elite titles make the decisions, regardless of team opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was a part of final offer. Salary was determined with a pre-determined maximum range.

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deltek (Herndon, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy if you are coming from AOL. Employees transferred back and forth to claim bonuses for upper management. If you are coming from outside then standard interview, as AOL has no available employees to meet bonus requirments.
    Bargin on salary as they will pay high saliries to start and then dump/harass you, to entice you to leave) when an AOL employee opens up to collect bonuses.
    Highly prejudice team, and HR has no power or answers!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you are applying for a position that you have experience in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and fast as they just needed a body. VP and most of the people that already left knew the most. Won't last long.