Deluxe Entertainment Interview Questions in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

Applied on line, contacted by in house talent acquisition for filtering of unqualified candidates. I was directed to a phone interview the next week with 3 people. 2 of the three people were minutes late, one of them significantly. Basic questions about project management and my past history were covered. None of the managers seemed interested in being on the call at any point. One then asked what year I graduated from college - a technically legal question to get around the illegal "how old are you" question. Shortly thereafter, one of the interviewers dropped off the call without saying goodbye.
    Weeks went by when the talent acquisition person indicated that the managers still had not decided to move forward on hiring anyone.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through the Deluxe website. Received an email the next week to set up a phone pre-interview with the Recruiter. During the phone interview an in person interview was set up for the following week. Interviewed in Burbank with two people and the questions were fairly standard. Completed two writing tests at the end of the interview. A couple of weeks later I received another email to set up a second interview with two more people. This interview was more detailed and department specific in it's questioning.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your employment history and how you arrived at your last job.   Answer Question
    • How are you with juggling multiple projects?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work under tight time constraints?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team environment with team members that may be less experienced but have more knowledge than you?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. I waited for the phone interview and no one called me. So I called the recruiter back, who rescheduled the phone interview. (I would think someone would call me to reschedule.)The phone interview went ok. I was then called by the recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. The recruiter said that she emailed the Director about one of the interviewers was out sick and that there was a replacement. He said he didn't know about it. I was also told that the position wasn't for this one dept but for another. The interview room that was booked had someone using it, so I ended up being interviewed in the Director's office. Shortly the Director took a phone call that lasted about 5-7 mins. He apologized and said that it was an important call from a DevOps Engineer who left the company because he was bored; didn't have much to do and that he had important information that he needed to get. (This is like a red flag to me.) He then said to me that I didn't have enough hands on experience with Automation(I told the guy during the phone interview that I'm not that experienced in Automation.) I then interviewed with a QA Engineer who asked me simple SQL questions and also gave me a couple of coding questions to answer. The QA Engineer and the Director both agreed that I wasn't a fit for the position. The 2 hour interview only lasted 1 hour. A total waste of my time. The phone interview guy could have just said right then and there that I wasn't a fit for the position, since they needed an advanced QA Automation expert. The drive was about 40-45mins each way from my home. My impression is that this company isn't respectful of people's time, and they have poor communication. Glad that I didn't waste another hour interviewing with them!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about one big project you worked on, that you are most proud of.
      2. How much automation experience do you have?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Heard back from recruiter 4 days later. Spoke briefly on the phone. She went over the job details, what I'm currently doing, the usual. She asked about salary requirements, I mentioned my current salary ($42k) and she said that's within the range the position goes for. A day or so later she emailed me to schedule an in person with 2 people from the team. The in person interview was in their Burbank office which was nice. Met with 2 directors. Went over my resume and they went in depth about the role and its duties. Asked me about my day to day responsibilities currently. If I would work overtime at a moments notice, etc. I felt the in person went very well. Both directors were very friendly. So I felt good leaving the interview.

A week after the in person interview, the same recruiter I had the phone call with reached out offering me the position. However, I felt it was a HUGE bait and switch. She offered me the role as temp to hire with absolutely no guarantee of conversion. On top of that, she mentioned it would be at a rate of $15/hour. I told her I'd think about it. After voicing my concerns that no one mentioned temp to hire to me, she claims she did mention it and that I agreed. Just to be clear, I have a stable salaried job making 25% more than this position. So there's really no one way I would even interview for a job knowing its a temp position.

I will say that this was a very discouraging interview process for me. I have waited years to get back into entertainment and to have this shown to me and then taken away was frustrating. The staff at Deluxe was very friendly. I just wish they were clear from the beginning that they have zero full time positions and that they're really just looking for labor for the new CA minimum wage. I don't think it's appropriate for a person working retail/fast food to be making the same as this position (just a suggestion).

If you're looking to get your foot in the door and can handle an unknown future working for minimum wage, then this is the job for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any technical experience utilizing programs such as FinalCut, etc.?   Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

no openings right now, but went to see the facility and talk to an old co-worker... networking. met this guy at a restaurant with another longtime ago co-worker. we will keep in touch

Interview Questions

• will you work around the clock 24/7   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and their Senior Technical Recruiter called me for a phone screen/interview. I missed the call, but followed up with a voicemail and email that I'll be available to speak at her earliest convenience. She emailed me back a time and I agreed, but she called me an hour later. The phone interview was very quick and no tricky questions. She just wanted to know your background a little and talk a little about why the position exists. She didn't provide a hiring timeline, which isn't helpful. I followed up twice with her and never heard back. Very unprofessional with the lack of transparency and communication. Definitely a one-way recruiter.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple process. .Didn't have too many steps Technical questions were easy. They were more interested if I can fit into their team. 2 rounds of interviews. Manager and team lead. I didn't think I would be challenged enough and lose interest.

Interview Questions

• What's the worst environment you've ever worked in?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Called me for interview and had two rounds with 3 people in the panel in each round. They asked me in the first round questions about my past work experience. One of the significant questions was ' Whether I have had any problems with my bosses in the past' I was wondering why they asked that because i never had such a problem before. Now I know why because its quite difficult to stay in that company and say the same after having worked there. They also asked me a few other questions. The technical round had some easy practical questions and some more complicated theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked some quite easy programming questions. Something like given a sentence, find how many 'a's are there. And other questions along these lines.   1 Answer
    • All other questions were regarding past experiences and work that I have done.   Answer Question
    • They asked in detail theoretical questions about Inheritence concept in Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate a lot. They offered me 50K and after a lot of negotiation i got 52K. I took it just out of need of H1B Visa.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Generic, quite a few people on panel , technical interview not too difficult. Provided with situational problem solving questions.
    Good to have industry knowledge
    Negotiate well on base salary and do not fall for any talk of bonus

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was pretty basic. It started with "tell me about yourself." Then followed up with questions about my experience in the subject. I had a second interview where I was asked how I deal with stress and high emotions. I knew that should have been a red flag. The interview was easy and laid back.