Deluxe Entertainment Interview Questions in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

Applied on line, contacted by in house talent acquisition for filtering of unqualified candidates. I was directed to a phone interview the next week with 3 people. 2 of the three people were minutes late, one of them significantly. Basic questions about project management and my past history were covered. None of the managers seemed interested in being on the call at any point. One then asked what year I graduated from college - a technically legal question to get around the illegal "how old are you" question. Shortly thereafter, one of the interviewers dropped off the call without saying goodbye.
    Weeks went by when the talent acquisition person indicated that the managers still had not decided to move forward on hiring anyone.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. I waited for the phone interview and no one called me. So I called the recruiter back, who rescheduled the phone interview. (I would think someone would call me to reschedule.)The phone interview went ok. I was then called by the recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. The recruiter said that she emailed the Director about one of the interviewers was out sick and that there was a replacement. He said he didn't know about it. I was also told that the position wasn't for this one dept but for another. The interview room that was booked had someone using it, so I ended up being interviewed in the Director's office. Shortly the Director took a phone call that lasted about 5-7 mins. He apologized and said that it was an important call from a DevOps Engineer who left the company because he was bored; didn't have much to do and that he had important information that he needed to get. (This is like a red flag to me.) He then said to me that I didn't have enough hands on experience with Automation(I told the guy during the phone interview that I'm not that experienced in Automation.) I then interviewed with a QA Engineer who asked me simple SQL questions and also gave me a couple of coding questions to answer. The QA Engineer and the Director both agreed that I wasn't a fit for the position. The 2 hour interview only lasted 1 hour. A total waste of my time. The phone interview guy could have just said right then and there that I wasn't a fit for the position, since they needed an advanced QA Automation expert. The drive was about 40-45mins each way from my home. My impression is that this company isn't respectful of people's time, and they have poor communication. Glad that I didn't waste another hour interviewing with them!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about one big project you worked on, that you are most proud of.
      2. How much automation experience do you have?   Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

no openings right now, but went to see the facility and talk to an old co-worker... networking. met this guy at a restaurant with another longtime ago co-worker. we will keep in touch

Interview Questions

• will you work around the clock 24/7   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and their Senior Technical Recruiter called me for a phone screen/interview. I missed the call, but followed up with a voicemail and email that I'll be available to speak at her earliest convenience. She emailed me back a time and I agreed, but she called me an hour later. The phone interview was very quick and no tricky questions. She just wanted to know your background a little and talk a little about why the position exists. She didn't provide a hiring timeline, which isn't helpful. I followed up twice with her and never heard back. Very unprofessional with the lack of transparency and communication. Definitely a one-way recruiter.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deluxe Entertainment (Burbank, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Very laid back but was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• All the questions was based on my experience and what I could bring to the company.   Answer Question