Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interviewed by three different people in the company. They asked me about my personal and academic background and then gave me a writing exercise that had to do with writing a post on their facebook or twitter page.

Interview Questions

• What events in your past give you the skills for this position?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

They had two rounds for the interview. 1 for HR and another had the technical round. The HR round was mostly about your personality and whether you'd be a good fit to their company. Overall, I would have to say it was a fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• They had a few technical questions on scope and a few pre defined functions in javascript.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Talked about my experience and she mentioned they needed someone to start very soon, which I told them I was able to do. The next day I received a call to set up an in person interview. The interview took about 4 hours, I toured the facility and had interviews with all of the members of the team. As I was leaving, I was told I would hear back, either way, by the following Monday. The entire interview they really made it clear they needed someone to start very quickly. The day after the interview I sent a thank you note, and after not hearing back on the day I was told, I sent a follow up email. I never received a response. I drove 4 hours to the interview and then the interview (which I was told would be 3 hours) ended up being 4 hours. At the time I was totally okay with it because the job seemed like a good fit. It has been 3 weeks and I have still received no response. For a company who claims they focus on the candidate experience, they have a long way to go. If you are looking for a proactive company, I would look elsewhere.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lansdale, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a first phone interview and the employer covered all the aspects of the job, training period and benefits. It was a very positive experience. Had a second phone interview with a manager and he covered all the expectations of the employer and employee. I am still in the interviewing process but I feel optimistic about this position.

Interview Questions

• The 8 hour shifts range from 8 am to 8 pm and how I felt about working either shift.
      Would I be comfortable being on the phone most of the day.   1 Answer

Sales, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.deluxe.com and I was emailed about 6 days after my application to schedule a phone interview. I went online and scheduled the interview for the following day. Cathy, the corporate hiring manager (I think), called and asked some basic questions and told me about the job. She sent me a computer literacy test that took about 3 minutes to complete. The next day, she called back and said she wanted to proceed with the in person interview. The following Tuesday, I went into the location and was interviewed first by a man who asked basic questions, then he introduced me to a hiring manager named Sarah who asked me more questions. It was relaxed, and the job seems like fun. She said they're still doing interviews, and I will know in the next few weeks whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite small business? How would you sell a product to them if their business is declining?   Answer Question
    • Sell me one of your favorite products. (I chose Microsoft Surface)   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Terrible,the interviewer acted like I was wasting her time and that she personally didn't like me at all. At one point during the interview she was in her email,so unprofessional. She stopped me in the middle of answering questions to say that I wasn't answering her question. She even took the time to make me feel bad about not coming to a job fair I didn't know they had a few days before.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell something I didn't like.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was brief and didn't involve enough people. The recruiter was experienced and the initial phone screen was good. Provided helpful information about the people I'd be working for and made sure to leave time to entertain my questions. Clearly a cheerleader for the company. The interview with the hiring manager was not rigorous, and this person was not a cheerleader for the company. Have to give them points for being honest, though. The interview process did not include direct reports.

Interview Questions

• How much hands-on work I was willing to do in addition to strategy and leadership.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very nice. The guy that interviewed me was very intense, like he was peering into my soul. He must have been a cop or something because i think he could tell i was lying about my last job.

Talent Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Applied through company website, website was not the most user friendly. Received email setting up phone interview. Phone screen was fairly casual. Typical salary and experience questions, and any questions you had about the company or position. Hiring manager was quite friendly. Was informed weeks later they decided to not fill the position. Overall was fairly pleased with the candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this position?   1 Answer

Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

1st interview over the phone. Had to go to a website and do a personality review. Was then contacted back saying that they would like to do a 2nd interview in person. This consisted of a tour of the facility, sit in with agent while on the phone and listen to their interaction with customers and interview Sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most successful and difficult selling experience.   1 Answer