Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very nice. The guy that interviewed me was very intense, like he was peering into my soul. He must have been a cop or something because i think he could tell i was lying about my last job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process was quite through it consisted of 7 interviews with 6 different people. Three tests were also required that consisted of IQ and personality based. The process took about 2 months from start to finish. The recruiters were great, always kept me informed of where we were in the process and responded immediately to any questions that I did have at that time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received the top of the scale offer, and accepted it.

Print and Component Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joppa, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Joppa, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Custom Direct was purchased by Deluxe in 2010. Hiring and interview process was stressful as can be expected when there is a buy out.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I wanted to accept a job with a company located in MN and CO while working in MD in a building that would eventually close it's doors 3+ years later.   1 Answer

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in July 2011.

Interview

In my opinion the interview process involved too many phone/face to face interviews. 4 phone interviews and 2 face to face. Although the entire process was completed within two weeks and I did accept the offer in July 2011... positions eliminated Dec 2012.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to give verbal presentation on six financial service products that they offer, one day to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negociation as my offer was at the top of the provided salary range.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with talent acquisition; then phone interview with hiring manager; then in person interview with several people at the site; then 10 hours of assessment testing with an outside psychology firm that included online tests + in-person interviews + email in-box test. The assessment testing was excessive, time-consuming and many of the questions/tests seemed totally irrelevant to the job I was applying for.

The interview process was very pleasant with the people who work at the company. You'll meet with the hiring manager; their boss; your peers; people who would work for you; HR. The people are REALLY nice and smart. They do a fair amount of selling you on why you want to work for Deluxe.

Interview Questions

• None from the people who worked there. The third party tests and assessments are extensive and don't seem related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told them how much money I wanted to make and they came back with a good offer. They do offer signing bonuses and can also offer more vacation time for execs.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Four interviews - 1st with recruiter (phone), 2nd with director (phone), 3rd with director (in person), 4th with two generalists (in person). The overall interview process went very smoothly and moved pretty quickly (they were eager to fill the position). The recruiter was very professional with following up. When it came down to the offer process, this is when my experience changed. The recruiter followed up to extend an offer the same day I had my final interviews. As soon as I proceeded to negotiate the salary and vacation time- the recruiter's tone of voice completely changed and it's as if she was offended by my counter offer. I asked for slightly more than the offer, and explained that I had an upcoming month-long trip, and needed an extra week of vacation. After following up with the director, they declined both and I had to decline the position. I was shocked that they were so quick to move on simply for a $4,000 salary increase and an extra 5 days of vacation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a big problem at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by an out of state recruiter first, then in person interview at local office if selected to move forward. HR reviews interview answers before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• I'd like for you to sell me this product.   1 Answer

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview less than one week after applying. I was then offered the chance for an in person interview. After accepting the job offer I went through the background check and drug test, which was not a long drawn out process From applying to training it was less than two weeks.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Talked about my experience and she mentioned they needed someone to start very soon, which I told them I was able to do. The next day I received a call to set up an in person interview. The interview took about 4 hours, I toured the facility and had interviews with all of the members of the team. As I was leaving, I was told I would hear back, either way, by the following Monday. The entire interview they really made it clear they needed someone to start very quickly. The day after the interview I sent a thank you note, and after not hearing back on the day I was told, I sent a follow up email. I never received a response. I drove 4 hours to the interview and then the interview (which I was told would be 3 hours) ended up being 4 hours. At the time I was totally okay with it because the job seemed like a good fit. It has been 3 weeks and I have still received no response. For a company who claims they focus on the candidate experience, they have a long way to go. If you are looking for a proactive company, I would look elsewhere.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then there was a one on one interview. the interviews lasted from 30 minutes to an hour. they brought in a group of potential new hires, give the group a presentation on the company and come of its benefits and answer any questions. then the move onto the one on one interviews. they then send you home and call you with in a 2-3 days to let you know if you are a good fit for the company or not.