Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.6

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Talked about my experience and she mentioned they needed someone to start very soon, which I told them I was able to do. The next day I received a call to set up an in person interview. The interview took about 4 hours, I toured the facility and had interviews with all of the members of the team. As I was leaving, I was told I would hear back, either way, by the following Monday. The entire interview they really made it clear they needed someone to start very quickly. The day after the interview I sent a thank you note, and after not hearing back on the day I was told, I sent a follow up email. I never received a response. I drove 4 hours to the interview and then the interview (which I was told would be 3 hours) ended up being 4 hours. At the time I was totally okay with it because the job seemed like a good fit. It has been 3 weeks and I have still received no response. For a company who claims they focus on the candidate experience, they have a long way to go. If you are looking for a proactive company, I would look elsewhere.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter, which was thorough and informative. She went over their benefits and asked about salary requirements right away - which I always prefer, so nobody's time is wasted. After she spoke with the hiring manager, I was then invited for an in-person interview. The meeting with the hiring manager was somewhat awkward, as I was picking up a lack of enthusiasm from the very start. I did my best to keep a friendly conversation going and ask pertinent questions about the role. But she only asked me 2 questions--one about what I'm doing now and one about my "coding" experience. The interview ended awkwardly with me saying - I don't have anymore questions and her saying "ok" and getting up to show me out. She didn't sell the job very well (although this may be due to her lack of interest) and made it sound like most of the time you're using templates and the highlight of the day is designing emails... Yay? So this wasn't a job I had much interest in myself. I wouldn't have an issue if she'd asked a lot of questions and then displayed a lack of interest. But given she hardly asked me any questions, I felt like I was being assessed on things that had nothing to do with my qualifications. And, yes, I showed up on time, was dressed professionally, and brought a copy of my resume. It's not uncommon for me to get multiple job offers when I'm looking (I have a versatile skill set in my field). Really, this isn't a reflection on the company. They handled things professionally and got back to me in a timely manner. This is more a reflection on the hiring manager and a need to work on interviewing skills.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lansdale, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a first phone interview and the employer covered all the aspects of the job, training period and benefits. It was a very positive experience. Had a second phone interview with a manager and he covered all the expectations of the employer and employee. I am still in the interviewing process but I feel optimistic about this position.

Interview Questions

• The 8 hour shifts range from 8 am to 8 pm and how I felt about working either shift.
      Would I be comfortable being on the phone most of the day.
      1 Answer

Sales, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.deluxe.com and I was emailed about 6 days after my application to schedule a phone interview. I went online and scheduled the interview for the following day. Cathy, the corporate hiring manager (I think), called and asked some basic questions and told me about the job. She sent me a computer literacy test that took about 3 minutes to complete. The next day, she called back and said she wanted to proceed with the in person interview. The following Tuesday, I went into the location and was interviewed first by a man who asked basic questions, then he introduced me to a hiring manager named Sarah who asked me more questions. It was relaxed, and the job seems like fun. She said they're still doing interviews, and I will know in the next few weeks whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite small business? How would you sell a product to them if their business is declining?   Answer Question
    • Sell me one of your favorite products. (I chose Microsoft Surface)   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Terrible,the interviewer acted like I was wasting her time and that she personally didn't like me at all. At one point during the interview she was in her email,so unprofessional. She stopped me in the middle of answering questions to say that I wasn't answering her question. She even took the time to make me feel bad about not coming to a job fair I didn't know they had a few days before.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell something I didn't like.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was brief and didn't involve enough people. The recruiter was experienced and the initial phone screen was good. Provided helpful information about the people I'd be working for and made sure to leave time to entertain my questions. Clearly a cheerleader for the company. The interview with the hiring manager was not rigorous, and this person was not a cheerleader for the company. Have to give them points for being honest, though. The interview process did not include direct reports.

Interview Questions

• How much hands-on work I was willing to do in addition to strategy and leadership.   Answer Question

Talent Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Applied through company website, website was not the most user friendly. Received email setting up phone interview. Phone screen was fairly casual. Typical salary and experience questions, and any questions you had about the company or position. Hiring manager was quite friendly. Was informed weeks later they decided to not fill the position. Overall was fairly pleased with the candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this position?   1 Answer

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

1st interview over the phone. Had to go to a website and do a personality review. Was then contacted back saying that they would like to do a 2nd interview in person. This consisted of a tour of the facility, sit in with agent while on the phone and listen to their interaction with customers and interview Sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most successful and difficult selling experience.   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions, several managers after initial HR screening. Most questions were asked in a manner that required providing specific examples to illustrate a skill. The process was long, it took 4 months to get feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you created a strategy for a commodity, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager and Controller were very conversational, mostly looking to determine whether it was a good fit. The human resources rep was more formal, very traditional behavioral interview.