Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.7

Sales, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.deluxe.com and I was emailed about 6 days after my application to schedule a phone interview. I went online and scheduled the interview for the following day. Cathy, the corporate hiring manager (I think), called and asked some basic questions and told me about the job. She sent me a computer literacy test that took about 3 minutes to complete. The next day, she called back and said she wanted to proceed with the in person interview. The following Tuesday, I went into the location and was interviewed first by a man who asked basic questions, then he introduced me to a hiring manager named Sarah who asked me more questions. It was relaxed, and the job seems like fun. She said they're still doing interviews, and I will know in the next few weeks whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite small business? How would you sell a product to them if their business is declining?   Answer Question
    • Sell me one of your favorite products. (I chose Microsoft Surface)   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Terrible,the interviewer acted like I was wasting her time and that she personally didn't like me at all. At one point during the interview she was in her email,so unprofessional. She stopped me in the middle of answering questions to say that I wasn't answering her question. She even took the time to make me feel bad about not coming to a job fair I didn't know they had a few days before.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell something I didn't like.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was brief and didn't involve enough people. The recruiter was experienced and the initial phone screen was good. Provided helpful information about the people I'd be working for and made sure to leave time to entertain my questions. Clearly a cheerleader for the company. The interview with the hiring manager was not rigorous, and this person was not a cheerleader for the company. Have to give them points for being honest, though. The interview process did not include direct reports.

Interview Questions

• How much hands-on work I was willing to do in addition to strategy and leadership.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very nice. The guy that interviewed me was very intense, like he was peering into my soul. He must have been a cop or something because i think he could tell i was lying about my last job.

Website Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Groton, MA).

Interview

Phone Interview with Hiring Recruiter first. Then over a month later I has a 1 on 1 In-Person Interview with Management then I was taken into the department where I was shown briefly the process and programs used.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult choices you has to make with your previous employers and what was the process you used in making that decision?
      How are you with meeting evolving guidelines and timelines?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Behavior interviewing - name a time when this Happened, how would you handle this situation , tell me about a customer that did this. Phone interview and then face to gave last is the background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

The initial interview took place on campus (UW-Eau Claire). This interview was short and sweet, with questions centered on personality. After a couple days, I was invited to the second round of interviews.

This was an interview 'event' where multiple candidates were invited to the Deluxe campus to interview round-robin style. I had 5-6 (can't remember the exact number) interview rounds with a total of 10+ people. Each interview was very welcoming and the questions were definitely not confrontational.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had to work under pressure.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then there was a one on one interview. the interviews lasted from 30 minutes to an hour. they brought in a group of potential new hires, give the group a presentation on the company and come of its benefits and answer any questions. then the move onto the one on one interviews. they then send you home and call you with in a 2-3 days to let you know if you are a good fit for the company or not.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Involved listening in on a few calls with a current employee which is helpful to see a sample of what the job involves. Interview was completed after with the hiring manager, took approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of one way you found solutions to fit a customer's current needs along with additional produts or services they did not originally initiate.   Answer Question

Talent Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Applied through company website, website was not the most user friendly. Received email setting up phone interview. Phone screen was fairly casual. Typical salary and experience questions, and any questions you had about the company or position. Hiring manager was quite friendly. Was informed weeks later they decided to not fill the position. Overall was fairly pleased with the candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this position?   1 Answer