Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

3-4 phone interviews with HR, Sales Management. Each interviewer asks different questions and then they reconvenene and share thoughts on the candidate. Final interview was face to face with the hiring manager but by then the offer was anticipated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the first salary offer as it was a solid offer but did negotiate some added bridge salary until commissions kicked in.

Interview

RIDICULOUS process to complete 5+ hours of online "psychological testing" and then more in-person "tests" and role plays with a firm they've hired to help them with hiring. Doesn't work at all. The outside firm doesn't consider how the existing execs will get along with/compliment/work together.

The interview process with the Deluxe people is nice and easy. If they bring you into Minneapolis, they want to convince you to work for them.

Interview Questions

• The extensive time spent with the third-party firm on the "psychological assessment" with totally irrelevant questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a salary, bonus and 4 weeks vacation. They had me sign a ridiculous non-compete that I refused to (it would have prevented me from working in any marketing-related job). They required drug testing. I should have asked for 5 weeks vacation and more money. Once I was hired I saw that they were quite flexible if they wanted to hire the person. But then again, I got laid off six months later and so did a lot of the sales/marketing people they hired.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Did a short phone interview with basic qualifying questions. Was called about a week later for an in person interview. Interview was very generic. Had typical situation questions. Was notified about two weeks later that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Had to make something up for that one!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviews simple and quick. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Given an object that does not meet its intended purpose, what do you do with it?   Answer Question

It did not seem to be a career growth opportunity for me, personally.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (American Fork, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

experience questions + one task on a white board, it was with a director and a software architect. a task war to arrange a string using simple C# implementation. all other questions were from .NET framework and past experience

Interview Questions

• I believe that a most difficult question was a task at a board to write a code - hate writing code on a boards. a task was to sort a string using available c# methodology   Answer Question

Negotiation

just an offer was sent

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in April 2011.

Interview

Asked a series of standard boiler plate questions. The interview is structured and verbatim off of a template used by all hiring managers. They're mainly looking to see that you can communicate clearly, have a positive attitude, are willing to learn, and are willing to follow instructions. During some interviews they will setup a mock call to have you attempt to sell something to them over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your energy going as you get towards your 6th and 7th work hour in the day?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Behavior interviewing - name a time when this Happened, how would you handle this situation , tell me about a customer that did this. Phone interview and then face to gave last is the background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The over all process was a keyboard test. The second I to take a sales ssurvey I had to then do a interview at night and then talked with hr about pay and schedule

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with computers phones and people   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lansdale, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a first phone interview and the employer covered all the aspects of the job, training period and benefits. It was a very positive experience. Had a second phone interview with a manager and he covered all the expectations of the employer and employee. I am still in the interviewing process but I feel optimistic about this position.

Interview Questions

• The 8 hour shifts range from 8 am to 8 pm and how I felt about working either shift.
      Would I be comfortable being on the phone most of the day.
      1 Answer